Free software Links

12 years 7 months ago #119276 by photobod
This from Johnnie

pixresizer.en.softonic.com/

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 7 months ago #119334 by Scotty

photobod wrote:

Scotty wrote: Computer support is free editing software?

Lets see some more editing stuff!

I think it may be that this will end up being an anything free thread Scotty, I dont think it matters to much so long as we are helping others.

Maybe we could find a way to clone this thread and put it in computers as a sticky as well? I'll see what I can do. :):banana: :thumbsup:

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #119863 by photobod

Scotty wrote:

photobod wrote:

Scotty wrote: Computer support is free editing software?

Lets see some more editing stuff!

I think it may be that this will end up being an anything free thread Scotty, I dont think it matters to much so long as we are helping others.

Maybe we could find a way to clone this thread and put it in computers as a sticky as well? I'll see what I can do. :):banana: :thumbsup:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 7 months ago #120267 by Johnnie
FREE - Editing Software ...... " PhotoPlus 10 "

www.serif.com/subsclub/

•Powerful enhancement tools
Correct common image problems like lighting and red eye. Plus, remove people and object with PhotoPlus’ clone tool.
•Layer management
Edit non-destructively using layers and create layer groups to help manage complex compositions.
•Easy Image extraction
Use edge detection tools to cut out people and objects from your photos quickly and easily.
•Artistic effects
Create instant art by transforming your photos into a water colour, oil painting or pencil sketch.
•Wide file compatibility
PhotoPlus 10 works with all common image formats including RAW and Adobe® Photoshop files.
•Batch processing
Save time by processing groups of photos in one operation or recording macros to automate multiple edits.

The following user(s) said Thank You: LensofNature
12 years 7 months ago #120454 by Jamie
Sorry if this is a repeat post, but FastStone is awesome:

FastStone Image Viewer:
www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

FastStone Photo Resizer:
www.faststone.org/FSResizerDetail.htm

We pay for the commercial license (which is really inexpensive), but it's FREEWARE, No Adware, No Spyware, Free for Home Users!

PhotographyTalk Users enjoy 15% OFF at www.photobacks.com !
Use: PHT843 at checkout!

12 years 7 months ago #120511 by Henry Peach
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #121418 by photobod
I have been looking for some simple tutorials for photoshop that are all in one place and I came across 132 of them from Kelby, he is very easy to follow, he covers lots of subjects and its almost like he is sat next to you showing the way.

I know, its not software but its free knowledge so I wanted to share, I already mentioned to Scotty who stickied this thread that it may turn into an anything free thread so folks lets help others, it makes ya feel good.

once into this tutorial you can click just above it where it says Ngage 70 132 videos, you can subscribe to his channel also, makes it easier to find.

www.dcimages.org.uk

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #124677 by photobod
this from Ryan Its not Free but you can trial it so I think its worth a look

Hi guys,
I have a professional photo recovery program on my computer that can recover data after deeply scanning your memory card to look for lost pictures you accidentally deleted or formatted. If needed, you can download it and scan your memory card for free to preview whether your erased photos can be recovered.Get it from www.any-data-recovery.com/product/datarecoverystandard.htm
And here are tutorials to recover pictures.
How to Recover Deleted Photos from Digital Camera’s Memory Card?
How to Retrieve Pictures, Videos from Formatted SD card of Digital Camera?

www.dcimages.org.uk

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #138921 by photobod
This from rmeyer7 IrfanView also has good batch processing capabilities.
www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm
Hope you dont mind I saw you suggesting this in another thread and popped it in here, thanks.

www.dcimages.org.uk

The following user(s) said Thank You: rmeyer7
12 years 6 months ago #138997 by wolverine
Hi Everyone,

I would like to share NimoDecLite OCR software that we provide for our Handheld Scanner users. This software can recognize text from JPG, BMP, TIF & PNG images and convert them into editable text files. You could also use this software to create PDF file from multiple images at once.
Download from Wolverine PASS-100 page at the link below:

Wolverine PASS-100

Hope you like it.
Matt

www.wolverinedata.com
Handheld Scanners, Film Converters & Digital Camera Backup Devices
PT Special 20% OFF
Coupon Code PTWOLVERINE

12 years 6 months ago #139155 by photobod

wolverine wrote: Hi Everyone,

I would like to share NimoDecLite OCR software that we provide for our Handheld Scanner users. This software can recognize text from JPG, BMP, TIF & PNG images and convert them into editable text files. You could also use this software to create PDF file from multiple images at once.
Download from Wolverine PASS-100 page at the link below:

Wolverine PASS-100

Hope you like it.
Matt

Great shout thankyou

www.dcimages.org.uk

12 years 5 months ago #151545 by chakkaradeep

Cheers,
Chaks

The following user(s) said Thank You: Alochhaya
12 years 5 months ago #151579 by photobod

chakkaradeep wrote: Free photography magazine - f11 - I love it :)

Thank you chakkaradeep and to everyone who has contributed to this thread keep it up please :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :banana: :banana: :banana:

www.dcimages.org.uk

12 years 5 months ago #154537 by photobod

www.dcimages.org.uk

12 years 5 months ago #156689 by rmeyer7
I just tried out a new program called Luminance HDR last night. It's free and open-source, and does a pretty good job. My first HDR photo ( here ) was processed with it.

There are a ton of different options and variables you have to play around with and it's not the most user-friendly program out there. But if you're willing to learn by trial and error, I think the results can be worth it. Once I took an hour to just play with all the different options and see what everything does, I was able to create an image I liked.

One tip that worked out well for me: once you find a blend of settings that produces the results you want, you can save those settings for future use.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Alochhaya, chakkaradeep

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024