One from the new Studio

9 years 7 months ago #44517 by arkady001
Shot on D3x with DC-Nikkor 135mm f/2 @ f/8.
1.8m Octabox key with umbella hair light. Both Bowens 500c monoblocs.
RAW file conversion in ACR, tweaked levels, converted to duotone, selective sharpening on eyes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 7 months ago #44522 by Rob pix4u2
Great shot very good in duptone

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

9 years 7 months ago #44540 by chasrich
Very nice portrait. Thanks for sharing the post production hints.

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent

9 years 7 months ago #44546 by arkady001

chasrich wrote: Very nice portrait. Thanks for sharing the post production hints.

I really hate it when people don't - if it's something blisteringly obvious then fair enough - most phots could probably work it out, but there appears to be a fair number of beginners here who won't have a clue.

I think it's churlish not to share.

9 years 7 months ago #44695 by photobod
Nice work Arkady, I never thought o putting post work methods on here but I guess it would help newcomers, good Idea, post a thread on it to let more people know :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

9 years 6 months ago #50796 by Moe
:judge: I like the tones

Photo Comments

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #51188 by Joves
That is a really good conversion. It has all of the subleties in B&W I like. Is she red or brown haired BTW?

9 years 6 months ago #52100 by Stealthy Ninja
Terrible!

Those eyes are too sharp. :p :p

9 years 6 months ago #53022 by canon4me
very nice!!!

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The GoPro Hero 8 Black has since been replaced with the Hero 9 Black, but it's still a feature-rich action camera with plenty of mods to make it a great camera for you.

Nov 16, 2020

The Sony a9 II is a feature-rich full frame camera with superb image quality and video performance. In this review, learn all about its specs and capabilities.

Nov 12, 2020

In this Panasonic Lumix DC-G100 review, we'll look at the specs, features, build quality, price and more of this affordable camera for vloggers.

Nov 11, 2020

Is the Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV the right camera for you? Or should you opt for the cheaper Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark III? Find out in this review!

Nov 09, 2020

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

If you need some stocking stuffer ideas for your photography friends (or non-photography friends, for that matter...) check out this list of awesome Holdfast products.

Nov 23, 2020

With these holiday promo ideas for photographers, you'll get some solid ideas for boosting business as 2020 comes to a close.

Nov 23, 2020

Learning how to use a slider should begin with some basic slider techniques. Get some tips, tricks, and insights on simple slider shots in this quick tutorial.

Nov 23, 2020

Acrylic prints can be a beautiful addition to your home. But if you've never bought one, you probably have acrylic print questions. Get the answers you need in this buyer's guide.

Nov 20, 2020

To stabilize a camera doesn't always mean having a tripod. Instead, there are many tripod alternatives and makeshift tripods you can use to stabilize your camera.

Nov 20, 2020

What is focal length? How does it differ from effective focal length? In this tutorial, we'll shed light on the differences between the two.

Nov 17, 2020

These underused Photoshop tools can help you unlock your creativity and create more impactful images.

Nov 17, 2020

Search no more for the best laptops for photographers under $1000. This list includes five of the top picks based on specs, features, and price.

Nov 16, 2020