Is Canon Pixma Pro-100 a decent printer?

3 months 2 weeks ago #670679 by Kris W
Morning and Merry Christmas guys.  I need a new printer and found a good deal on a used Canon Pixma Pro-100.  The guy is selling with an extra set of ink.  Part of me is wondering why he is selling so low.  He said the printer is only 2 months old.  

In general, is this a good printer? 

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 months 1 week ago #670691 by garyrhook
If you do a bit of searching on B&H and Amazon, you will find many positive comments. And a few negative.

It's a fine printer. It is large, and heavy. You'll need to use it on a regular basis to keep the ink flowing freely.

Since you don't specify the offering price, one can't make any observations about "why he is selling so low." But they're only $350 new.

Photo Comments

3 months 1 week ago #670757 by Kris W
Sorry I'm getting it for $125 and the guy didn't give the specifics on why he is selling.  Yes I saw some reviews on B&H, but wanted to get some opinions here.  

Thank you

Photo Comments

3 months 1 week ago #670789 by garyrhook

Kris W wrote: Sorry I'm getting it for $125 and the guy didn't give the specifics on why he is selling.  Yes I saw some reviews on B&H, but wanted to get some opinions here.  

Thank you

That's a good price for a printer that can handle 13" wide paper.

If you are of a mind to print (which is a Good Thing) then that seems a very inexpensive way to get started. You'll know after a bit whether it's something you wish to continue doing, and can keep buying ink, or sell it to someone else. In the meantime, it's a modest investment, especially with extra ink cartridges.

Don't be shy: print your work.

N.B. You may decide you need a colorimeter to get accurate reproductions.

Photo Comments

3 months 1 week ago #670817 by Ian Stone
Heck yeah, that is very good price. I would jump on it!  

Photo Comments

3 months 1 week ago #670819 by New but trying
It might be so cheap because of the rebates. Canon had a $300 rebate if you bought a camera with it. Seems like a good printer.

Photo Comments

3 months 1 week ago #670906 by Shadowfixer1
Best printer I have owned and I have been printing my own for better than 20 years.

3 months 1 week ago #670907 by New but trying
There's actually a $200 rebate right now. $250 with some paper. Pretty tempting...

Photo Comments

3 months 6 days ago #671304 by Tim Dordeck

New but trying wrote: There's actually a $200 rebate right now. $250 with some paper. Pretty tempting...

Where are you seeing that? Please share.   Thank you

Photo Comments

3 months 6 days ago #671314 by New but trying
Sorry, it looks like that offer is over. I saw it at B&H though.

Photo Comments

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Sony a7S II might be almost five years old, but as you'll see in this Sony a7S II review, it still packs a mighty punch with a small price tag.

Mar 23, 2020

In this Nikon D780 review, learn about the D780's features, specs, video capabilities, and more. Also learn how to score a discounted price on a D780 and how you can extend your gear budget!

Mar 13, 2020

In the Sony a6000 vs Sony a6100 battle, which one comes out on top? One offers a lower price tag while the other has more updated features. Find out which camera is best for you in this buyer's guide.

Mar 13, 2020

The Canon EOS RP is an entry-level camera that has some excellent features. In this Canon EOS RP review, learn all about its pros, cons, features, price, and more!

Mar 03, 2020

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Is Canvas On Demand a good option for getting a canvas print? In this Canvas On Demand review, find out if their products meet their sales pitch of "premium products" or if the canvas falls short.

Apr 09, 2020

Photography bags and camera bags should not only be comfortable to carry, but functional, durable, and help you organize your gear too. These bags do the trick!

Apr 08, 2020

This Max Art Pro canvas print review offers insights into the quality of Max Art Pro canvases, as well as a few things about Max Art Pro, like their products, promo codes, return policy, and more.

Apr 08, 2020

Dragging big, heavy, and complicated lighting gear around simply isn't necessary. With these portable lighting tips, you can get the light you need without the frustration and expenditure of money!

Apr 07, 2020

In this Nations Photo Lab metal print review, learn about the quality of my metal print, as well as details about Nations Photo Lab, Nations Photo Lab products, and much more!

Apr 07, 2020

With these tips for photographing real estate, you'll learn how to prep a home for photos in the springtime for maximum visual appeal.

Apr 07, 2020

Shutterfly is a household name for photographic prints. In this Shutterfly metal print review, find out if this popular Shutterfly product is a must or if you should skip it.

Apr 06, 2020

The mirrorless vs. DSLR debate has raged for years. So which one is best for 2020? Find out in this camera gear comparison guide.

Apr 06, 2020