12.9-inch iPad Coming

7 years 1 month ago #315847 by Ian Stone
Not sure if you guys heard about this yet. But before I close this page down, I thought I would share:

"An unnamed official at a local Apple supplier in Korea told The Korea Times by telephone that Apple's local first-tier display supplier is currently producing a 12.9-inch Retina display for a new "maxi" iPad slated to launch early next year, possibly in March. This panel is being manufactured by the supplier's plant in Korea, the source added.

Rumors of a larger iPad have been floating around for a while, and the device is supposedly part of Apple's goal of breaking from the pattern it created with the iPad and iPhone. Even the Wall Street Journal chimed in on the rumor bandwagon back in July, reporting that Apple was testing larger screens for iPhone and iPad devices, including a 13-inch prototype iPad, to reel in customers who are preferring the larger sizes.

"The 12.9-inch iPad will have improved picture quality. As the Apple partner intends to boost its lineup for displays that have almost ultra high-definition (UHD) quality, the upcoming iPad will provide very clear quality similar to that of UHD," said the official.

Earlier this month, Chinese-based Pad News claimed that longtime Apple manufacturing partner Foxconn is currently testing a new, large-format iPad, supporting either a screen measuring 11.4 inches diagonally or a 12.9-inch screen. The site said the tablet is in an advanced stage of testing, and Apple plans to reveal the device in March."

www.tomshardware.com/news/apple-ipad-tab...nn-quanta,25138.html

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 1 month ago #315859 by garyrhook
Huh. For some reason I still don't care.

Photo Comments

7 years 1 month ago #315861 by Scotty

Ian Stone wrote: Not sure if you guys heard about this yet. But before I close this page down, I thought I would share:

"An unnamed official at a local Apple supplier in Korea told The Korea Times by telephone that Apple's local first-tier display supplier is currently producing a 12.9-inch Retina display for a new "maxi" iPad slated to launch early next year, possibly in March. This panel is being manufactured by the supplier's plant in Korea, the source added.

Rumors of a larger iPad have been floating around for a while, and the device is supposedly part of Apple's goal of breaking from the pattern it created with the iPad and iPhone. Even the Wall Street Journal chimed in on the rumor bandwagon back in July, reporting that Apple was testing larger screens for iPhone and iPad devices, including a 13-inch prototype iPad, to reel in customers who are preferring the larger sizes.

"The 12.9-inch iPad will have improved picture quality. As the Apple partner intends to boost its lineup for displays that have almost ultra high-definition (UHD) quality, the upcoming iPad will provide very clear quality similar to that of UHD," said the official.

Earlier this month, Chinese-based Pad News claimed that longtime Apple manufacturing partner Foxconn is currently testing a new, large-format iPad, supporting either a screen measuring 11.4 inches diagonally or a 12.9-inch screen. The site said the tablet is in an advanced stage of testing, and Apple plans to reveal the device in March."

www.tomshardware.com/news/apple-ipad-tab...nn-quanta,25138.html

They've been talking about this rumor for about a year now.

www.macrumors.com is a really good place to keep up with whats going on with apple. Most leaks start there.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments

7 years 1 month ago #315865 by Roman Omell
Well if they come out with it, I hope it has more features than the current release. Personally I was disappointed with the lack of innovation on the last iPad.

Photo Comments

7 years 1 month ago #315877 by mj~shutterbugg
Total girl thing (and way OT) but all I saw was maxi pad. And no I am not referring to a large iPad.

Think Off-Center ~ George Carlin
www.mjbrennanphoto.com

7 years 1 month ago #316113 by Jim Photo
Not holding my breath, we'll see in 2014 :toetap:

Photo Comments

7 years 1 month ago #316499 by Ira Weber
That seems rather big for a tablet. I have the normal iPad and that seems big enough IMO

Photo Comments

7 years 1 month ago #316739 by Stealthy Ninja
What apple should do is bring out an iphone with a decent sized screen. Since using a Note 3 for a while, when I hold my old iPhone it feels like a kids toy.

7 years 1 month ago #316765 by Jim Photo

Stealthy Ninja wrote: What apple should do is bring out an iphone with a decent sized screen. Since using a Note 3 for a while, when I hold my old iPhone it feels like a kids toy.

:agree: boy this would be great. Apple disappointed when the released the 5 and the screen was only marginally bigger.

Photo Comments

7 years 1 month ago #316951 by Stealthy Ninja

Jim Photo wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote: What apple should do is bring out an iphone with a decent sized screen. Since using a Note 3 for a while, when I hold my old iPhone it feels like a kids toy.

:agree: boy this would be great. Apple disappointed when the released the 5 and the screen was only marginally bigger.

This is why I have a Note 3 instead of a 5s. I love the Note 3 BTW. Much better than the iphone.

7 years 1 month ago #316969 by mj~shutterbugg

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Jim Photo wrote:

This is why I have a Note 3 instead of a 5s. I love the Note 3 BTW. Much better than the iphone.

I have a Note 2 and am quite pleased as well. Other phones feel dinky after using the Note.

Think Off-Center ~ George Carlin
www.mjbrennanphoto.com

7 years 1 month ago #317391 by Vahrenkamp
Holding breath :whistle:

Photo Comments

7 years 1 month ago #320739 by Sean Lewitts
So basically it's a laptop now?

7 years 1 month ago #323739 by Oscar Cohen
This would be smart move for Apple, but all depends on if the actual released iPad holds up to all the internet hype.

Photo Comments

7 years 1 month ago #324023 by Stealthy Ninja

mj~shutterbugg wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Jim Photo wrote:

I have a Note 2 and am quite pleased as well. Other phones feel dinky after using the Note.

Amen sister.

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

In this FujiFilm X-A7 review, learn why this camera is an excellent entry-level option for beginner photographers.

Jan 18, 2021

The Sony a6100 has been out for over a year now. In this long-term Sony a6100 review, learn all about its features, specs, price, and more.

Jan 13, 2021

The Panasonic G85 might be a few years old, but it still has the specs and features to make it a highly useful camera. Get all the details in this Panasonic G85 review.

Jan 12, 2021

The Olympus OM-D E-M1 I is pushing eight years old, but for budget-minded photographers, it represents excellent value in 2021.

Jan 08, 2021

Latest Articles

With these basic photography tips, you'll learn about four exciting ways to print your photos that will help you bring your images to life.

Jan 22, 2021

There are plenty of reasons why you should use a teleprompter, not the least of which is to have better eye contact with the camera.

Jan 21, 2021

Learn how to get more leads by optimizing your website and making it as user-friendly as possible. More leads equals more business, so this is an easy way to boost your bottom line.

Jan 19, 2021

Use these simple mobile photography tips to get better results whether you have an iPhone or an Android device.

Jan 19, 2021

Text messaging for business can help you in many ways, from keeping in touch with clients to sending invoices to get paid. Learn other benefits in this photography business guide.

Jan 18, 2021

In this FujiFilm X-A7 review, learn why this camera is an excellent entry-level option for beginner photographers.

Jan 18, 2021

Not everyone is comfortable in front of the camera, but with these portrait photography tips, you'll learn surefire ways to help models relax and have fun.

Jan 18, 2021

It's easy to be inspired in photography, but sometimes you need some photography exercises to regain that creativity. Learn a few creative photography ideas in this guide.

Jan 18, 2021