Canon T8i vs 90D - and which lens!?

4 months 1 week ago #721527 by Arseling
I am looking to upgrade from my old Canon Rebel T3i and I am torn on which camera to go with.  
In general- Video quality is not important to me and if I ever print anything- 16x20 would be the largest.  
I am trying to choose between the T8i and 90D - or if you think the x7i would be adequate- I am all ears for the price.  
I don't mind spending more on a lens vs using the stock lens it comes with. My current go to lens is the Canon 17-85 F/4-5.6 I love it and when the first one broke- I replaced it with the exact same thing.  However- the 2nd one has broke as well.  I would love a recommendation for a similar lens to this one.  I used it for snap shots, action shots, some landscape (I do have a zoom lens for better landscape) and close ups of foliage etc.  
Any advice would be so helpful.  I am in way over my head right now.  

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 months 3 weeks ago #722573 by Roy Wilson
I would go with the 90D, but have you considered buying used?  You can get pretty good deals through MPB or KEH.  And you get a warranty with these companies.   

Canon 5D Mark II, 30D, 40D, 50 1.2L, 16-35 2.8L Mark II, 24-105 4L IS, 24-70 2.8L, 70-200 2.8L IS, 85 1.8, 4 x 580 EX(II)
Photo Comments

3 months 6 days ago #723448 by dhrep
I bought a 90D a about 16 months ago. I'm happy with it. I tried looking for used, at the time there were none to be had.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Nikon D3X is a 13-year-old high-end camera. The question is, does it still have what it takes to be a pro-level camera in 2021? The answer might surprise you.

Nov 19, 2021

The Canon EOS Rebel SL1 was the smallest DSLR on the market when it came out in 2013. Is it still a decent option for photographers in 2021? Let's find out!

Nov 04, 2021

The Nikon D4 is nearly a decade old, but despite its age, it still offers a lot of features and benefits for professional and amateur photographers alike.

Nov 03, 2021

The sony a7s might be seven years old, but the camera's specs, features, design, and price make it a worthy option for shooting photos (and video!) in 2021.

Oct 22, 2021

Latest Articles

In this comprehensive WhiteWall metal print review, we'll take a look at the quality of the print and give you information about WhiteWall that will help you decide if it's the right printing company for your needs.

Nov 30, 2021

If you're in the market for buying a used lens, there's a few things you should know before making the purchase. Let this used lens buyer's guide help!

Nov 30, 2021

Learn six easy strategies for taking minimalist photos with your phone in this beginner photography tutorial.

Nov 29, 2021

If you're looking for some smokin' Black Friday photography deals, we've got a great list of gear that you can get for HUGE savings!

Nov 24, 2021

With a budget of $1,000, there are plenty of gifts for photographers that you can purchase. Any one of the items on this list is an ideal choice!

Nov 24, 2021

Use these simple tips to learn how to photograph real estate during the holidays without stressing yourself (or your clients) out.

Nov 24, 2021

How large should I print my photo? This is a very common question, and one with an answer that is a little more complex than you might think.

Nov 24, 2021

If you're looking for the perfect stocking stuffer for photographers, look no further than the HoldFast Indestructible Journal.

Nov 24, 2021