Using Expired Film

12 years 4 months ago #179580 by Baydream

Stealthy Ninja wrote: This thread makes me feel like it's 1995. :blink:

But you were only 7 then :rofl:

Borrow an old film camera and shoot a couple of rolls. It'll make a man out of you. JK :banana:

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 4 months ago #179588 by Stealthy Ninja

Baydream wrote:

Borrow an old film camera and shoot a couple of rolls. It'll make a man out of you. JK :banana:

I've told you before I'm 120 years old John. Get with the program sir. :banana:

Also, some cultures believe getting your teeth chiseled into sharp points (without any anesthesia) will make a man outta you too. :pinch:
12 years 4 months ago #179863 by Bob Eaton

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Baydream wrote:

I've told you before I'm 120 years old John. Get with the program sir. :banana:

Also, some cultures believe getting your teeth chiseled into sharp points (without any anesthesia) will make a man outta you too. :pinch:

OUCH!!!!! That`s gotta smart!!!!!! :rofl:

Nothing is Beatleproof!!!!!!!!!
12 years 4 months ago #179868 by Rob pix4u2
Some days I miss film so much I go out and shoot a couple rolls just for the grins

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

12 years 4 months ago #179879 by rmeyer7
I've got some expired rolls of film and an old Nikon film camera sitting round...reading this thread makes me want to go use it!

12 years 4 months ago #180005 by icepics
Go for it! And now the truth comes out - you guys using digital and pining away for film... LOL

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 4 months ago #180024 by McBeth Photography

icepics wrote: Go for it! And now the truth comes out - you guys using digital and pining away for film... LOL

Bingo! lol. ;)

It is what it is.
12 years 4 months ago #180061 by Baydream

McBeth Photography wrote:

icepics wrote: Go for it! And now the truth comes out - you guys using digital and pining away for film... LOL

Bingo! lol. ;)

:agree: Every all-digital photographer should have to shoot one roll a month to learn humility :unsure:
And a roll of B&W to learn tonality.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 4 months ago #180296 by icepics
Ansel Adams would be proud.

Speaking of... was reading that Adams corresponded with Edwin Land when he was first making Polaroid cameras, and Adams got famous artists & photographers to use the 'new' cameras for a collection. I never knew that or would have put those two together.

I've gotten interested in Polaroids lately, the fun with those used to be watching the picture develop right before your eyes. Maybe that's one thing I like about working in the darkroom, sliding the paper into the developer and watching the image appear.

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 4 months ago #180315 by Bob Eaton

icepics wrote: Ansel Adams would be proud.

Speaking of... was reading that Adams corresponded with Edwin Land when he was first making Polaroid cameras, and Adams got famous artists & photographers to use the 'new' cameras for a collection. I never knew that or would have put those two together.

I've gotten interested in Polaroids lately, the fun with those used to be watching the picture develop right before your eyes. Maybe that's one thing I like about working in the darkroom, sliding the paper into the developer and watching the image appear.

:goodpost:

12 years 4 months ago #180363 by Stealthy Ninja

Maybe older people are. I know enough to know that digital has gone past film many years ago. Like I said on another thread. It's only because people miss/like the process or can't afford a digital camera (or don't like to learn new tech I suppose). Nothing wrong with this, but digital is clearly superior.
12 years 4 months ago #180365 by Stealthy Ninja

icepics wrote: I've gotten interested in Polaroids lately, the fun with those used to be watching the picture develop right before your eyes.

LOL so you're secretly pining for digital then. :thumbsup: We get to see the pictures "develop" instantly. :whistle:
12 years 4 months ago #181065 by icepics
It's the experience too. But I'm not sure if you'd get it, your viewpoint on photography doesn't seem to be all that broad. Look at something like www.alternativephotography.com ; it isn't mainstream but there are photographers working in a variety of media. Digital is probably more cost-effective or practical for many working photographers; I don't enjoy working on the computer that much; I like working in crafts that are more hands-on.

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 4 months ago #181097 by Bob Eaton

icepics wrote: It's the experience too. But I'm not sure if you'd get it, your viewpoint on photography doesn't seem to be all that broad. Look at something like www.alternativephotography.com ; it isn't mainstream but there are photographers working in a variety of media. Digital is probably more cost-effective or practical for many working photographers; I don't enjoy working on the computer that much; I like working in crafts that are more hands-on.

Thank you!!!!! I could`nt have said it better!!!!!!! :agree: :judge: ;) :goodpost:

12 years 4 months ago #181580 by Henry Peach

Baydream wrote: Bingo! lol. ;)

:agree: Every all-digital photographer should have to shoot one roll a month to learn humility :unsure:[/quote]

Every film photographer should be required to process and print occasionally instead of letting automated lab machines take care of it.

"You press the button - We do the rest." -George Eastman

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Latest Articles

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024