Feel free to critique me!

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #187002 by FaithsMama
Please feel free to critique me! I am new to photography and I'm eager to learn as much as possible! Thanks!

Attachments:
12 years 2 months ago #187016 by Dori
The first one looks a tad soft to me, but the colors are beautiful. Good framing.

The second one seems soft as well. The flowers on the right are a tad distracting. I see them first and then the little girl. I love the pose and the smile tho!!!!

The softness could be from my monitor at work tho.

The last one I love!!!! Although I would loosen the crop a bit on the top. The BW works for me on this one!!!! :judge: :judge: :judge:

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

The following user(s) said Thank You: FaithsMama
12 years 2 months ago #187025 by lesanne45
I like all 3 but I love 2 and 3 . 2 is a little soft but it works for me. She seems like such a delightful little girl with big personality.:judge: :judge:

lesannesphotography.com
12 years 2 months ago #187029 by mattmoran
They all look sharp on my phone. My only complaint is the out of focus flowers in the foreground of the second picture. The first and third look awesome. Great job!

-Matt
12 years 2 months ago #187041 by photobod
No problems with me, they all look beautiful, what a pretty young model, the 3rd one is my fave just love everything about it. :judge: :judge: :judge: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :judge: :judge: :judge:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 2 months ago #187062 by FaithsMama
Thank you all for your feedback! I really do appreciate it!

12 years 2 months ago #187064 by rmeyer7
Fantastic effort for being new to photography - you've got a good eye and a lot of creativity. :judge:

A few small things I would try for these photos:
On #1, It doesn't look too soft to me. But I think the green is a bit oversaturated, which gives her blonde hair a funny tint. Tone down the saturation a little, or maybe just the greens.

On #2, if you want to use the out-of-focus flowers, you might try moving a little to the left to get the shot so they're not right in front of her. Use them to frame her on the right side. Then you wouldn't be obscuring her hands either :)

#3, as Dori mentioned I'd like to see just a little more space above her...maybe even below her as well.

All in all, very nice. Just a few tweaks/suggestions.

12 years 2 months ago #187152 by FaithsMama
Thank you! I am absolutely loving the journey of becoming better! I will definately try your suggestions and I do so appreciate them!

12 years 2 months ago #187188 by Stealthy Ninja
Inserted your pics so they're easier to see.
12 years 2 months ago #187203 by FaithsMama
Well thank you! That was extremely helpful! It's my first day and first post here so I didn't even know you could do that! Thanks again :)

12 years 2 months ago #187204 by pottsy62
:judge: All three look pretty freakin' awesome to me :judge:
:thumbsup: I love your use of depth of field :thumbsup:

Hey, YOU... Yes - YOU...come and see my site...
:rofl: :cheers: :thumbsup: www.snowleopardanimation.com.au :thumbsup: :cheers: :rofl:

12 years 2 months ago #187210 by butterflygirl921
:agree: you make these shots work! they are so beautiful!!! good job! :judge: :judge: :judge:

12 years 2 months ago #187214 by FaithsMama
Thank you so much!

12 years 2 months ago #187290 by MommaGator
I love the B&W one! So precious!
12 years 2 months ago #187305 by chasrich
:welcomeclan :judge: :thumbsup: :woohoo: Nicely done...

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024