Camera Opinions

3 years 9 months ago #690264 by Ashtyn
I am looking at upgrading my camera, I currently use Nikon, and I love it. But, I've been looking at switching to Cannon. 

I was looking at the Cannon 6D MKII and the Nikon D750.

Just wanted peoples opinions and thoughts :) 

3 years 9 months ago #690265 by Nikon Shooter
Go for the D750… I know I am biased but this is
a business decision. What is your actual camera?

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
3 years 9 months ago #690307 by garyrhook
Switch systems why?

What does your current camera not do? What do you not like? Do you have lenses that would have to be replaced?

Have you held a Canon and worked with it? Recommend that you hold and play with any camera you're considering buying.

Finally, Nikon has been having sales.... There will probably be another one soon, which would knock the price of the D750 down. Don't know about Canon.

Photo Comments
3 years 9 months ago #690317 by Preveen
Would love to offer some advice, but need a lot more information to go on.
Specially on a day that Canon announced 2 new cameras.

3 years 9 months ago #690358 by garyrhook

Preveen wrote: Would love to offer some advice, but need a lot more information to go on. Specially on a day that Canon announced 2 new cameras.

Um, she mentioned the 6D mk II, which has nothing to do with their product announcement. Why should mirrorless systems impact a discussion of DSLRs?

Photo Comments
3 years 8 months ago #693403 by Naheed
Both cameras have great features. The Canon 6D MkII possesses a resolution of 26.2MP, while Nikon D750 has a pixel count of 24.3MP.
Canon is also better in connectivity options, having a built-in GPS, WiFi + NFC and Bluetooth, whereas the Nikon D750 is only limited to WiFi.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashtyn
3 years 7 months ago #695831 by saponcpa
The question is which Nikon camera version you were used. If you need future replacing your camera lenses then my suggestion goes for Nikon D750. 

3 years 7 months ago #695834 by Nikon Shooter

Naheed wrote: … whereas the Nikon D750 is only limited to WiFi.

…Nikon enthousiast and pros looking for a capable
BU body don't care much for any connectivity toys.

Photo Comments
3 years 7 months ago #695840 by Hassner
I think this could turn into a Canon/Nikon debate here.
If you can afford to start with a whole new kit, why not?
Only when you worked extensively with both brands, you will maybe end up preferring one to the other. 
If you want to compare the two bodies, there are websites that will put the specs next to one another for you. 
I am sure the majority people here only worked with one of the two brands all their lives. 

This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments
3 years 7 months ago #695844 by Nikon Shooter

Hassner wrote: I think this could turn into a Canon/Nikon debate here.

Could? Yes, but it won't happen.

I strictly wanted to shed some light on the expectations
or requirements of part of the market against those of
an other — which are not brand specific.

Photo Comments
3 years 7 months ago #695864 by Hassner

Nikon Shooter wrote: I strictly wanted to shed some light on the expectations
or requirements of part of the market against those of
an other — which are not brand specific.

I did not mean you. :)

“Could turn” is future tense.

This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments
3 years 7 months ago #695866 by Nikon Shooter

Hassner wrote: “Could turn” is future tense.

Really? Cool, thank you for the correction! :P

Photo Comments
3 years 6 months ago #697916 by robertsmith19
If you are really want to switch then you can go with Nikon D750. It's  just my opinion

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

Latest Articles

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024

With these easy iPhone photography tips, you can maximize the functionality of your iPhone’s camera and get much-improved results for portraits, landscapes, and any other genre!

Apr 05, 2024

A small camera backpack is the perfect vessel for carrying your photography kit. The problem is there’s so many to choose from! Use this guide for details on three top choices.

Apr 04, 2024