Chopsticks Optional

3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #696806 by Brachenland
Winners Announced for the "Incredible Still Life" challenge. 

My image made "Guru's Top Pick" Winner.

In a few months I'll be giving away a hand full of these experimental yellow filters to black & white photographers for testing purposes. I need photographers willing to test this yellow filter in a variety of light sources and write up a review of the filter based on your testing/experiments. The yellow filter has some sharp edges and I'm working on correcting this.I'm not able to compensate those testing with the filter for me, other than offering the filter in exchange for the test and review of the product. The main requirement is that one must live in USA as I'm not willing to ship over seas at this time. The testing photographer/s must have an 85mm Cokin "P" drop in filter adapter or alternative 85mm adapter. As for those wanting to just hold the filter in front of the lens, this will create some distortion.If you're interested in being a product tester, please verify within this thread that you're interested. There will be a limited first run of filters and they will be randomly sent to subscribers who forward their mailing address. However, because of the limited run, there is one way we can get others involved in this. We could allot a week or two of testing by one photographer/s, then that photographer/s wrap up the filter and send it to another photographer for testing.Again this is a limited first run, and there could be deformities, sharp edges and a limited supply. To those interested and receive the filter, please post your review comments in this same thread afterward. Add as much detail to your review, likes and dislikes etc Please include your images within your review. Also, testers must be established forum members with experience in black & white photography.

Photo Comments
Attachments:
3 years 6 months ago #696851 by Rita Sow
Tones and shadows are perfect! 

3 years 6 months ago #696971 by Stephen Graham
Well done for this render. Nice shots here! 

3 years 5 months ago #697532 by Kyle Johnson
The tones are really nice. Good DR here. 

3 years 5 months ago #697617 by Aaron Rogers
The minimalistic effect here worked perfectly well. 

3 years 5 months ago #697860 by Alyssa Briggs
Well done for this shot. The shadows are really good. 

3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #697881 by Nikon Shooter
Very good terms of tonal range, as unanimously expressed.

I would have avoided the touching lines and the same length 
of the sticks, and I would have closed the space between the
bottle and the saucer.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
Attachments:
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #698484 by Brachenland
If I had asked for a critique (Nikonshooter) I would have said so within the title. NONE of my images are up for critiques.. If you feel the urge to offer a critique, then avoid my images in the future. You have nothing of interest to offer me.

Photo Comments
3 years 5 months ago #698489 by Nikon Shooter
Next time you post, state clearly that no comments — either
positive or negative — is wanted, don't presume of anything.

AFAIAC, I will oblige.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
3 years 5 months ago #698491 by Brachenland
Drop dead NikonShooter, and stop hogging the forum for your portfolios images.. If you had half a brain and read my comments in the first post, you would have seen I'm searching for photographers willing to test either my experimental Yellow filter or my experimental Polarization filter and not comment on my composition. If you feel my composition is off do one yourself.. Stop letting your badges goto your head.. 

Photo Comments
3 years 5 months ago #698492 by Piechura
Wow, posts a picture in a section of the forum entitled "Photo Galleries - For General Display or Critique" and then is surprised when people critique it.

Also what happened to this?

BrokenCanon wrote: I appreciate what many of you are trying to do.. but it wont work. I've had my fill of those who continue to post BS towards my images as well as my comments here. I seem to be gaining more respect for my images while on gurushots instead this site and sites like fstoppers. So until photogrpahytalk actually allows members to ignore & block those who I don't want to see of hear, I'll prob never return here. I get enough negative comments from other sites, I don't need it from here either.

If you want people to test your filters, maybe mention that in your thread title, but with the attitude you've shown here, I'm not sure you'll get many people jumping at the chance to work with you.

3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #698493 by Brachenland
Go away noob, I've already found legitimate photographers willing to test my prototype filters. As you've said "General Display or Critiques" I've elected to use the forum for general display and I've mentioned this upon joining the forum.. or should I say it again.

NONE of my images need to be critiqued. I'm an artist first, photographer second. My work is what it is and can't be changed. If you feel that my work is in error, then avoid my topics in the future.

Photo Comments
3 years 5 months ago #698496 by Piechura

BrokenCanon wrote:

Go away noob, I've already found legitimate photographers willing to test my prototype filters. As you've said "General Display or Critiques" I've elected to use the forum for general display and I've mentioned this upon joining the forum.. or should I say it again.

Of course you're absolutely right. How silly of Nikon Shooter for not trawling through the posting history of everyone he offers feedback to, just in case when they first joined the specified that their feelings were too delicate to accept any slightly critical feedback. I notice you don't seem to have any problem with anyone telling you how good your photo is, so it seems that your "NONE of my images need to be critiqued" only applies if the critique isn't universally positive.

3 years 5 months ago #698497 by Baydream
Broken Canon. If you are going to be rude, just stop posting your photo under a critique category. This is One moderator who will not tolerate this. 

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #698498 by Brachenland
Then please direct me to where I can post my images without getting any sh!tfaced or unwanted comments. Furthermore, IF I wanted a critique, I would have asked for one, research my comments from months back when we had this same arguments and I requested that others do not critique my images as they can't be changed or avoid my topics in the future. Also, if you take noticed the following post below my first post had been nice without issues, yet Nikonshoot "feeling cocky" had to go and ruin the thread by adding unwanted comments. As I said back when I first join, if you have an issue with my topics, look at those who are responding to them and abusing their badges thinking they area all high and mighty and can get away with this sh!t. For once view where I'm coming from instead of siding with those harassing me and my images. At one point or another, nearly everyone has harassed me for some reason or another, I must not be allowed to showcase my work without someone posting some sort of objectionable comments or suggestions. I don't want to hear it, either you like the image or your don't So ban me if that's your objective.

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024