Aurora HDR vs Photomatix Pro

5 years 9 months ago #591899 by Noah J
In terms of realistic looking HDR, which one of these will be easier to use for newcomer?  

Photo Comments
5 years 9 months ago #591916 by garyrhook
You can't answer that question with anything other than, "it depends".

There are trial periods for both. Give 'em a spin and decide which one makes sense to you, and gives you the results you prefer.

Photo Comments
5 years 9 months ago #591941 by Shadowfixer1
The better question is why.
5 years 9 months ago #591944 by garyrhook

Shadowfixer1 wrote: The better question is why.

:rofl:

Photo Comments
5 years 9 months ago #592070 by Amy Porter
Yep, best thing you can do is download both and see which one works best for you.   From my experience, Photomatix has been around for a very long time in the HDR world.  Personally I have used Photomatix, however I've heard great reviews about Aurora.   

Photo Comments
5 years 9 months ago #592117 by Julie Staas
:agree:  

Country Girl out for a stroll
Photo Comments
5 years 8 months ago #593830 by Noah J

garyrhook wrote: You can't answer that question with anything other than, "it depends".

There are trial periods for both. Give 'em a spin and decide which one makes sense to you, and gives you the results you prefer.

Hi Gary, thank you.  I don't mean to be difficult and I do appreciate your answer.   Would you mind me asking how you define "it depends"?   I see they both have trials available, I posted this thread to see about getting some user feedback.  I knew it might be a longshot that someone had used both and had opinions on which might have been better.  That's all.  To be honest, I was hoping to avoid having to download each, learn how to use and the time involved in that.  

Thank you for your understanding and your help!

Photo Comments
5 years 8 months ago #593850 by garyrhook

Noah J wrote: Hi Gary, thank you.  I don't mean to be difficult and I do appreciate your answer.   Would you mind me asking how you define "it depends"?

Sure thing; completely reasonable question.

My experience with software is that not every program is going to make sense to every person. Just because someone else loves a program doesn't mean it will work for you. It's like choosing a camera: you have to work with it to determine whether it "fits".

The great thing is that most of these applications have trial periods. I encourage you to choose one, install it, and use it. You may love it, you may hate. Try the next one. See what you think. Then decide.

The only useful information you get from someone else is performance, whether a program is buggy, and how their updates and support are.

Photo Comments
5 years 8 months ago #594398 by Justin Cramer
Just noticed that the Photomatix has a life time membership 

Photo Comments
5 years 8 months ago #594857 by Stacy Merrow
Hey guys, I downloaded the Photomatix trial, are there there any good instructional video's you can share please?

Thank you

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024

With these easy iPhone photography tips, you can maximize the functionality of your iPhone’s camera and get much-improved results for portraits, landscapes, and any other genre!

Apr 05, 2024