Batch Saving Images of various crops to meet Instagrams sizing restraints (HELP)

2 years 1 month ago #698790 by hare0103
So I crop images with a variety of orientations, most being 4x5, followed by 2x3, 1x1, etc.  I am familiar with exporting images at various sizes and exporting for corresponding usage (web, print, social media) but when I want to export all to work within Instagram's restraints for sharing multiple images, I have to individually bring them into Photoshop and copy them to a 1080x1350 canvas (IG sizing) and then save that jpeg (with white borders, usually 4x5.)This isnt MUCH of a problem when I just have a few images I'm doing that with but if I am delivering several dozen to clients, it becomes quite tedious doing this process with each individual image. I am wondering, is there some way I can export images of multiple orientations to meet a canvas requirement (1080x1350) and adding the borders accordingly?It seems like a simple concept but I simply cannot figure out an efficient solution. Is there a way to batch resize images irregardless of their orientation to meet one size demand in Photoshop? Is the easiest way to use an app? I don't want to tell each client to download one. I'd rather just send the files ready to go. Anyone that can provide insight on this particular issue would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

(see various cropped images exported at 1080x1350 below)
(

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

In this Nikon D5 vs D850 comparison, we take a look at the specs, features, and capabilities of these cameras so you can decide which one is right for you.

Sep 29, 2022

The Panasonic Lumix FZ300 is an older camera, but has modern capabilities like 4K video that make it a great option for today's photographers.

Sep 13, 2022

The Sony Alpha 7c mirrorless digital camera is a compact full frame rig that is an excellent introduction to shooting with a full frame body.

Aug 25, 2022

In this Sony Alpha a6000 mirrorless digital camera review, get the scoop on this camera's specs and features, and learn why it's a great beginner camera.

Jul 05, 2022
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Many photographers choose to carry a lens bag for their glass. But what about a lens pouch as an alternative? In this guide, learn the differences between the two.

Dec 06, 2022

If you need to level up the services you provide to your clients, the professional photo print options from Printique are an excellent place to start.

Dec 06, 2022

Hahnemühle paper is an ultra-high-quality type of paper used for digital prints that offers several types to choose from, enabling you to tailor the look of your images.

Dec 05, 2022

If you have a Nikon Z50 or are considering buying one, save a little money to also invest in one of these Nikon Z50 lenses - none of which will break your budget!

Dec 02, 2022

Despite being a couple of years old, the Panasonic S5 specs still offer you plenty of firepower for photo and video work. Get the details in this quick guide!

Dec 02, 2022

There are many photography accessories you can add to your kit, but one of the best of the bunch is the small, portable, and multi-functional Octopad.

Dec 01, 2022

There are many types of paper prints. The question is, which type is best for your needs? Use this guide on paper printing types to help you decide!

Dec 01, 2022

Photography home decor is a fantastic way to display your images in your own home and is a great promotional item to offer your clients as well.

Nov 23, 2022