Chicago Street Photography

5 years 4 months ago #617268 by Dylanwhitephoto
Hello everyone! This is my first post here. Wasn't sure if I should post in the people forum or the black and white forum.. Anyways these are a few images from the streets of Chicago! I love that city and love this medium of photography. I would like to hear your thoughts and critiques.

Also on a side note I'm wondering how I can get these photos seen by galleries. If you have any wisdom in that area my ears are open. :)

Make: LEICA CAMERA AG
Model: LEICA Q (Typ 116)
Lens: 28.0 mm f/1.7
ISO: 100
Aperture: f/5.0
Shutter speed: 1/100 sec
Captured: Thu, 12 Apr 2018 14:16pm
Make: LEICA CAMERA AG
Model: LEICA Q (Typ 116)
Lens: 28.0 mm f/1.7
ISO: 100
Aperture: f/16.0
Shutter speed: 1/125 sec
Captured: Thu, 12 Apr 2018 7:39am

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeBoove
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #617453 by NewavaMike
Love it !! All of em !! I think.... at least I'm hopin, for a bw street photography thread to appear in the galleries soon. C'mon mods...… lets take the lead and provide a new gallery for a super interesting and exciting photo shooting venue ………. Street Photography !! 

….. or at least argue why these shots should be posted in the people forums for now !!  

Photo Comments
5 years 4 months ago #617488 by Eshan Rachit
Nice B&W street shots! 

5 years 4 months ago #617534 by Khelm
Being from St. Louis the first thing I noticed was the Cardinals shirt the gentleman was wearing!  I really like the second shot.  The position of his head in the frame with the background combined with his clothes intrigues me.  Makes me think of a spy movie.  It's my favorite of the set.

5 years 4 months ago #617540 by garyrhook
Yeah, B&W shots go here.

Well done.

Photo Comments
5 years 4 months ago #617578 by GaryA
Wow ... these are are super ... they have great street content, well exposed/processed and nicely exposed.  Let's see more.

There are photographs everywhere. It is the call of photographers to see and capture those images.
www: garyayala.com

5 years 4 months ago #617584 by Troponin
Really cool! I have been reading up on street photography and it’s so fascinating. One photographer did a great video on how important street photography is because it helps document history and culture, but stresses respect and kindness when doing it. 

You did great on these shots. That second literally hits the mark. XD This is very inspiring!

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024