RIP ShyAnne

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #184915 by Baydream
RIP our sweet Shy Anne. You gave us many great years with your
waggly tail and sweet face. We will miss you.
1/1/99 - 12/27/11
She shared a great 7 years with us.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
Attachments:
12 years 3 months ago #184920 by backh0me652
awww what a beautiful dog.

12 years 3 months ago #184932 by McBeth Photography
It's never easy to lose a friend, My condolences John.

It is what it is.
12 years 3 months ago #184949 by PT Admin
Such a sweet looking dog. R.I.P. Shy Anne.

New to the forum? Please read the forum rules at www.photographytalk.com/terms-of-use
12 years 3 months ago #184965 by Dori
So sorry for your loss.

R.I.P ShyAnne

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 3 months ago #184967 by TheNissanMan
It's never easy when a pet passes away, I had the same last year and know exactly what you are going through.

I posted on another forum at that time and a kind member posted a great poem by an unknown author in which I found great solace...

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

12 years 3 months ago #184975 by Baydream

TheNissanMan wrote: It's never easy when a pet passes away, I had the same last year and know exactly what you are going through.

I posted on another forum at that time and a kind member posted a great poem by an unknown author in which I found great solace...

Rainbow Bridge

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

That is absolutely beautiful and reassuring. Thank you.

Photo Comments
12 years 3 months ago #184979 by Dori

Baydream wrote:

TheNissanMan wrote: It's never easy when a pet passes away, I had the same last year and know exactly what you are going through.

Rainbow Bridge

That is absolutely beautiful and reassuring. Thank you.

I agree. I have heard of the Rainbow Bridge but never knew the entire story. Thanks for sharing!

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 3 months ago #185025 by rmeyer7
What a beautiful dog ShyAnne was. They're sometimes the most loyal friends we have and enrich our lives so much. My condolences for your loss.

12 years 3 months ago #185102 by Baydream

rmeyer7 wrote: What a beautiful dog ShyAnne was. They're sometimes the most loyal friends we have and enrich our lives so much. My condolences for your loss.

Thank you. We already miss her, even her "sissy", our 9 yr old Golden.

ShyAnne was second from the left and Jessie is fourth from the left (blue collar). We had a Golden Day at the Beach with 11 (nine made the photo). One passed away a few days later from cancer and now Shy from old age. What a memory.

Photo Comments
Attachments:
12 years 3 months ago #185123 by robbie
Sorry for your loss John,ShyAnne was a member of your family so it`s a very difficult time for you and the family.
RIP ShyAnne.

12 years 3 months ago #185124 by Screamin Scott
My sympathies John. I've been there & I know how hard it is. After all, they are family....

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
12 years 3 months ago #185133 by john_m
I'm very sorry for your loss. I've been there as well and know how rough it can be.

Nikon D200
Nikon 50mm f1.8D, Tokina 28-80 f2.8, Nikon 75-300, Sigma 18-200, Nikon SB-600, Nikon SB-25, Promaster triggers

12 years 3 months ago #185190 by mj~shutterbugg
My deepest sympathies John. They are our children and we love them as such, may you and your family find peace, comfort and strength during this difficult time.

RIP dear Shy Anne.

Think Off-Center ~ George Carlin
www.mjbrennanphoto.com

12 years 3 months ago #185556 by Shanna-Marie
So sorry for your loss my friend, that's a rough one.....may the memories that you shared bring you comfort and healing in the days ahead.

I believe that there is an explanation for everything, so, yes, I believe in miracles. ~Robert Brault

www.flickr.com/photos/shanna-m/

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024