iPad Pro vs Surface Pro 4 for photographers?

6 years 3 months ago #475847 by Frost Photography
Morning everyone.  So any of you using either of these and can shed some light on your thoughts?  Good business tool or more consumer product?  I'd like something that I can use as a business tool.

"The quickest way to make money at photography is to sell your camera."
Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 2 months ago #477578 by Farestad
iPad Pro I'm sorry to say is an over priced disappointment.  I wanted to like it, however it's no match to the Surface Pro 4.   I hope Apple steps up their game soon. 

EF 50mm f/1.4
EF 35mm f/1.4L USM
EF 100mm f/2
EF 70-200mm f/4
EF 18-55mm
EF 85mm f/1.8 USM

Photo Comments

6 years 2 months ago #477636 by Glenn Gee
+1 on the Surface Pro. I hate to admit it because I hate Windows with a bloody passion, but it is miles ahead of the iPad.

Photo Comments

6 years 2 months ago #478026 by SJM
Apple got lazy.  I really dislike saying that, however I waited in line for the iPad Pro and after a few hours was not all that impressed.  The pencil is nearly worthless unless you like to draw.  

I hope Apple has some surprises for us this year, otherwise I'll be making the switch to PC.  

Country guy living in the big Apple!
Photo Comments

6 years 2 months ago #478058 by Gus
Another disappointed Apple fan here. Sad to say the iPad Pro has nothing on the Surface Pro. 

Photo Comments

6 years 2 months ago #478156 by KenMan
It's alright, would have been cool if it had more RAM in it.  

Photo Comments

2 years 2 weeks ago #688141 by qingjiu
I'm a digital artist . I was looking for the XP-Pen Artist 12 Pro display drawing tablet which is 11.6 inches so it's smaller. My workspace is quite comfy and I have my couch right next to my desk so I could always take the tablet and draw while watching TV. The thing that I like about the iPad/surface pro though is that I can leave the house easily with them.
In my opnion the iPad Pro is a lot better to draw on than the surface because you get the higher refresh rate(120hz) which results in lower input lag when drawing. Also the apple pencil supports a wider range of pressure sensitivity.

2 years 1 week ago #688785 by JaneK
I'm an iPad girl, so you have my answer.  I don't have the Pro iPad, but mine is used almost daily.  Love it.  

Photo Comments

1 year 11 months ago #690377 by NickSano
+1 on the iPad.  Just preferred platform IMHO

Photo Comments

1 year 8 months ago #699642 by saiiko
i have the ipadPRO11-2020
i work with color and i can say the screen is real sh*t....
the black color is absent as color, there is no dynamic contrast, it is unrealistic to work, I wanted to use it as a second monitor, but stop this idea.
with backlight 100% black around #18142b
~ 17% deviation in brightness from pure black. (# 000000)
"this" is called the best ips screen on the market ...
I have an OLED near, compare near its black - just looks like TN  ..
everything higher in the range - well, it's looks pretty .. if in bright light or in contrast img you don't even notice the colors right away until you fill most of the screen with black at home or in the darkness ...
so if you have many night photos..the black areas on it you will see like just haze...huge haze, only haze..
only way is down backlight around 30% and down..its not enouh but you can see contrast ratio more correct...
sorry Apple fans, but I don't like pink snot, I'm realistic and objective.

1 year 8 months ago #699643 by Nikon Shooter
Staying away from MS and being invested in Mac's ecosystem,
I got myself the iPad — mainly as a platform for my portfolio. I
love that thing.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Nikon Z FC specs are quite impressive, and when paired with the retro-style body, you get a fun and capable camera for enthusiast shooters.

May 31, 2022

In this Nikon Z5 review, we'll discuss the specs, features, pros, and cons of this enthusiast-level camera. We'll also offer tips on where to buy one on the cheap!

May 10, 2022

The Leica Q (Typ 116) is a fantastic camera for intermediate and advanced shooters. Is it the best choice for you, though? Find out in this detailed review!

Apr 28, 2022

Looking for Best Budget Camera of 2022? Here’s my pick- Sony ZV-1. This best budget camera is loaded with features that give it lots of bang for your buck.

Feb 18, 2022
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

Not every photo book is made alike. Some are superior to others because of the options you get. Learn what to look for in this guide.

Jun 28, 2022

What is the best camera in 2022? That's a loaded question whose answer depends on many factors. In this guide, we'll explore some great options!

Jun 22, 2022

GoPro accessories come in all shapes, sizes and price points. But which ones are the best? We offer our favorite picks in this 2022 guide.

Jun 22, 2022

Not sure how to grow your photography business? Check this beginner business guide to learn a few inside tricks to hit the ground running.

Jun 22, 2022

If you're in the market for some Sony FE lenses for your kit, use this guide to learn more about three excellent prime and zoom lens options.

Jun 22, 2022

If you want to take the best close-up images, you'll need some macro photography lenses to get the clearest, sharpest photos.

Jun 21, 2022

What is a metal print? The easy answer is that it's an image printed on metal. But the best metal prints are a product of a more intricate process.

Jun 21, 2022

After using Linksys routers for many years, I switched to a Synology Router - the RT6600ax. Here are my first impressions!

Jun 15, 2022