How to Photoshop Tip: Creating a Unique Watermark for Photos!

11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 1 month ago #270404 by PhotographyTalk

The following user(s) said Thank You: effron, Vespista
11 years 2 months ago #270417 by Vespista
:judge:
thankyou

Photo Comments
11 years 2 months ago #270446 by tlcmommaof5
I may be wrong but I think there is an easier way than what you've shown. Use a plain white piece of copy paper and a fine tipped Sharpie marker (any color) to sign whatever you are wanting. Scan it into the computer and open it in Photoshop. Using the magic wand tool with contiguous unchecked select the writing then open a new layer and shift+f5 to fill with color you want. It will fill the selected portion on the new layer with your signature. Or just magic wand ctrl+J.

Tabitha L. Cowan
Dreamcatcher Designs

The following user(s) said Thank You: mc_hudd, bcelsey
11 years 2 months ago #271105 by prestoncornutt
I just purchased CS6, have been looking for a good tutorial on how to create a personal watermark. When I seen your video posted on Photographytalk I thought I was finally going to get the information I needed. But after attempting to follow your instructions, I still cannot figure out the steps. It would have been a lot better instructions had you NOT used keyboard shortcuts, and explained how to reset your pen tool after making the first part of your signature. That's been the most common mistake I have come across when watching tutorials, each one the person always uses keyboard shortcuts, and doesn't fully explain how, what, or where to actually go and use the cursor. I guess I'll keep looking for a better explanation. If I were to rate this video, I would give it a 2, 10 being the best!

11 years 2 months ago #271117 by garyrhook
Yeah, probably not the most effective tutorial on this subject. The trick here is that you'll need an image with a transparent background (png, a layer in a psd), which you will copy into a new layer on your images, then adjust position and transparency.

Frankly, LR makes the entire procedure much, much easier.

Gary

www.grhookphoto.com
facebook.com/grhookphoto

Photo Comments
Attachments:
11 years 2 months ago #271222 by Little Kate
Thanks for sharing

Photo Comments
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #289359 by mc_hudd
Yes, I agree, TLC. Or, you could do the same, but when in PS, turn your signature into a stamp. I can't remember the exact steps to do this since I'm not in front of my computer, but it's MUCH easier than what this video shows!

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024