How much RAM for running Adobe Premiere?

5 months 1 week ago #736442 by Tanner Bello
I'll be getting into video editing this summer.  Actually as soon as I update my MacBook.  How much RAM would you recommend to run Adobe Premiere 16, 32 or 64gb?  

:thx2:

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 months 1 week ago #736449 by Nikon Shooter
Video editing is very processing power and RAM hungry for smooth
real time operations, VERY!

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments

5 months 1 week ago #736539 by Ted Helm
I'd go with at least 32gb, 64gb if you have the budget

Photo Comments

5 months 1 week ago #736635 by J Photo Man
I have 32GB and it works just fine for my needs.  

Photo Comments

5 months 1 week ago #736670 by Kenta
I have 16 with mine and it's OK, but my computer really gets hot

Photo Comments

5 months 6 days ago #736769 by Scuba Mike
So I have a question on this: if you are using a web editor, would you need all the RAM?  

Photo Comments

5 months 6 days ago #736821 by EOS Man

Scuba Mike wrote: So I have a question on this: if you are using a web editor, would you need all the RAM?  

Never used an online editor.  I use FCPX, and with this, I have 32GB in my computer.   I wish at times I had 64!

5D Mark II | 50mm f/1.4 EX | 24-70mm f/2.8L | 70-200mm f/2.8L | 430EX
Photo Comments

5 months 4 days ago #736945 by ShutterGuy
32gb is what I have and have had no issues, but then again I don't do much heavy lifting with my computer.  

Photo Comments

4 months 2 weeks ago #737867 by Norse Photographer
My machine has 16gb

4 months 1 day ago #738587 by Addicted2Photos
I have 32gb in mine.  Next machine will get 64.  

Photo Comments

3 months 1 week ago #739330 by Eli Clark
Are you guys finding with M1 or M2 chip that the amount of RAM needed is still the same?  

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

In this Nikon D5 vs D850 comparison, we take a look at the specs, features, and capabilities of these cameras so you can decide which one is right for you.

Sep 29, 2022

The Panasonic Lumix FZ300 is an older camera, but has modern capabilities like 4K video that make it a great option for today's photographers.

Sep 13, 2022

The Sony Alpha 7c mirrorless digital camera is a compact full frame rig that is an excellent introduction to shooting with a full frame body.

Aug 25, 2022

In this Sony Alpha a6000 mirrorless digital camera review, get the scoop on this camera's specs and features, and learn why it's a great beginner camera.

Jul 05, 2022

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Our 2022 list of the best gifts for photographers under $1,000 includes everything from cameras to bags to data backups. Check the list and start shopping!

Sep 29, 2022

In this Nikon D5 vs D850 comparison, we take a look at the specs, features, and capabilities of these cameras so you can decide which one is right for you.

Sep 29, 2022

The metal vs canvas prints debate is an interesting one. Which type is best for your photos? In this guide, we give you several criteria to help you decide.

Sep 28, 2022

The Canon EOS RP specs don’t compare to high-end full frame cameras. However, this camera is still well-equipped and is a great buy for entry-level shooters.

Sep 27, 2022

A modern wall art display is a beautiful addition to a home or business. In this beginner tutorial, learn some quick and simple tips for creating a display

Sep 26, 2022

The new GoPro Hero 11 look exactly like its predecessor, but under the hood are a ton of changes, including a new sensor, that make the Hero 11 a major upgrade.

Sep 22, 2022

You can get a portrait print in any size you like, on various papers, and in multiple orientations. The question is, what’s best for your particular image?

Sep 21, 2022

By using wholesale photography products, you can offer your clients beautiful products and give them more choice while giving yourself room for a nice profit.

Sep 21, 2022