My first street photography candid portrait (comments welcome)

12 years 8 months ago #117358 by eryck
I was out with my camera today hoping to get some portraits of people, if i get a few candid's I'm lucky. I was at this for the first time, any one I can get in my view finder and click, if they want to talk I am available for eye contact after the shot but no one seems to care. This guy was practically posing for me, he moved into the light, I must have 3 pix of him, what do you think of this one?

Attachments:
12 years 8 months ago #117361 by Rob pix4u2
Not bad but i would have a tighter crop with less of the building to the left

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

12 years 8 months ago #117364 by eryck
I already cropped it, hes in front of a bus stop, wondering if i should include the sign this time and go for a vertical?
12 years 8 months ago #117365 by Rob pix4u2
he seems far out in the frame to the right, almost like an afterthought

Rob Huelsman Sr.

12 years 8 months ago #117368 by eryck
I decided to leave out any distractions.

Street photography is quite a challenge and a good way to understand composition,
Attachments:
12 years 8 months ago #117371 by Rob pix4u2
much better-now it's a portrait

Rob Huelsman Sr.

The following user(s) said Thank You: eryck
12 years 8 months ago #117372 by Scotty
I'd sharpen it up a bit.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
12 years 8 months ago #117375 by eryck

added contrast and sharpened ... re crop (:unsure: )
Attachments:
12 years 8 months ago #117377 by Scotty
Do you mind if i post a sharpened version by myself? :P

Photo Comments
12 years 8 months ago #117378 by eryck

Scotty wrote: Do you mind if i post a sharpened version by myself? :P

do you want the original file?
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #117379 by Scotty

eryck wrote:

Scotty wrote: Do you mind if i post a sharpened version by myself? :P

do you want the original file?

Sure, i'll post what I did on here, with the smaller file.

If you don't like it, i'll take it down. Just wanna help ;)

It's subtle.

Photo Comments
Attachments:
12 years 8 months ago #117382 by eryck
it is subtle, hard to tell but I do get a impression that your version is more finalized, something about, seems more "packaged" i dont know how to say exactly but I like where your going with it, what program did you use and also what did you do? I like it.
12 years 8 months ago #117383 by Scotty
Here is a quick job of a technique I use when i want to really make an impression with light. It's a quick job, but you get the drift. I did it to just him.

Make it a little more gritty, makes it a little more 3d.

Photo Comments
Attachments:
12 years 8 months ago #117387 by eryck
yes gritty is a good word, But now thats last one is in my memeroy when I look back the others look really clooudy.

Nice idea people are always interested in images of people with amazing weather torn faces like from the desert or something, you got that going on. cool idea.
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #117390 by Scotty
Yeah, just trying to get the creative juices flowing

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Smartphone photos have come a long way in recent years. With their increase in quality comes the ability to create large prints. Learn why canvas is a great option for your phone photos!

Mar 29, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024