Designing a watermark for my images

8 years 1 month ago #475321 by Karen Russell
Did you guys hire someone or agency to design your watermark?  If you did yourself, what did you use as inspiration or better yet software used?  

Photo Comments
8 years 1 month ago #475503 by Tim Burg
Mines just my signature

Photo Comments
8 years 1 month ago #475507 by Denise Lattimer
Just create your own in Photoshop or Lightroom. No need to pay someone else to do it! Just draw inspiration from your life or the types of photos you like to take. If you want some feedback, upload it to the forum and we can all give our opinions. Good luck!

Photo Comments
8 years 1 month ago #475516 by plymouthcards
I agree that you should do this yourself and save the money for other things. Using your website is another idea so that people will always know where to find you. 
8 years 4 weeks ago #475582 by China White
Good advice, most people say just use fiverr but I believe that you get what you pay for.

Photo Comments
8 years 4 weeks ago #475589 by Stic
Takes 5 mins in PS...

I did mine, and did quite a few for others, but then, I'm a trained (a few moons ago, that is) graphic designer...:dry:

Photo Comments
8 years 4 weeks ago #475656 by Danny Carson
+1 PHotoshop is your friend

Photo Comments
8 years 4 weeks ago #475772 by Joves
I will just use my PS/CS. There are a ton of free fonts out there if you do not like the available ones in the program. The most I have ever done is use the text box. But then I do not care much about watermarking online.

8 years 4 weeks ago #475814 by SonomaShooter
Web and brand designer here.

Do you already have a logo? If you have graphic files already just take it into photoshop and do a color overlay to make it white. Then you can push the opacity down to about 30% which is normally a good place to overlay on top of your images. 

Do you need to create a graphic to use both as full or one color logo AND a watermark? The easiest thing to do is go for simple and classic typography-based logo. Something fancy for your name + something more simple for "photography" is a good reliable combination. Fun fact! The Google Font repository google.com/fonts is full of a ton of free fonts to download and use, even for commercial use!

Some techniques used for watermarks? You could do semi-transparent white in bottom right corner pretty easily. You can also do a band of semi-transparent white across the bottom with your logo and your URL as either negative space or darker. Including your URL is good practice when you're posting it on social media, for example, but not really necessary when posting on your website itself. 

I hope that gives some ideas. If you need more help, or even some inspiration, let me know! 

8 years 3 weeks ago #476158 by KZAM
In photoshop after watching a video here on making one from your hand signature.  

I don't need no stink'in Signature! ha ha ha
Photo Comments
8 years 3 weeks ago #476281 by Roman Omell
Really good advice here, have you looked at 99 Designs?  

Photo Comments
8 years 3 weeks ago #476345 by Fugler

Roman Omell wrote: Really good advice here, have you looked at 99 Designs?  

Interesting, so you set up contest and designers compete to win with the best design?  Cool!  

Photo Comments
8 years 3 weeks ago #476587 by Miss Polly

Roman Omell wrote: Really good advice here, have you looked at 99 Designs?  

Good resource, however very frustrating to deal with some of the designers as they are from over seas.  

Photo Comments
8 years 3 weeks ago #476612 by SonomaShooter
I have no personal experience with 99 designs, but services like that are really frowned upon by design industry professionals. It tends to devalue people who do it for a living, not unlike some things we're all familiar with in the photography industry. Just a word to the wise. 

The following user(s) said Thank You: icepics
8 years 3 weeks ago #476726 by Joves
Isn't that 99 Design the one that was advertising on the radio as the $8 an hour site? I just remember hearing an ad like that, and thought man I am glad I do not do that for a living. And I thought it was probably more of the H1B employers.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024