Laptop screen size for photo/video editing

2 months 1 week ago #743922 by Esseff
Gonna be doing some travelling in a few months to photograph a mate doing what he does. I'm thinking a laptop is gonna be handy so I can edit and organise photos during downtime. I'd love a 17" but I know that 15" might be a lot easier to travel with.

For those of you that travel and take a laptop along with you what size do you use and why did you pick that size? Just curious. Also, I'm not looking for brand or OS recommendations, this is really just about size.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 1 week ago #743953 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day mate

My one and only computer is my old 2nd-hand HP Laptop !
As we travel in the motorhome around Oz for 8+/- months annually, and live in a small unit when we are at home, size and space is critical to me / us.

I've just run a ruler over the screen -- diagonal is 15-1/2 inches / 39 cm (a far easier number to talk about !!)

The rest of the laptop is unexciting ... the original 250Gb Hdd was upped to a 1Tb drive and it has Win-10 (Urrrrrgh!!!) and 4Gb RAM ... making it slow lots of the time but I have to live with its "exciting" performance

Before getting the HP (2-3 yrs ago) I used a Toshiba laptop, a 13" screen and WIn-7, and it went beautifully for over a decade
btw- Software is PS Elements, the old version on the Toshy was a damn site better screen / toolbar operations than the current "waste of time" that has been dumbed down with its silly screens etc.

Hope this helps
Phil

Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

The following user(s) said Thank You: Esseff

2 months 1 week ago #743988 by RIPbiker13
I do video and photo editing and posting constantly. I use a 15.5" HP laptop tablet hybrid. Touch screen, whole things folds back and can be touch screen only or like a traditional laptop. I don't often, but can store in on the motorcycle if I need to. I travel with it often. Ryzen 7, Radeon AMD graphics. Not a gaming PC, but it does the job well. 

2 months 1 week ago #744005 by db3348
My laptop is 15.4" ,  so chosen because 13" model was too small for comfortable viewing , and 17" option too much (weight) for my carry-on luggage .

Photo Comments

2 months 4 days ago #744158 by Gammill
Yeah, 15" for me.  Frankly just don't need anything larger.  

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

In this Nikon D5 vs D850 comparison, we take a look at the specs, features, and capabilities of these cameras so you can decide which one is right for you.

Sep 29, 2022

The Panasonic Lumix FZ300 is an older camera, but has modern capabilities like 4K video that make it a great option for today's photographers.

Sep 13, 2022

The Sony Alpha 7c mirrorless digital camera is a compact full frame rig that is an excellent introduction to shooting with a full frame body.

Aug 25, 2022

In this Sony Alpha a6000 mirrorless digital camera review, get the scoop on this camera's specs and features, and learn why it's a great beginner camera.

Jul 05, 2022
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Many photographers choose to carry a lens bag for their glass. But what about a lens pouch as an alternative? In this guide, learn the differences between the two.

Dec 06, 2022

If you need to level up the services you provide to your clients, the professional photo print options from Printique are an excellent place to start.

Dec 06, 2022

Hahnemühle paper is an ultra-high-quality type of paper used for digital prints that offers several types to choose from, enabling you to tailor the look of your images.

Dec 05, 2022

If you have a Nikon Z50 or are considering buying one, save a little money to also invest in one of these Nikon Z50 lenses - none of which will break your budget!

Dec 02, 2022

Despite being a couple of years old, the Panasonic S5 specs still offer you plenty of firepower for photo and video work. Get the details in this quick guide!

Dec 02, 2022

There are many photography accessories you can add to your kit, but one of the best of the bunch is the small, portable, and multi-functional Octopad.

Dec 01, 2022

There are many types of paper prints. The question is, which type is best for your needs? Use this guide on paper printing types to help you decide!

Dec 01, 2022

Photography home decor is a fantastic way to display your images in your own home and is a great promotional item to offer your clients as well.

Nov 23, 2022