my first post in B&W section ,,, love some feedback

12 years 2 months ago #199941 by Dikshant Walia
this is my first B&W post I have taken this shot at cloudy morning

“ You don’t take a photograph, you make it"
check/like my fb page at
www.facebook.com/Dikshant.walia01

Attachments:
12 years 2 months ago #199964 by Scotty
I like it, is it cropped? a little more space above the tree would balance it more.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
12 years 2 months ago #199967 by Stealthy Ninja

Scotty wrote: I like it, is it cropped? a little more space above the tree would balance it more.

Was thinking exactly the same thing.
12 years 2 months ago #199994 by Dikshant Walia
yes in the original image there is a lot of space above the tree and also on the left side of the tree so I have cropped it but it seems i have cropped it more then needed and my hard luck I forgot to save that one ,,,,

check/like my fb page at

12 years 2 months ago #199996 by icepics
I like the starkness of the tree against the misty background. The only thing I notice with the conversions is they seem to be gray scale more than B&W, but apparently it's the software?? - haven't done one myself as I do more film. Wonder if you can get a bit more contrast with this? - hard to tell because of the fog. I think it's a well done composition.

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 2 months ago #200001 by Dikshant Walia

icepics wrote: I like the starkness of the tree against the misty background. The only thing I notice with the conversions is they seem to be gray scale more than B&W, but apparently it's the software?? - haven't done one myself as I do more film. Wonder if you can get a bit more contrast with this? - hard to tell because of the fog. I think it's a well done composition.

thanks Icepics ... i was unable to get out more of the contrast because of the clods and the fog around i appreciate your valuable comment,,

check/like my fb page at

12 years 2 months ago #200015 by Darrell
Really cool effect..... :judge:

You will not be judged as a photographer by the pictures you take, but by the pictures you show.
12 years 2 months ago #200031 by chasrich
This was a good selection to convert. Well done! :judge: :judge: :judge:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 2 months ago #200035 by photobod
NICE :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 2 months ago #200097 by Dikshant Walia
Thanks Darell , Chasrich and photobod :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :toocrazy: :toocrazy: :toocrazy:

check/like my fb page at

12 years 1 month ago #205829 by seanajsimmons
Beautiful scene, very well composed. A little more room on the top like has been said. I would add a little more contrast to the fore ground details and try to bring some highlites out in the tree. Otherwise Print It, Frame It and Hang It! Nice job Dikshant!!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dikshant Walia
12 years 1 month ago #208226 by Arkangel7x3
I agree with the prior comments about over cropping. For a large landscape photo like this I would prob recommend having the target/subject more central not TOTALLY but when there really is nothing major in the other areas of the photo except for a steady pattern (I.E the mountains/hills) having more of a natural frame around the subject adds depth and meaning to the photo

"If it's to good to be true best to shoot it again"
12 years 1 month ago #208297 by Ramdas Aswale
Amazing photo created like painting...nice shot.
11 years 5 months ago #260008 by studiotoffa
If you ask me, this image is a bit flat. To much of the same grey tone. The composision is ok, but as others have mentioned, try to get some more air around the tree.

Please visit me at Studio Toffa Photography www.studio-toffa.com
img\def

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024