Rage comment by upset guy

11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #222987 by nazardhiab
Its a pity when committing suicide while reaching the mountain top:watching: :watching: :watching: .

I am pointing at updating seen on Photography Talk!!!! Adding some decoration to a website while restricting the crucial attraction topics that generated a global community of photography obsessed individuals is a real decline. I wish the adminstration apply a BEFORE & AFTER comparison taking into consideration number of attendants, point earners, uploaded albums and other contributions.

If there are any dificulties facing the PT adminstration, I believe there should be other solutions considering loyality of members and not leading to a stampede. :angry: :angry: :angry:

NDhiab
11 years 11 months ago #222993 by geoffellis

nazardhiab wrote: Its a pity when committing suicide while reaching the mountain top:watching: :watching: :watching: .

I am pointing at updating seen on Photography Talk!!!! Adding some decoration to a website while restricting the crucial attraction topics that generated a global community of photography obsessed individuals is a real decline. I wish the adminstration apply a BEFORE & AFTER comparison taking into consideration number of attendants, point earners, uploaded albums and other contributions.

If there are any dificulties facing the PT adminstration, I believe there should be other solutions considering loyality of members and not leading to a stampede. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Gibberish.
11 years 11 months ago #222995 by chasrich
The admin of this site has been more than welcoming of fresh ideas and critical suggestions. I personally think it is part of their success. I've read your message several times trying for the life of me to find some sort of input that can be used. I've failed...

Please try to use some less dramatic terms - the subject line is very provocative which I assume was your intent - the content does not make a lot of sense in English which I assume is your second language. I think you might get more of a coherent message across if you wrote in your native tongue even though I don't understand that either.

Either repost your meaning of at least don't be offended if you get no real reply to your message.

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
11 years 11 months ago #223005 by Stealthy Ninja

geoffellis wrote:

nazardhiab wrote: Its a pity when committing suicide while reaching the mountain top:watching: :watching: :watching: .

Gibberish.

Lol Geoff I love you.

Judging by the points to post ratio I'd say the op is upset he's not getting on top points by spamming the albums with comments.

TO which I lovingly say: toughen up cupcake.
11 years 11 months ago #223016 by john_m

geoffellis wrote:

Gibberish.

You sir are my hero!

Nikon D200
Nikon 50mm f1.8D, Tokina 28-80 f2.8, Nikon 75-300, Sigma 18-200, Nikon SB-600, Nikon SB-25, Promaster triggers

11 years 11 months ago #223021 by mj~shutterbugg

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

geoffellis wrote:

Gibberish.

Lol Geoff I love you.

Judging by the points to post ratio I'd say the op is upset he's not getting on top points by spamming the albums with comments.

TO which I lovingly say: toughen up cupcake.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: You guys seriously rock! (John as well, I just don't know how to quote two posts in one response :)

Think Off-Center ~ George Carlin
www.mjbrennanphoto.com

11 years 11 months ago #223023 by shelland
HUH?

I have no idea what the post means either. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one.

But considering our small HS (~400 students) has experienced two suicides in a two month period, I can't say the subject is appreciated. I'm not offended by any means, but suicide is no light matter.

Scott

- Twin Cities, MN

11 years 11 months ago #223029 by Stealthy Ninja
I edited the topic to something less offensive and better reflecting the content within.
The following user(s) said Thank You: McBeth Photography, mj~shutterbugg
11 years 11 months ago #223031 by john_m
Haha, thanks MJ and to think I got all excited because I thought the OP created another thread about this lol.

Nikon D200
Nikon 50mm f1.8D, Tokina 28-80 f2.8, Nikon 75-300, Sigma 18-200, Nikon SB-600, Nikon SB-25, Promaster triggers

11 years 11 months ago #223060 by rmeyer7

How dare this absolutely free site that serves as a valuable resource for all of us make changes that some incoherent poster dislikes! It's a pity you're forced to stay here and don't have the option of simply not visiting the site--oh wait.

11 years 11 months ago #223067 by Stealthy Ninja
This guy needs a kitten.
11 years 11 months ago #223073 by Scotty
I dunno about you guys, but lets stampede this suicide in jar of deceipt, give me a receipt i wanna return this coat

Legos.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #223074 by bhowdy
Oh thank goodness! I read the OP's comment early this morning and thought WTH? Then decided that maybe I needed more coffee and some time. So I have returned to it during lunch and it still makes no sense, except for the thoughts by Geoff and Ninja.

The OP's post to points ratio harkens back to a post that I made a few weeks ago asking about the folks that had 2 posts and 76 million points!?!? (maybe not that extreme)

I hope (feel sure) that the admins goal is to have a free flowing set of forums with loads of participation. Other forums slowly fade away due to posts being made, photos being uploaded and the post count is 1 or 2, while the view count is 65. This discourages folks and they stop posting and move on.

The photo posting forums are a place to share our images and receive comment, opinion and critique from others. While we all like to share our "work" and it is fun to be told how "great" an image is .... It's also very important to receive constructive comment and critique. Heck .... Ninja offers comment on my postings! :slapface:

Bob Howdeshell

"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera" ~ Lewis Hine

11 years 11 months ago #223080 by icepics
To some extent it probabl got lost in translation, and the first sentence seemed rather dramatic the way it came across (maybe it could have meant self destructive or something along those lines).

There have been changes off and on since the first of the year, and the latest ones that started going into effect 2-3 weeks ago seem to have caused more problems than improved the site, and still aren't completely resolved or been addressed. I think people are getting frustrated with it.

Maybe someone could try to find out what his concern really is before everybody jumps all over him.

Sharon
Photo Comments
11 years 11 months ago #223157 by Stealthy Ninja

Scotty wrote: I dunno about you guys, but lets stampede this suicide in jar of deceipt, give me a receipt i wanna return this coat

Legos.

Let's get wong out of ky!

That comment made be lol big time.

@bhowdy your comment rocks!

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024