Not really photography, but would like some input on these tattoo designs I did...

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #210391 by Joiemagic
I have come up with these two versions of a tattoo I designed that I want to get in memory of my mom and dad. The banner would either have

In Memory
Mom
Dad

or

R.I.P.
Mom
Dad
[/size]

Here is the first with what would be White Wings

anchor-wings-mom-dad tattoo design by Fadde Photography , on Flickr

And the second with Blue Wings

anchor-blue-wings-mom-dad tattoo by Fadde Photography , on Flickr

Any thoughts you can give me would be appreciated... Guess I am trying to pick the wing color for one... I am also debating on the size and location as well... I have thought about doing it large on my back or on my right arm. Left arm already taken...

Joie Fadde
Fadde Photography / Sports Shots, Etc.
"Capturing the Timeless Moments of Life"

On Flickr
www.flickr.com/photos/faddephotography/

12 years 1 month ago #210393 by Darrell
Designs are great, :judge: : the blue wings give me a feeling of a cold ocean

Both banners seem very generic, maybe something more personal IMHO. :beerbang:

You will not be judged as a photographer by the pictures you take, but by the pictures you show.
12 years 1 month ago #210527 by boriqua latina
Question I have for you first before I can give my opinion, I know this is special to you.. Do you by any chance know your parents favorite color each? I would go for their colors... Me personally I like the blue, tranquility , comfort, stands out, .... I also like "in memory" although I like it just mom and dad without any words before it.... On the right arm is more close to your heart and chest having it closer to you...

12 years 1 month ago #210532 by icepics
The two different blues don't quite seem to go together, maybe a different color of blue wings would look better to compare to the white. Not sure how white would look on the skin in a tatoo. I think 'In memory' sounds nicer of the two choices.

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 1 month ago #210545 by Joiemagic
Based on Boriqua Latina's thought about the colors... Mom's favorite color was purple, so I changed the banner color and also adjusted the blue wings to a lighter shade.

Purple Banner

anchor-wings-mom-dad purple tattoo design by Fadde Photography , on Flickr

Purple Banner / Blue Wings

anchor-blue-wings-mom-dad purple tattoo design by Fadde Photography , on Flickr

Feel free to add more comments and thoughts...

Joie Fadde

On Flickr

12 years 1 month ago #210611 by bigbubbaG
I like tattoos. I have several myself. The blue wings just doesn't do anything for me. BUT, I do like the idea of their favorite colors for the banner... I personally like that with the white wings. Just my opinion...:cheers:

Victory is won not in miles but inches. Win some, hold your ground, win some more.
---Louis L'amour

12 years 1 month ago #210636 by boriqua latina
the purple with white wings is cool , large size and "In memory...

12 years 1 month ago #210734 by mklinejr
I like the purple color for the ribbon but if it were mine I would think about the anchor and wings in black and grey. The only other thing is that the wings seem much more realistic
than the anchor but I think its the color throwing it off for me. again just my 2 cents

Life is much more managable when thought of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party - Jimmy Buffet
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #210736 by Stealthy Ninja
100 times over the white wings.

Also, just saw the purple.

Ah to me that's more pink than purple (I know, I know pink is a form of purple etc.).

Go for something a bit more manly like this colour:

or this colour

With white lettering

That's ROYAL purple IMHO.
12 years 1 month ago #210738 by Stealthy Ninja
This is what I'm thinking:

Attachments:
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #210751 by orion
Joie....I just wondering..whats the idea behind the anchor? I thought a cross might have been better as its in memory of your parents, but stick with boriqua latina's colors - the white and purple. Sorry I not going to do it as its your design and just a suggestion

12 years 1 month ago #210756 by Stealthy Ninja

orion wrote: Joie....I just wondering..whats the idea behind the anchor? I thought a cross might have been better as its in memory of your parents, but stick with boriqua latina's colors - the white and purple. Sorry I not going to do it as its your design and just a suggestion

Joie said a while ago his parents both loved the water (and boats I assume).
12 years 1 month ago #210758 by Joiemagic

orion wrote: Joie....I just wondering..whats the idea behind the anchor? I thought a cross might have been better as its in memory of your parents, but stick with boriqua latina's colors - the white and purple. Sorry I not going to do it as its your design and just a suggestion

The idea of the anchor is more that my parents were my anchor in life, and now in death they are my angels watching over me... that and we have always lived by the ocean and I still do... so that is a little added meaning... Thanks for the inquiry and thoughts...

Joie Fadde

On Flickr

12 years 1 month ago #210759 by Joiemagic

Stealthy Ninja wrote: This is what I'm thinking:

Thanks Adrian... for the idea and swatches.... One thing I am gonna do is put the Mom on top, Dad on the bottom and In Memory on the middle band, just because they were divorced. But they were still my anchors in life.

Joie Fadde

On Flickr

12 years 1 month ago #210761 by Stealthy Ninja
Something like this then?

The "In" blurred a bit because I expanded it, but you get the idea.

BTW I think this is a great idea. :thumbsup:
Attachments:

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024