12.9-inch iPad Coming

7 years 3 months ago #315847 by Ian Stone
Not sure if you guys heard about this yet. But before I close this page down, I thought I would share:

"An unnamed official at a local Apple supplier in Korea told The Korea Times by telephone that Apple's local first-tier display supplier is currently producing a 12.9-inch Retina display for a new "maxi" iPad slated to launch early next year, possibly in March. This panel is being manufactured by the supplier's plant in Korea, the source added.

Rumors of a larger iPad have been floating around for a while, and the device is supposedly part of Apple's goal of breaking from the pattern it created with the iPad and iPhone. Even the Wall Street Journal chimed in on the rumor bandwagon back in July, reporting that Apple was testing larger screens for iPhone and iPad devices, including a 13-inch prototype iPad, to reel in customers who are preferring the larger sizes.

"The 12.9-inch iPad will have improved picture quality. As the Apple partner intends to boost its lineup for displays that have almost ultra high-definition (UHD) quality, the upcoming iPad will provide very clear quality similar to that of UHD," said the official.

Earlier this month, Chinese-based Pad News claimed that longtime Apple manufacturing partner Foxconn is currently testing a new, large-format iPad, supporting either a screen measuring 11.4 inches diagonally or a 12.9-inch screen. The site said the tablet is in an advanced stage of testing, and Apple plans to reveal the device in March."

www.tomshardware.com/news/apple-ipad-tab...nn-quanta,25138.html

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago #315859 by garyrhook
Huh. For some reason I still don't care.

Photo Comments

7 years 3 months ago #315861 by Scotty

Ian Stone wrote: Not sure if you guys heard about this yet. But before I close this page down, I thought I would share:

"An unnamed official at a local Apple supplier in Korea told The Korea Times by telephone that Apple's local first-tier display supplier is currently producing a 12.9-inch Retina display for a new "maxi" iPad slated to launch early next year, possibly in March. This panel is being manufactured by the supplier's plant in Korea, the source added.

Rumors of a larger iPad have been floating around for a while, and the device is supposedly part of Apple's goal of breaking from the pattern it created with the iPad and iPhone. Even the Wall Street Journal chimed in on the rumor bandwagon back in July, reporting that Apple was testing larger screens for iPhone and iPad devices, including a 13-inch prototype iPad, to reel in customers who are preferring the larger sizes.

"The 12.9-inch iPad will have improved picture quality. As the Apple partner intends to boost its lineup for displays that have almost ultra high-definition (UHD) quality, the upcoming iPad will provide very clear quality similar to that of UHD," said the official.

Earlier this month, Chinese-based Pad News claimed that longtime Apple manufacturing partner Foxconn is currently testing a new, large-format iPad, supporting either a screen measuring 11.4 inches diagonally or a 12.9-inch screen. The site said the tablet is in an advanced stage of testing, and Apple plans to reveal the device in March."

www.tomshardware.com/news/apple-ipad-tab...nn-quanta,25138.html

They've been talking about this rumor for about a year now.

www.macrumors.com is a really good place to keep up with whats going on with apple. Most leaks start there.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments

7 years 3 months ago #315865 by Roman Omell
Well if they come out with it, I hope it has more features than the current release. Personally I was disappointed with the lack of innovation on the last iPad.

Photo Comments

7 years 3 months ago #315877 by mj~shutterbugg
Total girl thing (and way OT) but all I saw was maxi pad. And no I am not referring to a large iPad.

Think Off-Center ~ George Carlin
www.mjbrennanphoto.com

7 years 3 months ago #316113 by Jim Photo
Not holding my breath, we'll see in 2014 :toetap:

Photo Comments

7 years 3 months ago #316499 by Ira Weber
That seems rather big for a tablet. I have the normal iPad and that seems big enough IMO

Photo Comments

7 years 3 months ago #316739 by Stealthy Ninja
What apple should do is bring out an iphone with a decent sized screen. Since using a Note 3 for a while, when I hold my old iPhone it feels like a kids toy.

7 years 3 months ago #316765 by Jim Photo

Stealthy Ninja wrote: What apple should do is bring out an iphone with a decent sized screen. Since using a Note 3 for a while, when I hold my old iPhone it feels like a kids toy.

:agree: boy this would be great. Apple disappointed when the released the 5 and the screen was only marginally bigger.

Photo Comments

7 years 2 months ago #316951 by Stealthy Ninja

Jim Photo wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote: What apple should do is bring out an iphone with a decent sized screen. Since using a Note 3 for a while, when I hold my old iPhone it feels like a kids toy.

:agree: boy this would be great. Apple disappointed when the released the 5 and the screen was only marginally bigger.

This is why I have a Note 3 instead of a 5s. I love the Note 3 BTW. Much better than the iphone.

7 years 2 months ago #316969 by mj~shutterbugg

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Jim Photo wrote:

This is why I have a Note 3 instead of a 5s. I love the Note 3 BTW. Much better than the iphone.

I have a Note 2 and am quite pleased as well. Other phones feel dinky after using the Note.

Think Off-Center ~ George Carlin
www.mjbrennanphoto.com

7 years 2 months ago #317391 by Vahrenkamp
Holding breath :whistle:

Photo Comments

7 years 2 months ago #320739 by Sean Lewitts
So basically it's a laptop now?

7 years 2 months ago #323739 by Oscar Cohen
This would be smart move for Apple, but all depends on if the actual released iPad holds up to all the internet hype.

Photo Comments

7 years 2 months ago #324023 by Stealthy Ninja

mj~shutterbugg wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Jim Photo wrote:

I have a Note 2 and am quite pleased as well. Other phones feel dinky after using the Note.

Amen sister.

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon Ixus 185 HS isn't going to wow you with features. But its low price point makes in an attractive option for people that want a small point-and-shoot camera.

Mar 02, 2021

In this Sony ZV-1 review, learn all about its specs, features, build and handling, video performance, price, and more.

Feb 24, 2021

The Ricoh GR III is a little-known compact camera that might be just the ticket for you if you want a small, portable, and easy-to-use camera.

Feb 19, 2021

The Sony a7S III is a video-first full frame camera with a hefty price tag. Is it worth the price of admission? Get all the details in this Sony a7S III review.

Feb 18, 2021

Latest Articles

Your photography website won't do you any favors if it's messy and cluttered. Give your website a boost with this photography website checklist.

Mar 03, 2021

There's a great way to boost your photography business - use free photography business resources! Get some tips on which freebies you can use in this short guide.

Mar 03, 2021

The Canon Ixus 185 HS isn't going to wow you with features. But its low price point makes in an attractive option for people that want a small point-and-shoot camera.

Mar 02, 2021

Buying a camera bag isn't something you should do on a whim. There's a few camera bag questions you should consider so you get the right bag for your needs.

Mar 02, 2021

If you have designs on improving your landscape photography this year, consider these quick and easy tips for getting better results.

Mar 01, 2021

If you're looking for the best drone for real estate photography, we've got three excellent options for any budget.

Mar 01, 2021

Using a softbox for portrait photography will get you more pleasing results with softer, more even light that is much flattering for the portrait subject.

Feb 26, 2021

In this Sony ZV-1 review, learn all about its specs, features, build and handling, video performance, price, and more.

Feb 24, 2021