Which of these shots do you like better?

8 years 1 month ago #221069 by Alex
So last week Scotty's telling me I have to down load Adobe Photoshop CS6, as it has some new features that were interesting.

After downloading I have to say, Adobe has again... raised the bar. :beerbang:

Here is the original from my recent San Diego trip:

Here is the same photo after tooling around in Photoshop CS6 with it's "Oil Paint" filter:

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 1 month ago #221094 by mklinejr
I like the original better..some of the "filters" that PS has I am not a huge fan of...I like the realism but thats just me.

btw the photo is great.

Life is much more managable when thought of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party - Jimmy Buffet

8 years 1 month ago #221120 by PT Admin
I like the first one better too.

New to the forum? Please read the forum rules at www.photographytalk.com/terms-of-use

8 years 1 month ago #221122 by Scotty
Original is better. You went crazy with that filter :cheers:

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments

8 years 1 month ago #221130 by CWphotos
:agree: The first is my pick.

What you are is so loud, I can't hear a word you say!

8 years 1 month ago #221140 by pottsy62
They certainly have raised the bar with CS6 ~ This result is OUTSTANDING!
Pity they put it out of the "peasant" price-range though, I'm still using CS2, but a lot of research and ingenuity still gets good results.
KUDOS to you on this... It is brilliant!

Hey, YOU... Yes - YOU...come and see my site...
:rofl: :cheers: :thumbsup: www.snowleopardanimation.com.au :thumbsup: :cheers: :rofl:

8 years 1 month ago #221210 by garthyguts
first one

8 years 1 month ago #221214 by Stealthy Ninja

PT Admin wrote: I like the first one better too.

The only opinion you need is right here bro. :banana:

8 years 1 month ago #221220 by geoffellis
As far as a "photo" is considered there really is only the first. I do like the second image though. its a very interesting image. It definitely looks to me like an oil painting.

8 years 1 month ago #221227 by chasrich
These two are pretty far apart. One side of my brain likes the first one - the second one does capture my attention though - :judge: :judge: :judge:

This is a grand vista BTW - level that horizon if you can... I feel some vertigo coming on. :woohoo:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent

8 years 1 month ago #221238 by mj~shutterbugg
I am with everyone else- I much prefer the original / first version.

Think Off-Center ~ George Carlin
www.mjbrennanphoto.com

8 years 1 month ago #221265 by john_m
With everyone else haha. Anyways, I know you did it to show the capabilities of CS6 and I must say WOW.

Nikon D200
Nikon 50mm f1.8D, Tokina 28-80 f2.8, Nikon 75-300, Sigma 18-200, Nikon SB-600, Nikon SB-25, Promaster triggers

8 years 1 month ago #221287 by Designer
Congratulations on your purchase of CS6. You now have the capability of producing an image that is practically useless.

Does CS6 give you the capability to level the horizon line?

8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #221309 by Stealthy Ninja

Designer wrote: Congratulations on your purchase of CS6. You now have the capability of producing an image that is practically useless.

Does CS6 give you the capability to level the horizon line?

No need to be a jerk. Especially to the owner of the site.

:pinch:

BTW you do know CS6 is in beta stage (free download BTW) and isn't actually for sale. Maybe you should fact check before making statements.

8 years 1 month ago #221324 by Alex

Scotty wrote: Original is better. You went crazy with that filter :cheers:

LMAO!!! I know... just messing around, I do like the effects however think it's much more suitable for certain photos like that tree one you have.

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

In the Canon 5D Mark III vs Canon 1D Mark IV battle, which of these older cameras is right for you? Get all the details on these oldies but goodies in this comparison review.

May 27, 2020

The Fujifilm X-T4 was released just a couple of months ago and represents a nice update to the X-T3. In this Fujifilm X-T4 review, we'll discuss specs, features, build, handling, and more.

May 20, 2020

Not sure if the Canon 5Ds R is right for you in 2020? Let us help you decide with this detailed Canon 5Ds R review.

May 20, 2020

Is the Fujifilm GFX 50S medium format camera the right choice for you? Find out in this quick review of its specs, build quality, video capabilities, and more.

May 18, 2020

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

In the Canon 5D Mark III vs Canon 1D Mark IV battle, which of these older cameras is right for you? Get all the details on these oldies but goodies in this comparison review.

May 27, 2020

I have two high-powered laptops on my desk. In this Macbook vs Razer comparison, I'll break these computers down by specs, pros, and cons.

May 27, 2020

There are plenty of items photographers need, including office equipment that improves your workflow, the functionality of your space, and makes you more comfortable.

May 26, 2020

If you're in the market for a new camera strap and you want something custom and handmade, look no further than these custom camera straps from Holdfast.

May 26, 2020

You can learn nude photography with any kind of camera. What's more important is to focus on the process and making the model (and yourself) as comfortable as possible.

May 26, 2020

What is a graduated ND filter? Do you know how to use a graduated ND filter? If not, check out this landscape photography tutorial!

May 21, 2020

My favorite drone is the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. But after spending the last few weeks playing with the Mavic Air 2, I've come to the conclusion that it's the best drone you can buy for less than $1,000.

May 21, 2020

There are more ways to carry camera gear than the strap that came with your camera. Give one of these beautiful, well-made, comfortable options a try.

May 20, 2020