$400 to $500 to spend on new photo printer, suggestions please.

13 years 3 months ago #12919 by Jeffster
I tried the money saving route last time and the printer died a year later. I would like to spend a little more and hope that I get something that is going to last. I would like to spend no more than $500 on a new photo printer.

Which do you have or recommend?

Thank you

Jeff

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #12920 by Karl Wertanen

Jeffster wrote: I tried the money saving route last time and the printer died a year later. I would like to spend a little more and hope that I get something that is going to last. I would like to spend no more than $500 on a new photo printer.

Thank you

Jeff

Jeff!! This is a kick Ass printer. www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products...ixma_pro9000_mark_ii

I just bought one and it prints very nice (and up to 13x19" prints). It's a $500 printer and i got it here for $250.
www.gosale.com/4981244/canon-pixma-pro90...eqqaYCFcjsKgodLjfdog

Scotty has one as well
13 years 3 months ago #12931 by Alex

Karl Wertanen wrote:

Jeffster wrote: I tried the money saving route last time and the printer died a year later. I would like to spend a little more and hope that I get something that is going to last. I would like to spend no more than $500 on a new photo printer.

Thank you

Jeff

Jeff!! This is a kick Ass printer. www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products...ixma_pro9000_mark_ii

I just bought one and it prints very nice (and up to 13x19" prints). It's a $500 printer and i got it here for $250.

Scotty has one as well

I'll take this tip! My printer is a turd! Thanks Karl!

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #12939 by Karl Wertanen

Alex wrote:

Karl Wertanen wrote:

Thank you

Jeff

Scotty has one as well

No problem. Bang for your bock let me tell ya!

The Pixma Pro 9000 Mark II is supposed to be better for color printing and uses dye based inks and the Pixma Pro 9500 Mark II uses pigment based inks which has better blacks/greys for black and white printing. It has 2 extra blacks compared to the 9000. (also, from what i understand if you do not print regularly w/pigment based ink printers, the print head has a tendency to clog up). Theres also a considerable price increase for the 9500 Mark II. I believe they are going for around $700.

Heres a decent compare and contrast of the 2.
www.cameratown.com/news/news.cfm/hurl/id%7C7310
13 years 3 months ago #12955 by Scotty

Karl Wertanen wrote:

Alex wrote:

Karl Wertanen wrote:

Thank you

Jeff

Scotty has one as well

The Pixma Pro 9000 Mark II is supposed to be better for color printing and uses dye based inks and the Pixma Pro 9500 Mark II uses pigment based inks which has better blacks/greys for black and white printing. It has 2 extra blacks compared to the 9000. (also, from what i understand if you do not print regularly w/pigment based ink printers, the print head has a tendency to clog up). Theres also a considerable price increase for the 9500 Mark II. I believe they are going for around $700.

My prints have been outstanding with the 9000.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #13053 by Alex

Karl Wertanen wrote:

Alex wrote:

Karl Wertanen wrote:

Thank you

Jeff

Scotty has one as well

Mine is ordered $253 with shipping included in the price. I needed a better printer so bad! I have this Kodak ESP 7 that I paid nearly $200 about 1.5 years ago. This thing has been a head ache since day one. It is so loud! No joke it sounds like the old school printers from the 80's! ha ha ha

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #13062 by Rob pix4u2
I use EPSON printers and have been very pleased with my results. Currently I have a STYLUS PHOTO 1400 and STYLUS PHOTO 1280 and both print up to 13 x 19 prints. The 1400 is so quiet that I use it at night when my wife is asleep across the hall with the doorways open- no problem. The 1400 cost $249 at microcenter.

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

13 years 3 months ago #13085 by photobod
Love Epson printers mines a workhorse the px700w it only does up to A4 but anything bigger I put out to my print partner and there quality is amazing, Loxley colour they are in Scotland and provide an amazing service.

[/color][/b]

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

Attachments:
13 years 3 months ago #14933 by Alex

Karl Wertanen wrote:

Thank you

Jeff

Scotty has one as well

Karl thanks for the tip! Mine just got here yesterday. Only thing I need to get is some photo paper and 9' High Speed USB wire!

Photo Comments
Attachments:
13 years 3 months ago #14950 by Scotty

Alex wrote:

Karl Wertanen wrote:

Thank you

Jeff

Scotty has one as well

Karl thanks for the tip! Mine just got here yesterday. Only thing I need to get is some photo paper and 9' High Speed USB wire!

It has amazing prints.

I usually print out of Lightroom (Lightroom has more/better colors than photoshop...don't ask......), and print on Perceptual for colors. Seems the most accurate. Cheers.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #14960 by crystal
I have (which is a couple years old) a Epson Photostylus 1280. It's a wide format printer. I love it. I think I spent around $500. When this printer dies, I would buy it's upgrade.
13 years 3 months ago #14963 by crystal

Rob pix4u2 wrote: I use EPSON printers and have been very pleased with my results. Currently I have a STYLUS PHOTO 1400 and STYLUS PHOTO 1280 and both print up to 13 x 19 prints. The 1400 is so quiet that I use it at night when my wife is asleep across the hall with the doorways open- no problem. The 1400 cost $249 at microcenter.

HAHA after I replied I saw that you have the same printer that I have. I guess it is a good printer. lol
13 years 3 months ago #16710 by Alex

Scotty wrote:

Alex wrote:

Karl Wertanen wrote:

Thank you

Jeff

Scotty has one as well

It has amazing prints.

I usually print out of Lightroom (Lightroom has more/better colors than photoshop...don't ask......), and print on Perceptual for colors. Seems the most accurate. Cheers.

I haven't used it yet! Can't wait, how often are you going though ink?

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #16823 by Rob pix4u2

cwightmanphotos wrote: I have (which is a couple years old) a Epson Photostylus 1280. It's a wide format printer. I love it. I think I spent around $500. When this printer dies, I would buy it's upgrade.

You will love the 1400 as it has 6 ink cartridges and prints large format 13 x 19 prints.

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024

With these easy iPhone photography tips, you can maximize the functionality of your iPhone’s camera and get much-improved results for portraits, landscapes, and any other genre!

Apr 05, 2024