12.9-inch iPad Coming

10 years 3 months ago #315847 by Ian Stone
Not sure if you guys heard about this yet. But before I close this page down, I thought I would share:

"An unnamed official at a local Apple supplier in Korea told The Korea Times by telephone that Apple's local first-tier display supplier is currently producing a 12.9-inch Retina display for a new "maxi" iPad slated to launch early next year, possibly in March. This panel is being manufactured by the supplier's plant in Korea, the source added.

Rumors of a larger iPad have been floating around for a while, and the device is supposedly part of Apple's goal of breaking from the pattern it created with the iPad and iPhone. Even the Wall Street Journal chimed in on the rumor bandwagon back in July, reporting that Apple was testing larger screens for iPhone and iPad devices, including a 13-inch prototype iPad, to reel in customers who are preferring the larger sizes.

"The 12.9-inch iPad will have improved picture quality. As the Apple partner intends to boost its lineup for displays that have almost ultra high-definition (UHD) quality, the upcoming iPad will provide very clear quality similar to that of UHD," said the official.

Earlier this month, Chinese-based Pad News claimed that longtime Apple manufacturing partner Foxconn is currently testing a new, large-format iPad, supporting either a screen measuring 11.4 inches diagonally or a 12.9-inch screen. The site said the tablet is in an advanced stage of testing, and Apple plans to reveal the device in March."

www.tomshardware.com/news/apple-ipad-tab...nn-quanta,25138.html

Photo Comments
10 years 3 months ago #315859 by garyrhook
Huh. For some reason I still don't care.

Photo Comments
10 years 3 months ago #315861 by Scotty

Ian Stone wrote: Not sure if you guys heard about this yet. But before I close this page down, I thought I would share:

"An unnamed official at a local Apple supplier in Korea told The Korea Times by telephone that Apple's local first-tier display supplier is currently producing a 12.9-inch Retina display for a new "maxi" iPad slated to launch early next year, possibly in March. This panel is being manufactured by the supplier's plant in Korea, the source added.

Rumors of a larger iPad have been floating around for a while, and the device is supposedly part of Apple's goal of breaking from the pattern it created with the iPad and iPhone. Even the Wall Street Journal chimed in on the rumor bandwagon back in July, reporting that Apple was testing larger screens for iPhone and iPad devices, including a 13-inch prototype iPad, to reel in customers who are preferring the larger sizes.

"The 12.9-inch iPad will have improved picture quality. As the Apple partner intends to boost its lineup for displays that have almost ultra high-definition (UHD) quality, the upcoming iPad will provide very clear quality similar to that of UHD," said the official.

Earlier this month, Chinese-based Pad News claimed that longtime Apple manufacturing partner Foxconn is currently testing a new, large-format iPad, supporting either a screen measuring 11.4 inches diagonally or a 12.9-inch screen. The site said the tablet is in an advanced stage of testing, and Apple plans to reveal the device in March."

www.tomshardware.com/news/apple-ipad-tab...nn-quanta,25138.html

They've been talking about this rumor for about a year now.

www.macrumors.com is a really good place to keep up with whats going on with apple. Most leaks start there.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
10 years 3 months ago #315865 by Roman Omell
Well if they come out with it, I hope it has more features than the current release. Personally I was disappointed with the lack of innovation on the last iPad.

Photo Comments
10 years 3 months ago #315877 by mj~shutterbugg
Total girl thing (and way OT) but all I saw was maxi pad. And no I am not referring to a large iPad.

Think Off-Center ~ George Carlin
www.mjbrennanphoto.com

10 years 3 months ago #316113 by Jim Photo
Not holding my breath, we'll see in 2014 :toetap:

Photo Comments
10 years 3 months ago #316499 by Ira Weber
That seems rather big for a tablet. I have the normal iPad and that seems big enough IMO

Photo Comments
10 years 3 months ago #316739 by Stealthy Ninja
What apple should do is bring out an iphone with a decent sized screen. Since using a Note 3 for a while, when I hold my old iPhone it feels like a kids toy.
10 years 3 months ago #316765 by Jim Photo

Stealthy Ninja wrote: What apple should do is bring out an iphone with a decent sized screen. Since using a Note 3 for a while, when I hold my old iPhone it feels like a kids toy.

:agree: boy this would be great. Apple disappointed when the released the 5 and the screen was only marginally bigger.

Photo Comments
10 years 3 months ago #316951 by Stealthy Ninja

Jim Photo wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote: What apple should do is bring out an iphone with a decent sized screen. Since using a Note 3 for a while, when I hold my old iPhone it feels like a kids toy.

:agree: boy this would be great. Apple disappointed when the released the 5 and the screen was only marginally bigger.

This is why I have a Note 3 instead of a 5s. I love the Note 3 BTW. Much better than the iphone.
10 years 3 months ago #316969 by mj~shutterbugg

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Jim Photo wrote:

This is why I have a Note 3 instead of a 5s. I love the Note 3 BTW. Much better than the iphone.

I have a Note 2 and am quite pleased as well. Other phones feel dinky after using the Note.

Think Off-Center ~ George Carlin
www.mjbrennanphoto.com

10 years 3 months ago #317391 by Vahrenkamp
Holding breath :whistle:

Photo Comments
10 years 3 months ago #320739 by Sean Lewitts
So basically it's a laptop now?

10 years 3 months ago #323739 by Oscar Cohen
This would be smart move for Apple, but all depends on if the actual released iPad holds up to all the internet hype.

Photo Comments
10 years 3 months ago #324023 by Stealthy Ninja

mj~shutterbugg wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Jim Photo wrote:

I have a Note 2 and am quite pleased as well. Other phones feel dinky after using the Note.

Amen sister.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024