Rage comment by upset guy

11 years 11 months ago #223161 by chasrich
I was inclined to just delete the post earlier this morning. but that would be taking editorial licence too far. Isn't it nice to know you can make a rant and have it stayed posted. :woohoo: :woohoo:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #223179 by Alex
Well... hmmmmm. I'll say this is an interesting thread. OP - I can appreciate that you are exercising your freedom of speech. I built this community so that people can do just that. Actually the community was built to provide a fun, dynamic (always changing for the better), PG13 environment for photographers from around the world. A place where photographers could interact with other photographers while learning from one another.

I will have to agree with the earlier statement about your points to post ratio. You must be one of the folks that enjoyed rating photos while you gained points. You might have noticed that there have been a few changes on this site. One includes a shiny new gallery with a different photo rating system. The last rating system was a bit generic and offered little value to those curious what others thought of particular photo. Now between the photos meta data showing, more in depth photo rating system AND larger images. Enthusiast like yourself can walk away with some much more appreciate for that particular photo.

Let me say this while on topic... although I don't mind you posting comments like this. Had you PM'd me or used the contact us form below. I would have been happy to share what is happening "behind the scenes" as we speak. So I'll tell you briefly here... the points are still around, actually I have some big plans for the point system, ways to earn double points and how these points can translate into tangible perks. However like anything else... I can stretch my technology resources only so far and fast. When introducing new changes... there are bugs. We fix the bugs before we go adding new building blocks. I'm speculating on what might be bothering you... but if it's the point system... please be patient... it's being fine tuned as we speak.

Man... that was a mouthful, any way... Thank you all for your support. I can promise you this site is far from done with much more awesome changes and features coming. Stay tuned!

Much respect,

Alex

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
11 years 11 months ago #223180 by Baydream
:thumbsup:

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
11 years 11 months ago #223181 by Happy-pixel
I've spoken with you via PM's and I know you are working your butt off on this site. There are some bugs from the recent changes, but I've seen them getting fixed pretty quickly. This is the only photo site I belong to these days :patriot:

Photo Comments
11 years 11 months ago #223182 by Scotty

Baydream wrote: :thumbsup:

:cheers:

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
11 years 11 months ago #223190 by UndertheBridge

nazardhiab wrote: Its a pity when committing suicide while reaching the mountain top:watching: :watching: :watching: .

I am pointing at updating seen on Photography Talk!!!! Adding some decoration to a website while restricting the crucial attraction topics that generated a global community of photography obsessed individuals is a real decline. I wish the adminstration apply a BEFORE & AFTER comparison taking into consideration number of attendants, point earners, uploaded albums and other contributions.

If there are any dificulties facing the PT adminstration, I believe there should be other solutions considering loyality of members and not leading to a stampede. :angry: :angry: :angry:

english bad so reading harder speak better!

I want to learn how to photography, so i can be good photo.

I Jøhån Blîktérg Hyvää päivää
Make word hard english number 2 language

11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #223191 by Stealthy Ninja
Good post Alex. Very diplomatically handled.

Stampede shouts mountain beside the blasted radical.
11 years 11 months ago #223196 by Litebox Fotos

nazardhiab wrote: Its a pity when committing suicide while reaching the mountain top:watching: :watching: :watching: .

I am pointing at updating seen on Photography Talk!!!! Adding some decoration to a website while restricting the crucial attraction topics that generated a global community of photography obsessed individuals is a real decline. I wish the adminstration apply a BEFORE & AFTER comparison taking into consideration number of attendants, point earners, uploaded albums and other contributions.

If there are any dificulties facing the PT adminstration, I believe there should be other solutions considering loyality of members and not leading to a stampede. :angry: :angry: :angry:

You're a handsome man.

11 years 11 months ago #223222 by Monster

Alex wrote: Well... hmmmmm. I'll say this is an interesting thread. OP - I can appreciate that you are exercising your freedom of speech. I built this community so that people can do just that. Actually the community was built to provide a fun, dynamic (always changing for the better), PG13 environment for photographers from around the world. A place where photographers could interact with other photographers while learning from one another.

I will have to agree with the earlier statement about your points to post ratio. You must be one of the folks that enjoyed rating photos while you gained points. You might have noticed that there have been a few changes on this site. One includes a shiny new gallery with a different photo rating system. The last rating system was a bit generic and offered little value to those curious what others thought of particular photo. Now between the photos meta data showing, more in depth photo rating system AND larger images. Enthusiast like yourself can walk away with some much more appreciate for that particular photo.

Let me say this while on topic... although I don't mind you posting comments like this. Had you PM'd me or used the contact us form below. I would have been happy to share what is happening "behind the scenes" as we speak. So I'll tell you briefly here... the points are still around, actually I have some big plans for the point system, ways to earn double points and how these points can translate into tangible perks. However like anything else... I can stretch my technology resources only so far and fast. When introducing new changes... there are bugs. We fix the bugs before we go adding new building blocks. I'm speculating on what might be bothering you... but if it's the point system... please be patient... it's being fine tuned as we speak.

Man... that was a mouthful, any way... Thank you all for your support. I can promise you this site is far from done with much more awesome changes and features coming. Stay tuned!

Much respect,

Alex

:thumbsup: thanks for making this site!

Photo Comments
11 years 11 months ago #223273 by geoffellis

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

geoffellis wrote:

Gibberish.

Lol Geoff I love you.

Judging by the points to post ratio I'd say the op is upset he's not getting on top points by spamming the albums with comments.

TO which I lovingly say: toughen up cupcake.

ya I love you too... ^^^

I almost suspect this text was taken directly from babelfish or google translate LOL
11 years 11 months ago #223292 by Stealthy Ninja

geoffellis wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

geoffellis wrote:

Gibberish.

Lol Geoff I love you.

Judging by the points to post ratio I'd say the op is upset he's not getting on top points by spamming the albums with comments.

TO which I lovingly say: toughen up cupcake.

ya I love you too... ^^^

I almost suspect this text was taken directly from babelfish or google translate LOL

Yeh it does seem that way.

After reading it, your one word summary was just gold. Made be crack up for ages.
11 years 11 months ago #223302 by mj~shutterbugg
I want to say Thank You to Alex and the whole PT team. Running a forum and keeping it friendly and flowing is tough, I used to moderate a baby board and hormonal women can be tough. Every improvement brings bumps, I choose to ride them out and be happy for all the fun and help I have received here.

Think Off-Center ~ George Carlin
www.mjbrennanphoto.com

11 years 11 months ago #223328 by shelland
Thanks Alex!

Scott

- Twin Cities, MN

11 years 11 months ago #223362 by Jeanne Merlo
Love this site! Keep up the work :beerbang:

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024