Free software Links

12 years 6 months ago #156700 by photobod

rmeyer7 wrote: I just tried out a new program called Luminance HDR last night. It's free and open-source, and does a pretty good job. My first HDR photo ( here ) was processed with it.

There are a ton of different options and variables you have to play around with and it's not the most user-friendly program out there. But if you're willing to learn by trial and error, I think the results can be worth it. Once I took an hour to just play with all the different options and see what everything does, I was able to create an image I liked.

One tip that worked out well for me: once you find a blend of settings that produces the results you want, you can save those settings for future use.

looks really good, nice find.

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 6 months ago #156846 by rmeyer7
I forgot to mention something in my post about Luminance HDR. The website says that the 64-bit Windows version isn't considered stable yet, there are a lot of bugs that have to be worked out that cause it to crash. So if you're running Windows 64-bit, you still want to install the 32-bit version of the software.

I tried the 64-bit version first and it did crash, although it wasn't horrible. But so far the 32-bit works just fine.

12 years 6 months ago #157025 by photobod

rmeyer7 wrote: I forgot to mention something in my post about Luminance HDR. The website says that the 64-bit Windows version isn't considered stable yet, there are a lot of bugs that have to be worked out that cause it to crash. So if you're running Windows 64-bit, you still want to install the 32-bit version of the software.

I tried the 64-bit version first and it did crash, although it wasn't horrible. But so far the 32-bit works just fine.

Thanks for the update :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 6 months ago #157070 by rmeyer7
Sorry to keep posting multiple times about the same software...but I just found some stuff that may be very helpful for anyone who decides to try Luminance HDR.

What all the parameters and tone mapping profiles do and when to use each one
Understanding this and making slight adjustments to the "pre-gamma" will make a huge difference.

[url=http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/qtpfsgui/index.php?title=Qtpfsgui_Manual[/url]Main manual for the program[/url]

The following user(s) said Thank You: photobod
12 years 5 months ago #159066 by photobod

rmeyer7 wrote: Sorry to keep posting multiple times about the same software...but I just found some stuff that may be very helpful for anyone who decides to try Luminance HDR.

What all the parameters and tone mapping profiles do and when to use each one
Understanding this and making slight adjustments to the "pre-gamma" will make a huge difference.

[url=http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/qtpfsgui/index.php?title=Qtpfsgui_Manual[/url]Main manual for the program[/url]

Feel free to post as much as you want the more info the better.

www.dcimages.org.uk

12 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #159192 by KevinSken

photobod wrote: this from Ryan Its not Free but you can trial it so I think its worth a look

Hi guys,
I have a professional photo recovery program on my computer that can recover data after deeply scanning your memory card to look for lost pictures you accidentally deleted or formatted. If needed, you can download it and scan your memory card for free to preview whether your erased photos can be recovered.Get it from www.any-data-recovery.com/product/datarecoverystandard.htm
And here are tutorials to recover pictures.

I suspect this is spam so I deleted it.  Please stop posting links to this site. -Stealthy Ninja

12 years 5 months ago #159417 by photobod

KevinSken wrote:

photobod wrote: this from Ryan Its not Free but you can trial it so I think its worth a look

Hi guys,
I have a professional photo recovery program on my computer that can recover data after deeply scanning your memory card to look for lost pictures you accidentally deleted or formatted. If needed, you can download it and scan your memory card for free to preview whether your erased photos can be recovered.Get it from www.any-data-recovery.com/product/datarecoverystandard.htm
And here are tutorials to recover pictures.

I visited the website and found a lot of useful tutorial about digital photo recovery .Thanks for sharing!

Thats what its all about Kevin sharing.

www.dcimages.org.uk

12 years 5 months ago #159736 by photobod
I noticed this piece of software in a members album I think it was Martinwf.

download.cnet.com/PhotoScape/3000-2192_4...3&subj=dl&tag=button

www.dcimages.org.uk

12 years 5 months ago #159759 by Dori
Photoscape was easy to use. :thumbsup:

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

The following user(s) said Thank You: photobod
12 years 5 months ago #161486 by photobod

Dori wrote: Photoscape was easy to use. :thumbsup:

Dori I have to agree with you :agree: :agree: :agree: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

www.dcimages.org.uk

12 years 5 months ago #164364 by Rascal07
Mine never works either baydream posted some pics of mine for me. But when I do it I get fake something ??? I can add to my profile but I can not in forums.
12 years 5 months ago #164441 by robbie

Rascal07 wrote: Mine never works either baydream posted some pics of mine for me. But when I do it I get fake something ??? I can add to my profile but I can not in forums.

That`s the setup for posting....fakepath..I think!!Just continue with the posting since you are on the right track.

12 years 5 months ago #164911 by photobod
come on folks their must be more freebies out there :judge: :judge: :judge: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :banana: :banana: :banana: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :toocrazy: :toocrazy: :toocrazy: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :judge: :judge: :judge:

www.dcimages.org.uk

12 years 5 months ago #164925 by orion

12 years 5 months ago #165001 by photobod

orion wrote: www.serif.com/free-photo-editing-software/

Scooby Doo we love you

www.dcimages.org.uk

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024