Photoshop and Lightroom on a PC with Windows 10??

5 months 5 days ago #689345 by Linda Duncan
I'm thinking about moving away from Mac to PC.  I have concerns about running Photoshop and Lightroom.  How different is it?  I keep hearing that many or depending on who you are speaking too, most photographers use Macs, because they are better for creative people.

Those that edit on a PC, are there things you don't like about editing on a PC?

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 months 5 days ago #689350 by Shadowfixer1
Very minor differences. Biggest difference I can think of is on a PC you use the ALT key and on Mac you use OPTION key. The transition should be rather smooth. 

5 months 4 days ago #689370 by Sanford
:agree:  that's all there is

Photo Comments

5 months 4 days ago #689372 by garyrhook

Linda Duncan wrote: I'm thinking about moving away from Mac to PC.  I have concerns about running Photoshop and Lightroom.  How different is it?  I keep hearing that many or depending on who you are speaking too, most photographers use Macs, because they are better for creative people.

Those that edit on a PC, are there things you don't like about editing on a PC?

Define "better"?

Some might not describe me as "creative" but I've been using Windows for multiple decades now, and it's a tool. Nothing more. As soon as you compare LR/PS, the differences disappear (aside from the alt vs. option issue). The editing experience is the same, all else (horsepower, etc) being equal.

I tried using a Mac once (for work, over a year) and really didn't care for it. Have you used a Windows PC? You may not like Windows.

Photo Comments

5 months 4 days ago #689373 by Nikon Shooter
I do have some students on PC but most are on Mac.

When I work on their PC screen, through TeamViewer,
I feel most uncomfortable with the over complicated
interface's layout. Possibly too easy to adapt!

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments

5 months 12 hours ago #689763 by Neil Dulay
Agree, "better" is tough because this is so based on person experience and preferences.  Me, I like the flow of the Mac.  

Photo Comments

4 months 2 weeks ago #690655 by saponcpa
If you are using Adobe photoshop premium version Creative Cloud All Apps, then you use this software both device PC or MAC. Wherever you use adobe photoshop MAC or PC, remember your MAC or Desktop PC should have a high graphics card, Core i7 install. Then you get a better performance.

Thank you   

3 months 3 days ago #694883 by shelleymorris
Hello Linda

If you have a good configuration then you should use any tools. As a Windows user, I love and prefer to use Lightroom. Actually, Lightroom much quicker than Photoshop. 

Thanks

2 months 1 week ago #696888 by robertsmith19
It totally depends on you. Photoshop and Lightroom are both made for pc and Mac. There is no big difference in that. In higher version Pc you will get a great user experience

Photo Comments

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Sony a7 II might be five years old, but it still has features and specs that are well worth the price in 2020.

Nov 24, 2020

The Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS100 might be four years old, but it still packs a punch for photographers looking for a feature-rich point-and-shoot camera.

Nov 23, 2020

The GoPro Hero 8 Black has since been replaced with the Hero 9 Black, but it's still a feature-rich action camera with plenty of mods to make it a great camera for you.

Nov 16, 2020

The Sony a9 II is a feature-rich full frame camera with superb image quality and video performance. In this review, learn all about its specs and capabilities.

Nov 12, 2020
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Holdfast Roamographer collection includes one of our favorite leather camera bags of all time. But now you can also get a leather wallet, leather boots, and a henley to complete the look!

Dec 03, 2020

Rear lens filters are a great tool for photographers with telephoto lenses. Get all the details on what rear lens filters are in this tutorial.

Dec 03, 2020

Now that Apple is making its own chips, is the Apple Mac Mini M1 worthy of your money? All signs point to yes. Get all the details in this first impression guide to the Mac Mini M1.

Dec 02, 2020

If you need gift ideas for photographers, consider a photography gift card as a prime option from one of these popular retailers.

Dec 02, 2020

The importance of a tripod cannot be understated. Even having a tripod alternative is important too. In this guide, we discuss various tripod options you need in your bag.

Dec 02, 2020

Now that Apple is using its own silicon, the question is, are their M1 laptops any good? First impressions are that they are VERY good!

Dec 01, 2020

If you're after a cheap laptop for yourself or someone on your holiday shopping list, you might consider one of these computers under $500.

Nov 25, 2020

With these family portrait tips, you'll learn a few strategies for taking much-improved Thanksgiving family portraits.

Nov 24, 2020