Waiting

12 years 1 month ago #206902 by Pais
Very first post, any feedback apreciated!
Thanks in advance!

Attachments:
12 years 1 month ago #206904 by chasrich
:welcomeclan :welcomeclan :welcomeclan I'm glad to see you posting. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

What is it you are showing us? The black and white conversion is OK. I like street photography but usually the subjects are doing something. What were you trying to express here?

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pais
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #206905 by John37
Random shot? I'm not sure what I'm looking at. :unsure:
Oh and welcome

"The most endangered species? The honest man!"
12 years 1 month ago #206942 by Darrell
:welcomeclan What's the subject ??

You will not be judged as a photographer by the pictures you take, but by the pictures you show.
12 years 1 month ago #206946 by Rob pix4u2
:welcomeclan :cheers:

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

12 years 1 month ago #206947 by Darrell
Ok I had another look, and going my the title, " Waiting " The people waiting for the bus. I would crop the area to the left and perhaps adjust the dof so the bus is in focus. :beerbang:

You will not be judged as a photographer by the pictures you take, but by the pictures you show.
12 years 1 month ago #206951 by Darrell
Ok I had another look, and going my the title, " Waiting " The people waiting for the bus. I would crop the area to the left at the point of the 67 in the bus stop sign, and down from the top below the street light, that would make it a different picture, have the bus in focus since it is part of the subject... Great idea, and again welcome

12 years 1 month ago #206972 by Pais
Thanks you all for your posts. As Darrell said, the picture is about "waiting", and they are waiting for the bus... I tried to capture the sadness and the tiredness of their faces/body....
I followed Darrell advice and cropped it..... in deed it's another picture.... I like it better, thanks!
I kept the focus on the guy on the right, since I considered the people as main players
THANK YOU ALL!!!!
Here's the cropped picture

Attachments:
12 years 1 month ago #206973 by Darrell
FANTASTIC GREAT JOB...:judge: :judge:

12 years 1 month ago #206981 by chasrich
I get it now... I took the subject title as a request for us to respond to the post... my bad.

:judge: :judge: :judge:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 1 month ago #207901 by Ford Plus
I can see that everyone is waiting on something, but to be honest that sign hanging on the building is sticking out more then the people waiting.

12 years 1 month ago #207940 by Pais
Thanks for your post! That sign is in fact the bus stop, and people are waiting for one of those buses, when I took the shot, I wanted it to be important, so I'm glad it stuck up :agree: . If it wasn't there, it wouldn't be possible to know what was the people there waiting for :)

12 years 1 month ago #208223 by Arkangel7x3
I like the idea and the conversion was nice but I think the problem lays int he angel in which you took the photo had you positioned yourself at an angel just a lil more either to the right or left side it would be more clear as to what was going on and would have given a better presentation. When dealing with what's supposed to be a key item ( the bus) in the background the sign being that close to you draws attention away from the people and the bus because its in the immediate depth of field. IT was a great try and nice idea just need to work on the technique a lil more.

"If it's to good to be true best to shoot it again"

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024