Position of watermark in photo?

1 year 1 month ago #609445 by Kid Prodigy
Need your opinion here.  When you are adding a watermark to a photo is there any right or wrong in terms of positioning?  

Canon EOS 7D|Canon EF 70-200mm F/2.8L USM |
Canon EF 50mm F/1.4 USM |
(2) Canon Speedlite 480EX II

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 1 month ago #609448 by ShutterPal
Middle or right for me.  But doesn't matter... go with what looks good. 

Photo Comments

1 year 1 month ago #609449 by paoloko
I prefer to use it at the corners of the photo

Hand Made Camera Straps: www.HyperionCameraStraps.com
Photo Comments

1 year 1 month ago #609514 by Ryan711
Typically one of the corners, however there are some photos that it just looks better lower in the middle. 

I don't think there are any rules to where you position this.  Do what looks good for you.

Photo Comments

1 year 1 month ago #609832 by Karen Russell
Lower right corner for me

Photo Comments

1 year 1 month ago #609867 by garyrhook
Are you looking at others' images? It doesn't matter. Put it where you want it, at whatever size you want.

Photo Comments

1 year 1 month ago #609889 by Karen Comella
Agree, it depends on the photo and composition of the photo.  This will determine if I put in in one of the corners or middle.  

Photo Comments

1 year 1 month ago #610350 by Carlos
Lower right for most cases, otherwise in the middle  

(2) Canon 7D, Canon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, 17-55 f/2.8 IS USM, 50mm f/1.4 USM, 85mm f/1.8 USM, Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 HSM, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6
Photo Comments

1 year 4 weeks ago #610493 by J Photo Man
How are you guys making your watermarks?  

Photo Comments

1 year 4 weeks ago #610605 by garyrhook

J Photo Man wrote: How are you guys making your watermarks?  

Lightroom can apply a watermark upon export. I create mine in PS as transparent PNGs, then set size/position/opacity in the watermark section of LR. When the image gets exported (using the jfFolder Publisher plug-in) to my Drive folder on my system, it gets replicated to Google Drive and I can access the image from my phone/iPad/other computer. Easy peasy.

Photo Comments

1 year 4 weeks ago #610678 by TCooper
Lower right 

Photo Comments

1 year 4 weeks ago #610853 by Greg Friedman
Depends on the photo, usually lower right

Photo Comments

1 year 4 weeks ago #610947 by Sawyer
Middle on most

Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM | Canon 35L | Sigma 85 1.4 | Helios 44M-6 58mm(M42) | Zeiss 50mm 1.4 (C/Y) | Canon 135L | (2) 430EX II
Photo Comments

1 year 3 weeks ago #611071 by Number 7
Where ever looks best in the photo, no preference  

Photo Comments

1 year 3 weeks ago #611138 by Nathan D
+1 lower right 

Photo Comments

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

In this Sony RX10 IV review, learn about the specs and features that make this one of the best, most well-equipped bridge cameras on the market today.

Nov 12, 2019

In this Nikon D3500 review, learn all about this camera's features, specs, and capabilities, as well as details about compatible lenses, the camera's pros and cons, and its price.

Nov 06, 2019

In this Panasonic G9 review, we take a look at its essential features, its build quality, compatible lenses, and other crucial details to help you decide if this is the camera for you.

Nov 04, 2019

In this Canon EOS 7D Mark II review, we outline the pros and cons of this camera and identify whether it's still a good buy in 2019.

Oct 25, 2019
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

There are plenty of filter kits to choose from, but many of them offer subpar build quality and results. That's not the case with the Haida M10 Filter Kit, which might be the ultimate landscape filter kit on the market today.

Nov 15, 2019

If you're a beginner and you want to explore black and white photography, consult these quick black and white photography tips to get started.

Nov 13, 2019

Winter photography can be a challenge for sure. But with these tips for winter photography, you can prepare yourself (and your gear) to get the best shots.

Nov 13, 2019

One of the critical aspects of creating awesome vlogs is having footage that's stabilized. With these methods for how to stabilize a camera, you'll have plenty of options for smooth video.

Nov 13, 2019

Photo by Cristian Grecu on Unsplash A Chinese university student tumbled off of one of China's largest mountains to her in death...

Nov 12, 2019

Photo by Karina on Unsplash Who among us doesn't have the intrinsically human desire to get absolutely smashed, incredibly naked...

Nov 12, 2019

Photo by Tim Bennett on Unsplash In a year of continuously bad news for Facebook, it turns out the iOS Facebook app has been...

Nov 12, 2019

In this Sony RX10 IV review, learn about the specs and features that make this one of the best, most well-equipped bridge cameras on the market today.

Nov 12, 2019