Getting Photos Published

9 years 10 months ago #89883 by steveheap
Tagging (which means adding a title, description and some keywords to the image) really helps. I have some photos of Warsaw on my photography website and I mainly keep that site to show off my best images to friends and relatives, but I do tag each image. Someone managed to find my site through a search and bought $90 worth of prints (it was on SmugMug). So, putting the effort into helping people find your images really works wonders!

Steve
The image below was requested at 16x20.

My Stock Photo Blog
www.backyardsilver.com

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 9 months ago #106760 by linda68
silly question i know lol but i live in the uk will that be a problem for photographers direct... i.e payment is in dollars?

9 years 9 months ago #106773 by steveheap
That is a good question. I think you can buy images from Smugmug in the UK. Would you mind having a look at this image from Shropshire and click on the "Buy" button to see if it offers to accept payment in pounds rather than dollars?

Of course, you don't have to buy it for real!!

Steve

My Stock Photo Blog
www.backyardsilver.com

9 years 9 months ago #106816 by kcphotography
Iv had some images published but not in magazines or newspapers, iv never tried getting them published.

I was contacted by DAC Danish Architecture Centre on flickr, they wanted to use some of my images for the UN Climate Conference in Copenhagen December 2009.
The exhibition was shown at Bella Center which is the venue for the climate conference and where the politicians and the government officials negotiate during the summit.

My photos were used as part of the exhibition at the actual venue for the climate conference and at satellite exhibitions in five major Danish cities.

Iv also had some of my images used by the ford fiesta for a tv ad, a few years ago now .

9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #106817 by steveheap
I started with Microstock about 3 years ago, and have built that into a useful extra income stream. Not enough to live on, but certainly a worthwhile use of my time. I recently wrote an eBook about how to get into Stock Photography , which is aimed at beginners wondering how to get started on selling your images.

Steve

My Stock Photo Blog
www.backyardsilver.com

9 years 9 months ago #106833 by Baydream

steveheap wrote: I started with Microstock about 3 years ago, and have built that into a useful extra income stream. Not enough to live on, but certainly a worthwhile use of my time. I recently wrote an eBook about how to get into Stock Photography , which is aimed at beginners wondering how to get started on selling your images.

Steve

And WELL worth the price.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: steveheap

9 years 9 months ago #106863 by linda68

steveheap wrote: That is a good question. I think you can buy images from Smugmug in the UK. Would you mind having a look at this image from Shropshire and click on the "Buy" button to see if it offers to accept payment in pounds rather than dollars?

Of course, you don't have to buy it for real!!

Steve

its in dollars only :(

9 years 9 months ago #106870 by steveheap
Ahh. I have been looking at a Smugmug forum as well, and it appears that a UK based printer has been promised for 2 years, but is still not available. A number of photographers are moving to Zenfolio at a result. I have shipped some images to an address in the UK, but the transaction was done from the US end and would have naturally been in dollars.

Steve

My Stock Photo Blog
www.backyardsilver.com

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

In this Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark III review, learn all about its specs, features, video capabilities, price, and more.

Apr 15, 2021

The Canon PowerShot G7 X II is a few years old now, but does it still hold up as a solid point-and-shoot camera in 2021? Let's find out!

Apr 14, 2021

The Sony a5000 is quite a few years old now, but it still offers specs and features that make it a good entry-level camera.

Apr 07, 2021

In this Panasonic DMC-FZ2500 review, learn about this camera's specs, features, video capabilities, price, and much more.

Apr 06, 2021
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

If you're like me, you have tons of old photos you need to sort through. This means you'll need to restore faded photos, cull bad photos, and backup digital files.

Apr 20, 2021

There are many ways to upgrade your camera - but typically they come at a cost. Try these budget-friendly photography accessories instead.

Apr 20, 2021

Losing photography clients might be the result of any number of mistakes you're making. Learn how to keep your clients happy with these tips.

Apr 19, 2021

Learning how to position lights for photography will give you the skills you need to take better quality portraits, products photos, and much more.

Apr 19, 2021

Using these street photography techniques, you'll learn how to improve the quality of your candid images and create color or black and white images that impress.

Apr 15, 2021

In this beginner photography gear guide, learn about the essential items you need in your kit to enhance your ability to take high-quality photos.

Apr 15, 2021

Use this real estate photography pricing guide to help you set your prices and earn a good living as a real estate photography expert.

Apr 15, 2021

In this Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark III review, learn all about its specs, features, video capabilities, price, and more.

Apr 15, 2021