Saving Creative Live lessons to iPad?

5 years 1 month ago #632614 by Randall McNabb
I'm trying to download some Adobe Premiere advance lessons to my iPad and can't seem to figure out how to do so.  

I've Google'd this and found:  support.creativelive.com/portal/kb/artic...to-an-iphone-or-ipad

However I don't see this "download lessons" button as shown:

Can you help me please?

Photo Comments
Attachments:
5 years 1 month ago #632650 by garyrhook
You must use the iPad app, which they state. What they don't state is that the image they have on that page is stale. It doesn't look like that any longer.

Worst. App. Ever. And I'll explain why.

But first,  login to the app, and go to your Library. Select on of your classes. You should get a screen like this:

Your list of lessons on the right will show you the times. Down in the lower right corner of your screen should be a download icon (I circled it in red, above). Tap on that and you'll get a list of all the lessons, which you can download. Once you've done that, your class will look something like this:

The little blue icon to the right of each lesson title means it's been downloaded. Very not intuitive. If you tap the big download icon again, you'll get to unload lessons, if you like.

Note: if you want to download so you can view them when you are offline, be warned. The app may decide you have to login first before it will show allow playback. And guess what? You have to be online in order to authenticate with their damn server. If you can't authenticate, you can't play them. And you never know when you're going to have to login again, so don't be surprised when it's at an inconvenient time.

Did I raise this issue? Yes. Do they care? No. This terrible programming decision is not important enough to fix. So we're stuck. Perhaps forever.

Stupid, stupid, stupid programmers. And I get to say that because I am one. And would never implement a mechanism like this. Completely asinine.

#rantover

Photo Comments
Attachments:
5 years 1 month ago #632741 by Harrison J
It took me a while to find it as well, but Gary gave you a super detailed answer.  

Good post.  

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024