Lens BAG !! To just hold lenses ?

12 years 11 months ago #52263 by LovePhotography
My Friend said that she MIGHT Instead of getting me a lens she was wondering if there was such thing as a LENS BAG Only - NO BODY -

Does anybody know and where would one look for something like that??

Thanks.. :) ;) :cheer:

12 years 11 months ago #52277 by Scout 4x4
Every single bag out there can be used for lens only. Photographers do not need to put the camera itself in the camera bag, but they do because it's safe for the camera.

And there are bags that are sold for only one single lens. Some lenses come with their own bags.

12 years 11 months ago #52280 by LovePhotography
I did not know that .. Thanks..

12 years 11 months ago #52290 by Porter Case
I would think that Samy's, B&H, Adroama, etc. would carry what you are looking for. We make high end "lens bags" more commonly know as an airline carry on with built in CART.

12 years 11 months ago #52293 by LovePhotography
I will do just that THANKS !

12 years 11 months ago #52354 by Scout 4x4
Keep in mind, since Porter Case said "we make high end "lens bags", expect those bags to be more then what your friend is willing to pay.

12 years 11 months ago #52365 by LovePhotography
Yes I am not sure... I will have to look around and she wants she wants to do. or spend..

12 years 11 months ago #53105 by pauledward
This might be just what you are looking for -- the Shootsac

Here is a video:

www.albumshowcase.net/blog/?p=1770

and here is the website -- but watch the video first (I know - now that I said that, everyone will skip the video :-):

www.shootsac.com

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #53106 by Stealthy Ninja
Yes, there's one (very nice) company that makes bags just for holding lenses.

Think Tank

They make the Retrospective Lens Changer Series

You can see them here:
www.thinktankphoto.com/categories/should...-and-sling-bags.aspx

I have a Retrospective 20 (not the changer, the normal bag). The quality is very nice and the looks is quite casual.

If you're an event photographer (as I am), this could be quite a useful system (if you don't like the various belt systems... which is what I use).
The following user(s) said Thank You: LovePhotography
12 years 11 months ago #56181 by LovePhotography
MY Friend got me a GREAT lens bag - I am not sure where but BLACK & it says CANON and it has slots for a TON Of lens and other stuff.. Very Happy..

12 years 11 months ago #56573 by Stealthy Ninja

LovePhotography wrote: MY Friend got me a GREAT lens bag - I am not sure where but BLACK & it says CANON and it has slots for a TON Of lens and other stuff.. Very Happy..

pics or it didn't happen
12 years 11 months ago #56737 by LovePhotography
I would LOVE to post pictures on here to get any & all advice but my pictures are TOO Big and it will not let me -
I am trying to down size them but have not had time to work with Gimp yet. But will - maybe over Memorial day weekend...

12 years 11 months ago #57414 by Stealthy Ninja

LovePhotography wrote: I would LOVE to post pictures on here to get any & all advice but my pictures are TOO Big and it will not let me -
I am trying to down size them but have not had time to work with Gimp yet. But will - maybe over Memorial day weekend...

K, work it out and post pics here. :thumbsup:
12 years 11 months ago #57551 by LovePhotography
I cannot seem to download photo's on here - mine are TOO Big - I am going to try to work with Gimp either over this weekend OR Memorial day weekend...

Sorry - I will keep trying..

12 years 11 months ago #57590 by photobod

Scout 4x4 wrote: Keep in mind, since Porter Case said "we make high end "lens bags", expect those bags to be more then what your friend is willing to pay.

Remember you get what you pay for, my philosophy is pay the most you can afford to pay at the time.

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024

With these easy iPhone photography tips, you can maximize the functionality of your iPhone’s camera and get much-improved results for portraits, landscapes, and any other genre!

Apr 05, 2024