The voting has begun... I could use your help.

12 years 4 months ago #172301 by photobod
I double checked and it has a green tick with I voted next to it !!! hope thats correct

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 4 months ago #172902 by chasrich
I moved into tenth place for an hour then number eleven passed me... Every vote helps at this stage. Help me crush the competition and give me a vote if you have a second. apps.facebook.com/promotionshq/contests/...ble_entries/36309651

Thanks Troops!

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #173362 by chasrich
Today and tomorrow are the last days to vote. I promise never to do this again...

Please vote if you can. Thanks. :thumbsup:

apps.facebook.com/promotionshq/contests/...ble_entries/36309651

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 4 months ago #173364 by photobod

chasrich wrote: Today and tomorrow are the last days to vote. I promise never to do this again...

Please vote if you can. Thanks. :thumbsup:

apps.facebook.com/promotionshq/contests/...ble_entries/36309651

Let us know how it goes Charles, I put out a call to all my friends to vote for you, hope they did, good luck.

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 4 months ago #173392 by chasrich
Thanks David. I think the vote counter is stuck. I've had a lot of friends say they voted but nothing is changing on the contest page. At least I'm not losing ground... :woohoo:

I hope to do OK. I heard from one person that knew some of the competition from other contests. She mentioned two names (both in the top ten) that cheat like crazy. One girl is said to have 60 email addys she votes with while the other tries to report the competition and get them banned. I think half my friends have gotten mad at me for all of my posts asking for votes. Seriously, if I get a camera out of the deal it is still not worth it. I might change my mind IF I do win... LOL.

Thanks again David.

12 years 4 months ago #173411 by icepics
That's the drawback probably to the contests where people vote, always somebody who comes up with a way to stack it in their favor. Some of your photos are getting good enough next time you might do well entering something judged by photographers or a call to artists. Good luck, and if nothing else maybe it'll be a learning experience, if not winning the camera (fingers crossed).

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 4 months ago #173449 by chasrich
Actually the final vote will be by judges... The trick is getting into the top ten. The cheaters have images that I should be able to beat if judged fairly (IMHO of course:whistle: ). In a way they are lessening the competition. Time will tell and I'm getting used to typing with my fingers crossed... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks Sharon for the compliment. I'm still working to improve.

12 years 4 months ago #173460 by effron
I couldn't vote, I don't do facebook. What kind of camera do you win?

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
12 years 4 months ago #173486 by chasrich
Grand Prize

Olympus E-P3 PEN w/14-42 Lens ($1,000.00)
This version of the E-P3 includes an ED 14-42mm II R f/3.5-5.6 zoom lens.
Please note: Winner can choose between the camera or equivalent value in B&H gift cards.

2nd Prize
Olympus E-PL3 w/14-42 Lens ($750.00)
Please note: Winner can choose between the camera or equivalent value in B&H gift cards.

3rd Prize
Olympus E-PM1 w/14-42 Lens ($500.00)

12 years 4 months ago #173488 by lesanne45
beautiful. I voted

lesannesphotography.com
12 years 4 months ago #173527 by chasrich
Thank you so much Lesanne. :thumbsup:

12 years 4 months ago #173566 by chasrich
Finally, it is the last day for voting. Thanks for everyone putting up with my campaign. I seem to be firmly entrenched at seventh place now. I hope to finish and win a prize.

12 years 4 months ago #173684 by mazz1956
Got my vote Charles. Good luck to you!

Joanne

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024