Free software Links

10 years 11 months ago #156700 by photobod

rmeyer7 wrote: I just tried out a new program called Luminance HDR last night. It's free and open-source, and does a pretty good job. My first HDR photo ( here ) was processed with it.

There are a ton of different options and variables you have to play around with and it's not the most user-friendly program out there. But if you're willing to learn by trial and error, I think the results can be worth it. Once I took an hour to just play with all the different options and see what everything does, I was able to create an image I liked.

One tip that worked out well for me: once you find a blend of settings that produces the results you want, you can save those settings for future use.


looks really good, nice find.

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

,
10 years 11 months ago #156846 by rmeyer7
I forgot to mention something in my post about Luminance HDR. The website says that the 64-bit Windows version isn't considered stable yet, there are a lot of bugs that have to be worked out that cause it to crash. So if you're running Windows 64-bit, you still want to install the 32-bit version of the software.

I tried the 64-bit version first and it did crash, although it wasn't horrible. But so far the 32-bit works just fine.


Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

,
10 years 11 months ago #157025 by photobod

rmeyer7 wrote: I forgot to mention something in my post about Luminance HDR. The website says that the 64-bit Windows version isn't considered stable yet, there are a lot of bugs that have to be worked out that cause it to crash. So if you're running Windows 64-bit, you still want to install the 32-bit version of the software.

I tried the 64-bit version first and it did crash, although it wasn't horrible. But so far the 32-bit works just fine.


Thanks for the update :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

,
10 years 11 months ago #157070 by rmeyer7
Sorry to keep posting multiple times about the same software...but I just found some stuff that may be very helpful for anyone who decides to try Luminance HDR.

What all the parameters and tone mapping profiles do and when to use each one
Understanding this and making slight adjustments to the "pre-gamma" will make a huge difference.

[url=http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/qtpfsgui/index.php?title=Qtpfsgui_Manual[/url]Main manual for the program[/url]


The following user(s) said Thank You: photobod

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

,
10 years 11 months ago #159066 by photobod

rmeyer7 wrote: Sorry to keep posting multiple times about the same software...but I just found some stuff that may be very helpful for anyone who decides to try Luminance HDR.

What all the parameters and tone mapping profiles do and when to use each one
Understanding this and making slight adjustments to the "pre-gamma" will make a huge difference.

[url=http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/qtpfsgui/index.php?title=Qtpfsgui_Manual[/url]Main manual for the program[/url]


Feel free to post as much as you want the more info the better.

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

,
10 years 11 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #159192 by KevinSken

photobod wrote: this from Ryan Its not Free but you can trial it so I think its worth a look


Hi guys,
I have a professional photo recovery program on my computer that can recover data after deeply scanning your memory card to look for lost pictures you accidentally deleted or formatted. If needed, you can download it and scan your memory card for free to preview whether your erased photos can be recovered.Get it from www.any-data-recovery.com/product/datarecoverystandard.htm
And here are tutorials to recover pictures.


I suspect this is spam so I deleted it.  Please stop posting links to this site. -Stealthy Ninja


Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

,
10 years 11 months ago #159417 by photobod

KevinSken wrote:

photobod wrote: this from Ryan Its not Free but you can trial it so I think its worth a look


Hi guys,
I have a professional photo recovery program on my computer that can recover data after deeply scanning your memory card to look for lost pictures you accidentally deleted or formatted. If needed, you can download it and scan your memory card for free to preview whether your erased photos can be recovered.Get it from www.any-data-recovery.com/product/datarecoverystandard.htm
And here are tutorials to recover pictures.


I visited the website and found a lot of useful tutorial about digital photo recovery .Thanks for sharing!


Thats what its all about Kevin sharing.

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

,
10 years 10 months ago #159736 by photobod
I noticed this piece of software in a members album I think it was Martinwf.

download.cnet.com/PhotoScape/3000-2192_4...3&subj=dl&tag=button

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

,
10 years 10 months ago #159759 by Dori
Photoscape was easy to use. :thumbsup:

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

The following user(s) said Thank You: photobod

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

,
10 years 10 months ago #161486 by photobod

Dori wrote: Photoscape was easy to use. :thumbsup:


Dori I have to agree with you :agree: :agree: :agree: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

,
10 years 10 months ago #164364 by Rascal07
Mine never works either baydream posted some pics of mine for me. But when I do it I get fake something ??? I can add to my profile but I can not in forums.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

,
10 years 10 months ago #164441 by robbie

Rascal07 wrote: Mine never works either baydream posted some pics of mine for me. But when I do it I get fake something ??? I can add to my profile but I can not in forums.

That`s the setup for posting....fakepath..I think!!Just continue with the posting since you are on the right track.


Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

,
10 years 10 months ago #164911 by photobod
come on folks their must be more freebies out there :judge: :judge: :judge: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :banana: :banana: :banana: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :toocrazy: :toocrazy: :toocrazy: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :judge: :judge: :judge:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

,
10 years 10 months ago #164925 by orion


Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

,
10 years 10 months ago #165001 by photobod

orion wrote: www.serif.com/free-photo-editing-software/


Scooby Doo we love you

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

,

817.3K

241K

  • Facebook

    817,251 / Likes

  • Twitter

    241,000 / Followers

  • Google+

    1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Panasonic Lumix FZ300 is an older camera, but has modern capabilities like 4K video that make it a great option for today's photographers.

Sep 13, 2022

The Sony Alpha 7c mirrorless digital camera is a compact full frame rig that is an excellent introduction to shooting with a full frame body.

Aug 25, 2022

In this Sony Alpha a6000 mirrorless digital camera review, get the scoop on this camera's specs and features, and learn why it's a great beginner camera.

Jul 05, 2022

The Nikon Z FC specs are quite impressive, and when paired with the retro-style body, you get a fun and capable camera for enthusiast shooters.

May 31, 2022
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The new GoPro Hero 11 look exactly like its predecessor, but under the hood are a ton of changes, including a new sensor, that make the Hero 11 a major upgrade.

Sep 22, 2022

You can get a portrait print in any size you like, on various papers, and in multiple orientations. The question is, what’s best for your particular image?

Sep 21, 2022

By using wholesale photography products, you can offer your clients beautiful products and give them more choice while giving yourself room for a nice profit.

Sep 21, 2022

A lens pouch offers advantages over a camera bag, including easy access to gear for quick shots. In this guide, learn more about the benefits of lens pouches.

Sep 19, 2022

Holiday photo gifts come in all shapes and sizes and at many price points. Use this guide to help you discover interesting gift ideas for this holiday season.

Sep 19, 2022

With a budget of $250, you can buy all sorts of goodies for the photographer on your holiday shopping list.

Sep 16, 2022

This year's list of gifts for photographers under $500 includes a wide selection of gear the photographer on your list would love to have!

Sep 15, 2022

Which is best for you - the Canon M6 Mark II or the Canon M50 Mark II? Use this guide to help you decide!

Sep 15, 2022