sRGB or Adobe RGB

2 months 2 weeks ago #682712 by Tanner Bello
Morning guys, just exploring things, when you are setting up things in camera are you using sRGB or Adobe RGB?

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 2 weeks ago #682722 by Nikon Shooter
The question is irrelevant if you shoot RAW — this
format has no colour space. Shooting jpg for web
or print, the 1998 colour space is appropriate.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
Photo Comments

2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #682723 by G Vernon
I start off with Adobe RGB set in the camera.
When posting online to social sites i convert to Srgb while in Photoshop cc.
If printing i stay in Adobe RGB to take advantage of the larger / stretched colour spectrum.

Photo Comments

2 months 2 weeks ago #682726 by garyrhook
Use the widest color gamut possible, in all settings, until you export images for display. It just makes things easier.

That said, for RAW, the only effect the setting has is on the embedded JPG preview.

If you're shooting JPG, then sRGB.

Photo Comments

2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #682928 by bijutoha
I always wondered about this subject. Thank you for your answer G Vernon . (I feel you have some of the best explanation)  I usually use PS, I edit my photos and I export in sRGB 100% of the time.

A graphic designer. I do, photo post-processing
Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: G Vernon

2 months 2 weeks ago #682930 by Nikon Shooter

G Vernon wrote: I start off with Adobe RGB set in the camera.

Only valid if not shooting RAW. The default colour space will
be applied — or options suggested — when opening in editor.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
Photo Comments

2 months 2 weeks ago #682961 by G Vernon
Some people still shoot .jpg :-)

Photo Comments

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

In this Nikon D500 vs Nikon D7500 matchup, we explore the features and specs, pros and cons, and prices of these older, but highly capable DSLRs.

Jun 22, 2020

Check out this Sony a7R IV review to learn all about this incredible camera's specs, features, image quality, price, and more.

Jun 15, 2020

The Panasonic Lumix S1 might be a few years old, but its features and specs (and its used price today) make it worth a long, hard look.

Jun 08, 2020

In this Olympus OM-D E-M1 II review, learn about the camera's specs and features, pros and cons, price, and much more.

Jun 02, 2020

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The H&Y RevoRing is a revolutionary new variable step ring that will save you money, time, and space in your camera bag!

Jul 08, 2020

The Nikon Z7 is one of Nikon's most popular cameras. Because of its popularity, there are many accessories available as well. Here's our list of some of the best ones.

Jul 06, 2020

In the Canon EOS 80d vs Canon EOS 90D debate, you might think that the 90D is a hands-down winner since it's newer. But that might not be the case.

Jul 06, 2020

Using these marketing ideas for photographers, you can reach potential clients in an authentic way, and do so without spending a dime.

Jul 03, 2020

Getting started in nude photography is all about being comfortable with yourself as a photographer. Get some basic tips for starting your nude photography career!

Jul 03, 2020

The Nikon Z6 has been out for two years, and in that time, its pros and cons have become very clear. Get a rundown of the Nikon Z6 features and price in this quick review.

Jul 02, 2020

While travel is restricted in 2020, there are still opportunities to attend photography workshops in 2020 and 2021. Start planning now for your adventure later!

Jul 02, 2020

tripod alternatives, how to stabilize your camera, camera stabilization techniques, bean bags for cameras, mini tripod, how to shoot without a tripod

Jul 01, 2020