Experience with all in one website services for photographers?

7 years 9 months ago #488243 by Silver Fox
Thank you PT, you posted the new drone section and I got lost in videos! lol.

Back to my question I came here for.  Any of you have experience or thoughts on those all in one website services for photographers.  Like this company as example -  www.onlinepictureproof.com/  

How flexible did you find the platform and how good was the SEO?  Oh and was it easy to update.  Thanks!

Photo Comments
7 years 9 months ago #488244 by Happy Snapper
Never heard of them.  Have you looked at Zenfolio or SmugMug?  

Gripped Nikon D810 --- Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 --- Sigma 10-20mm f/4 --- Nikon 50mm f/1.4 --- SB600
Photo Comments
7 years 9 months ago #488245 by Denise Lattimer
I don't have experience with that one, but I used to use Smugmug. It was nice for the convenience part - I set up a store easily enough. But I'm no web designer and I ended up getting rid of smugmug in favor of a professionally designed one. That cost a pretty penny, but it works better for my needs. 

Photo Comments
7 years 9 months ago #488275 by icepics
OnlinePictureProof is out of the UK. I'd look at the Contact info. before anything else to see who/what the company is.

Their testimonials are from websites? magazines? that I've never heard of. So for me they're meaningless. If it's not mentioned or advertised in any well known photography magazines I'd have to wonder.

Sharon
Photo Comments
7 years 8 months ago #490696 by Chris Yates
I personally use Squarespace for my personal use. I find that it covers all of my needs, and the formatting is quite intuitive and attractive.

Photo Comments
7 years 8 months ago #490720 by Tony Imaging

Happy Snapper wrote: Never heard of them.  Have you looked at Zenfolio or SmugMug?  

+1 Smugmug

Photo Comments
7 years 8 months ago #490823 by Tyler Otis
I'd definitely vet any website services very thoroughly. Look for features like how much storage and bandwidth you're allowed, the templates that are available and how easy it is to customize them, the kind of support they offer (i.e. email, chat, phone, etc.), and other features like blogging and e-commerce. Big names like SquareSpace and Wix are good choices, though they aren't geared specifically towards photographers. I've never used Smugmug, but it sounds like others here have liked it. There's a lot of crap website builders out there, so just be careful!

Photo Comments
7 years 8 months ago #490846 by Fess Walker
Zenfolio and be done with it 

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024