First attempt at 10-Stop ND B&W

12 years 6 months ago #143491 by owinter86
Also i shoot on the D7000 and once you start shooting exposures 5mins or longer, hot pixels start showing up which is so bad by Nikon. I do shoot with NR off so not sure if turning it on will help, but I shot an 8min long exposure and there were massive amounts of red yellow and blue burnt in pixels littered through the image. I love this camera but so disappointed to find this.
12 years 6 months ago #143495 by Stealthy Ninja

owinter86 wrote: Also i shoot on the D7000 and once you start shooting exposures 5mins or longer, hot pixels start showing up which is so bad by Nikon. I do shoot with NR off so not sure if turning it on will help, but I shot an 8min long exposure and there were massive amounts of red yellow and blue burnt in pixels littered through the image. I love this camera but so disappointed to find this.

Wouldn't that be electronic noise introduced by the photosites being opened for so long? I mean 5 mins I'd suspect some electronic noise to come in.

Got an example of this?
12 years 6 months ago #143497 by ClickAPic
The textures and colors are beautiful..you can feel the glow in the sky.
12 years 6 months ago #143499 by owinter86
My images were cleaned up that had the issue but from what i have read over the forums is that Nikon have changed the way it goes about processing long exposures, older sensors in the D90 and D5000 did not have this issue, or the issue was not so noticeable. It seems to be a 'thermal noise' or "electronic noise' issue. But it does seem to be a general fault for the D7000.
12 years 6 months ago #143505 by Stealthy Ninja

owinter86 wrote: My images were cleaned up that had the issue but from what i have read over the forums is that Nikon have changed the way it goes about processing long exposures, older sensors in the D90 and D5000 did not have this issue, or the issue was not so noticeable. It seems to be a 'thermal noise' or "electronic noise' issue. But it does seem to be a general fault for the D7000.

Interesting. Thanks for the info.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024