Looking to downsize

2 months 4 weeks ago #735556 by Screamin Scott
I have emailed KEH to see about selling them some gear but they only give pennies on the dollar, as does MPB. Then I was thinking of maybe donating the older MF lenses to the local high school, but they don't have any photography courses. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I don't want to do eBay or Craig's list. I did put some of it on the local Facebook Marketplace but the few people who asked, never got back to me after I responded... Most of it is older manual focus Nikon mount gear although there are some autofocus lenses in there...

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 4 weeks ago #735558 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day Scott

Keep hunting for a local senior school or community college - there will be ones around doing "Photographic Arts" as part of the curricula.

You are following my footsteps from 2004 when I donated 2 K-mount bodies plus a bevy of lenses from 20mm to 1000mm plus filters + light meter + flash units + etc to my local Community College once I had decided to dump SLR stuff and go digital Superzoom / bridge cameras and I have never looked back nor regretted the decision to downsize

Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

2 months 3 weeks ago #735813 by r1ch
You are seeing what the camera companies are seeing. Much lower interest in camera and lens sales. Average person has a phone and does not need the fuss of manual focus. You can take macro, astro on your phone. They don't need flash, they have ring lights and constant led lights. New phones have 100mp sensors, people think they are better than dslrs or mirrorless cameras. There are no need for photography classes, everyone child knows how to use a phone. Even vintage lenses. They are only desirable by people who know photography and even then, they have to have something special about them, super nice bokeh, swirly bokeh or some other desirable lens defect. Now days with cheap good image quality Chinese lenses, all my stuff will be worthless by the time I die, some of it is worthless now. I can't give it away.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Nikon Z FC specs are quite impressive, and when paired with the retro-style body, you get a fun and capable camera for enthusiast shooters.

May 31, 2022

In this Nikon Z5 review, we'll discuss the specs, features, pros, and cons of this enthusiast-level camera. We'll also offer tips on where to buy one on the cheap!

May 10, 2022

The Leica Q (Typ 116) is a fantastic camera for intermediate and advanced shooters. Is it the best choice for you, though? Find out in this detailed review!

Apr 28, 2022

Looking for Best Budget Camera of 2022? Here’s my pick- Sony ZV-1. This best budget camera is loaded with features that give it lots of bang for your buck.

Feb 18, 2022

Latest Articles

Not every photo book is made alike. Some are superior to others because of the options you get. Learn what to look for in this guide.

Jun 28, 2022

What is the best camera in 2022? That's a loaded question whose answer depends on many factors. In this guide, we'll explore some great options!

Jun 22, 2022

GoPro accessories come in all shapes, sizes and price points. But which ones are the best? We offer our favorite picks in this 2022 guide.

Jun 22, 2022

Not sure how to grow your photography business? Check this beginner business guide to learn a few inside tricks to hit the ground running.

Jun 22, 2022

If you're in the market for some Sony FE lenses for your kit, use this guide to learn more about three excellent prime and zoom lens options.

Jun 22, 2022

If you want to take the best close-up images, you'll need some macro photography lenses to get the clearest, sharpest photos.

Jun 21, 2022

What is a metal print? The easy answer is that it's an image printed on metal. But the best metal prints are a product of a more intricate process.

Jun 21, 2022

After using Linksys routers for many years, I switched to a Synology Router - the RT6600ax. Here are my first impressions!

Jun 15, 2022