My first HDR attempt, what do you think?

13 years 7 months ago #193 by Lucky One
I used Photomatix to process the image. Let me know what you think or if you have any tips for me.

Thanks!

Attachments:
13 years 7 months ago #998 by HawaiiGuy
I think if you pulled the table/image away from the direct light just a tad so the sun isn't drowning the candle... this would have improved your already "good" shot. Nice job.

13 years 7 months ago #1068 by sweetsomedays
I agree with HawaiiGuy's suggestion. It is a nice photo though!

13 years 7 months ago #1131 by photofriends
nice photo

13 years 6 months ago #1213 by ridinthestormout
Even though the Sun is drowning out those candles, I think it's a nice photo.

13 years 6 months ago #1355 by thescoutleader
Nice creative photo!! The light is a little harsh but nice anyway!

13 years 6 months ago #1517 by geronimoskillz
Nice photo!

13 years 6 months ago #1684 by mushiipeaz
not a bad photo in my book

13 years 6 months ago #2023 by bluesky
I also agree with hawaiinguy, pulling the object out of the direct sunlight would have made the objects look better, but it is a great picture.

13 years 6 months ago #3029 by airborne
Nice job on your first attempt! A little too much sun though, I know someone else has already said that but I had to add my 10 cents!!!

13 years 6 months ago #3119 by Sam
looks good...

13 years 5 months ago #4213 by Yasko
This is very good for a first attempt! If you turn the strength and luminosity up, white point to zero while reducing gamma, you may be able to avoid washing out the candles. This may up the noise, so microsmoothing can compensate for that.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024