The Pet Thread

13 years 2 months ago #27171 by Hamtastic
Great looking pets!

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #27356 by Yasko

dragonflies8888 wrote:

Merlin is great! Looks like he's really intrigued by your camera. Most electus parrots like Merlin can talk really well. Can he say anything?

Oh, here's Bubba, my neighbor's Jack Russel. He gets honorable mention, this dog has too much personality not to.

13 years 2 months ago #27359 by Baydream

Yasko wrote:

dragonflies8888 wrote:

Merlin is great! Looks like he's really intrigued by your camera. Most electus parrots like Merlin can talk really well. Can he say anything?

Oh, here's Bubba, my neighbor's Jack Russel. He gets honorable mention, this dog has too much personality not to.

Surprised you got a Jack Russell to stand still long enough to get a shot :whistle:

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #27361 by Yasko
LMAO your actually right on that account. I think somehow he knows the camera is taking pictures. He'll run up to anyone with a camera, strangers even, and stare up at them with that giant doggy grin...for 1/2 a second. This is one of 5 other continuos-frame shots that didn't make the cut.

13 years 2 months ago #27446 by Screamin Scott
Lots of nice pet photos here...Went to a dog park today 7 met one of my sons there with his Westie...Here they are together

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
Attachments:
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #27447 by Karl Wertanen
Griffin... Truly the best friend i ever had. :beerbang: :cheers:

Attachments:
13 years 2 months ago #27448 by Screamin Scott
We all miss our old friends that have passed on to Doggie Heaven...Mine was "Pepper" AKA "The Baby"...Lived with us for 15 1/2 years...He was rescued form the local pound . Still miss him so...He's buried out behind our house...

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
Attachments:
13 years 2 months ago #27451 by rosebud81592
My Dobermans, Raney and Khaos.
Linda R from Wooster, Ohio

Attachments:
13 years 2 months ago #27480 by Joves
I dont have a pet so I borrow one every once in a while. I dont have the space or the time for one at this point in my life. My aunts dog Maria who is my hiking buddy doing her best RinTinTin pose.

13 years 2 months ago #27510 by Zafonia
This was my Dobie Chyna Doll, two of the pic are of her being scolded for helping the 2 year old eat a whole package of oreo's. They made such a big mess all over the kitchen floor.... but she did clean most of it up. The other photo is of her, a litter of puppies and the 2 year old. Best friend to me and my family, she died shortly after being diagnosed with breast cancer. She will always have a place in our hearts.

Attachments:
13 years 2 months ago #27519 by Lori G
This was my boy, Bailey. He was a great dog, and I miss him terribly. :( By far, my best friend ever.

Attachments:
13 years 2 months ago #27720 by Yasko

rosebud81592 wrote: My Dobermans, Raney and Khaos.
Linda R from Wooster, Ohio

What an awsome capture :thumbsup:

The following user(s) said Thank You: rosebud81592
13 years 2 months ago #27991 by digishutterbug
I have no pets now. Not practical for me right now, but I really miss them, especially coming into an empty house. I love all your photos and feel so jealous and sad

13 years 2 months ago #28080 by Baydream

digishutterbug wrote: I have no pets now. Not practical for me right now, but I really miss them, especially coming into an empty house. I love all your photos and feel so jealous and sad

I'm heading to a "Pet Expo" this weekend with the camera club to get some pet photos. Dog and cat shows are a great source of material.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #28263 by Dryoo7
My best friend had four legs
By: C.E. Skilling

Through the neighborhood
She’d follow this tot
Eyes searching for danger
When I went where I should not
She’d lay in the yard
That my parents could see
The hiding place
Where friends and I would be
We hunted for lions with red eyes
While the cops sought us out
I was some great jungle hunter
And she with her shining snout
I got the spanking of my life
She a pat on the head
What the heck kind of deal was that
We both should have went to the shed
When her time came
And I but four or five
I learned the hardest lesson
How all cannot survive
Then there was Iodine
To soothe away my pain
My parents gave him to me
Hoping I’d forget and love again
But I’ll not soon forget my friend
And still sometimes expect
To see her running ‘round the bend
Eyes searching, with ears erect
I with sometimes it would happen
That in a dream
I could giver ‘er a big smakie
‘cause she was my best friend
This mutt that followed
Called blackie.

Scott: I couldn't resist.
Chuck

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024

With these easy iPhone photography tips, you can maximize the functionality of your iPhone’s camera and get much-improved results for portraits, landscapes, and any other genre!

Apr 05, 2024

A small camera backpack is the perfect vessel for carrying your photography kit. The problem is there’s so many to choose from! Use this guide for details on three top choices.

Apr 04, 2024