Photography Tip: Getting to know your DSLR

12 years 3 weeks ago #215146 by KeezOfLife
Great info, thanks for posting :thumbsup:

KeezOfLife
12 years 1 week ago #217502 by deemarie
Baydream your link leads to a lost page, would you happen to have that file downloaded?

Also, my brain is in overload :

I just purchased my very first DSLR. I started photography years ago with a Pentax k-1000 too many moons ago, and as I have feared, my knowledge then was minimal and now I'm really scared of all the technology! Lol

That's why I purchased my olympus bridge 2 years ago before diving right in!

So I guess I have some questions, hopefully not o stupid.

Would any of the filters from the old slr work on my new dslr? I bought a canon t3i with an 18-55mm lense, also, what about the flashes? I have been looking on the site to see if one thing is mentioned about this but no luck yet.

I enjoy macro poography and nature, so I pland on researching zoom lenses and macro, and while doing so see there re so many alternatives!

Sorry or being long winded!

:silly:

deemarie
12 years 1 week ago #217514 by camariephotography
great stuff here! :goodpost:

LIFE | LOVE | FAMILY :)
camarie-photography.com

12 years 1 week ago #217620 by icepics
Dee I use older manual, mechanical cameras (like your Pentax). My filters fit any of my lenses as long as they're the correct size to fit - 52mm, 55mm is mostly what I have. I haven't been using a digital camera too long compared to years of using a variety of film cameras, but I'm figuing it out, and if I can, you can!

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 1 week ago #217679 by deemarie
Thanks ice pics for the vote of confidence! I know I have tons of reading to do.

I thought if the filters were same size maybe they would work, I ws just too darn scared to try it as I spent a lot of money on the new camera. I was also thinking about selling my old stuff as I haven't used them in years to start a fund for the we dslr. Still reading about what lenses are good and affordable etc.

deemarie
12 years 1 week ago #217684 by Baydream

deemarie wrote: Baydream your link leads to a lost page, would you happen to have that file downloaded?

Dee - the club replaced our web site. The new link to that article is imagemakerstruro.ca/?p=50

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
11 years 10 months ago #234669 by judlukas
thank you!:agree:

11 years 5 months ago #259418 by Don Fischer
I got a question about how he set exposure on the girls face with the window behind her. Couldn't he have gone to spot metering and metered on her face have done the same thing? How about to keep from blowing out the background just shoot the flash. Of course the background in that provides zilch to the photo. But if the she was outside with her face in shadow and a good background, wouldn't that have saved the background.

11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #271870 by Aalia Nebhan
Thank you so much for this great and useful Video. I will come back later! I hope you will also visit my blog and reviews and tell me what you think about it. :goodpost:

11 years 1 month ago #277186 by ed adocal
I just bought my DLSR Camera and it gives a lot of headaches trying to understand what was written on the manual.
This video is really a big help to me and now i know how to use all the buttons in my camera. Thanks a lot! :thumbsup:

11 years 4 weeks ago #277359 by ed adocal
That includes me and this video is really a big help for a beginners like me. :)

11 years 3 weeks ago #277928 by Tuscan Muse
This is so helpful. It is so much better to watch a video than to read a manual. Thank you!
9 years 6 months ago #404714 by Evrolle-Jones
if you really want to learn about photography and lenses i have a link that will take you to a site that helps you all you need to know i am a professional photographer and because of buying this product it work ://

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #413886 by jckd
Excellent......Great tip and help

9 years 4 months ago #414629 by stuartsbarbie
Thank you for taking the time to do this.  I have had my 18month birthday as a DSLR photographer and really appreciate any and all information I can get my hands on.  I have read some of these and did find them helpful

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024