Would like a website to show case my photos

10 years 5 months ago #5001 by Tuscany
Are there any recommended website kits, or cookie cutter websites specifically for photographers who want to show case their photos? I'm no pro, but as I get better I would like to have a website I can tell people about to go and view my work.

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 5 months ago #5003 by Solstar
I used www.wix.com which has a lot of pre-made stuff for photogs plus you can create your own from scratch as I did. It's all drag and drop though there is some learning curve involved. You can see mine at www.foto.cr Cheers

10 years 5 months ago #5004 by Tuscany

Solstar wrote: I used www.wix.com which has a lot of pre-made stuff for photogs plus you can create your own from scratch as I did. It's all drag and drop though there is some learning curve involved. You can see mine at www.foto.cr Cheers

Oh this is perfect. Thanks for the tip :)

Photo Comments

10 years 5 months ago #5040 by deewun
Give Pbase.com a look. They have a number of templates for display and their terms are very reasonable. www.pbase.com/deewun/portraits is an example.

10 years 5 months ago #5059 by Jorelskid
I use smugmug pro. Its 180ish a year but that lets you sell photos. It had paid for itself the last 3 year plus. Not the most user friendly to set up but. Its nice people can buy photos and they print them and send them. and i get money.

10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #5785 by lfortier
I use SmugMug Pro also but they offer other variations that cost considerably less. They also have the best Help Desk in the industry. I've never waited longer than 10 minutes for a personal reply!

If you signup, use my url ( www.leefortier.com ) in the 'referred by' box and save yourself some money.

Good luck in your search.

Lee
www.leefortier.com

10 years 5 months ago #6748 by dawnphotography
When I was first starting out I used www.photoreflect to showcase my work and it was a great site where clients could go look at their images as well. And it's free.
I also use Redbubble.com to sell work. You can post your images in your gallery there, mark up their base price and try to make a bit of money on the side. It is also a free site to use..they only want their base price...but no money is ever coming out of your pocket. The only set back to that site is it seems like more of a photographers network space as well as a good place to showcase but it's not always a major selling area. I've sold a few items now but they don't send you your check till you make a certain amount. Either way, it's still a good site to use. Oh..and you don't have to sell your items..you can click the not for sale tab.
I hope this helps!

Dawn
www.dawnphotography.ca

10 years 5 months ago #7266 by heathercaptured
I use paradepro.com very user friendly to set up and you can showcase 150 photos for $9 a month....

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Panasonic S1H is a video-first mirrorless camera that debuted in 2020. Learn all about its specs, features, price, and more in this comprehensive review.

Apr 21, 2021

In this Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark III review, learn all about its specs, features, video capabilities, price, and more.

Apr 15, 2021

The Canon PowerShot G7 X II is a few years old now, but does it still hold up as a solid point-and-shoot camera in 2021? Let's find out!

Apr 14, 2021

The Sony a5000 is quite a few years old now, but it still offers specs and features that make it a good entry-level camera.

Apr 07, 2021

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

When printing your photos, you might consider one of these beautiful metal print options to make your image that much more impressive.

Apr 21, 2021

The Panasonic S1H is a video-first mirrorless camera that debuted in 2020. Learn all about its specs, features, price, and more in this comprehensive review.

Apr 21, 2021

If you're like me, you have tons of old photos you need to sort through. This means you'll need to restore faded photos, cull bad photos, and backup digital files.

Apr 20, 2021

There are many ways to upgrade your camera - but typically they come at a cost. Try these budget-friendly photography accessories instead.

Apr 20, 2021

Losing photography clients might be the result of any number of mistakes you're making. Learn how to keep your clients happy with these tips.

Apr 19, 2021

Learning how to position lights for photography will give you the skills you need to take better quality portraits, products photos, and much more.

Apr 19, 2021

Using these street photography techniques, you'll learn how to improve the quality of your candid images and create color or black and white images that impress.

Apr 15, 2021

In this beginner photography gear guide, learn about the essential items you need in your kit to enhance your ability to take high-quality photos.

Apr 15, 2021