Please let me know what you think

12 years 5 months ago #158185 by hedgie6
Please let me know what you think of this photo. It is cropped and converted to grayscale. I drive past this old barn almost every day and have always wanted to stop and take photos of it. When I saw it in the fog, I had to stop and try to capture the mood I felt.

Attachments:
12 years 5 months ago #158190 by TheNissanMan
It looks like a very old photo as there is little detail and it is quite noisy (is it a heavy crop)?

Love the look of the building though.

The following user(s) said Thank You: hedgie6
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #158195 by McBeth Photography
I like the barn, and the idea....you've got a really good shot in the making.

Once I find a location like this, I like to just stand there and take it all in. And then there is no harm in shooting the barn at various times in the early morning hours and the late evening hours. Also think about different perspectives, maybe ask the land owner for permission to get a little closer the barn for some detail shots, the sky is the limit!

In this shot the grayscale adds a chilling feel to it, which is great if that's what you're going for....but I would like to see a little color or sepia....but that's just me.

It is what it is.
12 years 5 months ago #158325 by RogerS
Was it taken in the rain? I love the barn and the setting. This location should be on the list for repeat visits.

12 years 5 months ago #158345 by Dori
I like this one. I agree about the aged look to it. :judge:

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 5 months ago #158361 by photobod
yes its a superb scene and well worth stopping in different light situations, this looks a little flat to me.

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 4 months ago #161060 by Gyro_Gearloose
I think you have done a great job in capturing the scene, having a little noise in the image is really not an issue, just think of it as trying to simulate film. also fog will sometimes contribute noise in an image, good composition as well. well done. :thumbsup:

12 years 4 months ago #161109 by Rob pix4u2
I love the concept and the fog. I would make this a repeat visit site as the others have said to see it under different lighting and maybe bring out the details in the barn a bit better. Maybe get the shot with a telephoto to compress the background a bit.

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

12 years 4 months ago #161122 by hedgie6
Thank you to everyone for your comments. I will be watching this setting for future visits, we are expecting snow this week so i will definitly be stopping to see how it looks. I liked the fog because i have noticed power lines and other distractions in the background. I am not skilled enough with editing software to remove things after i take a photo. I have the color version and will post it soon. I will leave a link to it here. The barn is set off the road a little bit and the gate in front of the house does not look like unannounced visitors are welcome.

Again, thanks for the comments and suggestions.

12 years 4 months ago #161231 by Stealthy Ninja
needs more contrast or exposure adjustments. The blacks look gray.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024