iPad Pro used as Walcom tablet for Macbook Pro?

7 months 4 weeks ago #660400 by ThatNikonGuy
There's a way you can use your iPad Pro as a Walcom tablet tethered to your Macbook right?  I don't suppose you know the app name?  My Google search came up with something called Astropad.  

Would you happen to know if there are others out there?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qb3E1y9xLw

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 months 4 weeks ago #660416 by garyrhook
Huh. My search for "ipad tablet for mac" came up with that, plus Duet, and apparently Catalina is introducing a feature called "Sidecar".

But the only real option until recently was Astropad. So you already found it.

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: ThatNikonGuy

7 months 4 weeks ago #660466 by Nathan D
I'll take this tip, I had no idea our tablets could be used as this!  

Photo Comments

7 months 3 weeks ago #660671 by JaneK

Photo Comments

7 months 3 weeks ago #660682 by garyrhook
Uh, yeah. Astropad.

There must be an echo in here.

Photo Comments

7 months 3 weeks ago #660800 by JaneK

garyrhook wrote: Uh, yeah. Astropad.

There must be an echo in here.

Snarky today?  :P

I know what was already said, I didn't say I was the first to mention it.  Actually I didn't say anything.  I just shared a video I found interesting and thought others might as well.  

Photo Comments

7 months 3 weeks ago #660806 by garyrhook

JaneK wrote: Snarky today?  :P  

I'm snarky every day. It's part of my charm.  :whistle:

The OP didn't ask about setting up an iPad, but it's certainly interesting (maybe?) that the only app anyone can find is that one.

I would have looked at Duet, but I just picked up a new Wacom tablet, so my iPad remains relegated to Pinterest, Facebook, and email.

Photo Comments

7 months 3 weeks ago #660814 by Frost Photography
I wish Apple would improve their pencil.  If you compare the Apple Pencil to Microsoft Surface Pen, there is no comparison.  The Surface Pen feels and rights more accurate.   

"The quickest way to make money at photography is to sell your camera."
Photo Comments

7 months 3 weeks ago #660866 by garyrhook

Frost Photography wrote: I wish Apple would improve their pencil.  If you compare the Apple Pencil to Microsoft Surface Pen, there is no comparison.  The Surface Pen feels and rights more accurate.   

Pencil or Pencil 2? Every review I read puts them even in performance (Pencil 2 vs Pen, latency), and the Pen wins on surface feel due to the different nibs. What else? Writing would be a function of the OS/tools, right?

Photo Comments

7 months 3 weeks ago #660886 by Photo Junky
I've been in the Microsoft stores and personally don't like how the Surface pen feels.  Perhaps I'm just used to how my Apple Pencil feels. :rofl:

Photo Comments

7 months 3 weeks ago #661033 by ThatNikonGuy
Options is what I was hoping for, however it looks like original one I found is the main sheriff here.  

Frost - what generation Pencil do you have?  New one is awesome in my book. 

Photo Comments

7 months 1 week ago #662267 by NickSano
Will be nice to see  a touch screen Macbook Pro that the Pencil can be used on directly.  Which has me wonder why Apple hasn't gone this route considering the Surface Book success.  

Photo Comments

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm X-T4 was released just a couple of months ago and represents a nice update to the X-T3. In this Fujifilm X-T4 review, we'll discuss specs, features, build, handling, and more.

May 20, 2020

Not sure if the Canon 5Ds R is right for you in 2020? Let us help you decide with this detailed Canon 5Ds R review.

May 20, 2020

Is the Fujifilm GFX 50S medium format camera the right choice for you? Find out in this quick review of its specs, build quality, video capabilities, and more.

May 18, 2020

In the Fujifilm X-T2 vs Fujifulm X-T3 battle, which one comes out on top? These cameras are evenly matched, yet have distinct advantages all their own.

May 05, 2020
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

I have two high-powered laptops on my desk. In this Macbook vs Razer comparison, I'll break these computers down by specs, pros, and cons.

May 27, 2020

There are plenty of items photographers need, including office equipment that improves your workflow, the functionality of your space, and makes you more comfortable.

May 26, 2020

If you're in the market for a new camera strap and you want something custom and handmade, look no further than these custom camera straps from Holdfast.

May 26, 2020

What is a graduated ND filter? Do you know how to use a graduated ND filter? If not, check out this landscape photography tutorial!

May 21, 2020

My favorite drone is the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. But after spending the last few weeks playing with the Mavic Air 2, I've come to the conclusion that it's the best drone you can buy for less than $1,000.

May 21, 2020

There are more ways to carry camera gear than the strap that came with your camera. Give one of these beautiful, well-made, comfortable options a try.

May 20, 2020

The Fujifilm X-T4 was released just a couple of months ago and represents a nice update to the X-T3. In this Fujifilm X-T4 review, we'll discuss specs, features, build, handling, and more.

May 20, 2020

Offering your clients a high-quality photo album is a great idea. Offering them bespoke photo album add-ons is an even better option!

May 20, 2020