Canon in bed with Adobe now?

7 years 7 months ago #495153 by Tony Bisson
Shopping around for a new Canon and noticed this on B&H:

"Canon EOS 5D Mark III DSLR Camera with 24-105mm Lens and Adobe Creative Cloud Photography Plan Kit"

www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1261475-R...eos_5d_mark_iii.html

Photo Comments
7 years 7 months ago #495158 by Screamin Scott
I don't think so. Looks like a marketing ploy from B&H....

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
7 years 7 months ago #495406 by PhotoViking
I don't care: No Adobe running on my computer - in fact I only use Freeware, starting with my OS......

Festina lente!
Photo Comments
7 years 7 months ago #496011 by effron
Its one year of Adobe CC, which amounts to $120.00. Its a good plan for the best photo software there is, LR, PS, Behance and storage....

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
7 years 7 months ago #496088 by Screamin Scott
While the normal price is $9.99 a month, you can get the 1st year for a flat $99. That's what I did.

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
7 years 6 months ago #501740 by Scotty
They package stuff like this all the time.  Nothing new.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
7 years 6 months ago #501797 by effron
Yeah, Dell is also in bed with Adobe...I had to "de-select" the software in my new computer....

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
7 years 5 months ago #503044 by Stic
Not going to appeal to someone like me though, who buys what I need once and once only...I don't want to rent anything, I want to own it! 

This whole rental so you are kept up with the latest software is also a scam, and again, no good for me.

I still run XP and use creative suite CS3 because I brought them and nothing since has been an improvement worth paying for...

Photo Comments
7 years 5 months ago #503208 by srubio77
Agree, this seems to be a union forced by B&H rather than any sort of legit Adobe/Canon partnership. Not a horrible deal, actually.

Photo Comments
7 years 5 months ago #503413 by effron

srubio77 wrote: Agree, this seems to be a union forced by B&H rather than any sort of legit Adobe/Canon partnership. Not a horrible deal, actually.

Its not forced, and there are Nikon/Adobe, Sony/Adobe, etc offers as well. I also "buy" a monthly Adobe subscription and its the best money I spend. The latest PS, LR, storage and sharing for ten bucks a month? I had a computer issue a few weeks ago and had to return to CS5 for a while. I found out fast what I was missing.....

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
7 years 5 months ago #503501 by PhotoViking
My luck I don't have to worry...

Using a Linux OS (which is FREE!) and only FREEWARE!
Not a single Adobe program running here......

Festina lente!
Photo Comments
7 years 5 months ago #503783 by effron

PhotoViking wrote: My luck I don't have to worry...

Using a Linux OS (which is FREE!) and only FREEWARE!
Not a single Adobe program running here......

Its your loss, Adobe is simply the Cadillac of editing programs....;)

Why so serious?
Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Latest Articles

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024