Laptop screen size for photo/video editing

1 year 6 months ago #743922 by Esseff
Gonna be doing some travelling in a few months to photograph a mate doing what he does. I'm thinking a laptop is gonna be handy so I can edit and organise photos during downtime. I'd love a 17" but I know that 15" might be a lot easier to travel with.

For those of you that travel and take a laptop along with you what size do you use and why did you pick that size? Just curious. Also, I'm not looking for brand or OS recommendations, this is really just about size.

1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #743953 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day mate

My one and only computer is my old 2nd-hand HP Laptop !
As we travel in the motorhome around Oz for 8+/- months annually, and live in a small unit when we are at home, size and space is critical to me / us.

I've just run a ruler over the screen -- diagonal is 15-1/2 inches / 39 cm (a far easier number to talk about !!)

The rest of the laptop is unexciting ... the original 250Gb Hdd was upped to a 1Tb drive and it has Win-10 (Urrrrrgh!!!) and 4Gb RAM ... making it slow lots of the time but I have to live with its "exciting" performance

Before getting the HP (2-3 yrs ago) I used a Toshiba laptop, a 13" screen and WIn-7, and it went beautifully for over a decade
btw- Software is PS Elements, the old version on the Toshy was a damn site better screen / toolbar operations than the current "waste of time" that has been dumbed down with its silly screens etc.

Hope this helps
Phil

Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

The following user(s) said Thank You: Esseff
1 year 6 months ago #743988 by RIPbiker13
I do video and photo editing and posting constantly. I use a 15.5" HP laptop tablet hybrid. Touch screen, whole things folds back and can be touch screen only or like a traditional laptop. I don't often, but can store in on the motorcycle if I need to. I travel with it often. Ryzen 7, Radeon AMD graphics. Not a gaming PC, but it does the job well. 

1 year 6 months ago #744005 by db3348
My laptop is 15.4" ,  so chosen because 13" model was too small for comfortable viewing , and 17" option too much (weight) for my carry-on luggage .

Photo Comments
1 year 6 months ago #744158 by Gammill
Yeah, 15" for me.  Frankly just don't need anything larger.  

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024