Nikon Af-S 85mm f1.8G sample thread

8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #268875 by john_m
This lens has to be my favorite one yet! Shot at f2.2

Nikon D200
Nikon 50mm f1.8D, Tokina 28-80 f2.8, Nikon 75-300, Sigma 18-200, Nikon SB-600, Nikon SB-25, Promaster triggers

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 1 month ago #268878 by garyrhook
Yeah, I want one of those. The lens, that is, not the cat.

Gary

www.grhookphoto.com
facebook.com/grhookphoto

Photo Comments
Attachments:

8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #268892 by Scotty
I'm a fan of the lens too. Here's two of my contributions.

Click to enlarge.

Best bang for your buck lens out there I believe though.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments

8 years 1 month ago #268915 by john_m
Great shots Scott!!!! I am sure I have seen that first one somewhere else..Nikon Cafe? I cant wait to actually get out and play with this lens some more.

Nikon D200
Nikon 50mm f1.8D, Tokina 28-80 f2.8, Nikon 75-300, Sigma 18-200, Nikon SB-600, Nikon SB-25, Promaster triggers

8 years 1 month ago #270141 by McBeth Photography
What is this?

Actually owning a lens and commenting about it after you take pictures with it? That's outrageous.

The only true way to tell if a lens is any good is to read lens tests on the internet or comments by people who have never owned or shot one... not to actually take pictures with one for yourself! Didn't you know that?

Just kidding... obviously...

Have fun with your new lens guys, it is awesome. :) Great shots too, BTW!!!

It is what it is.

8 years 4 weeks ago #270248 by joteri
Nice. I think this is going to be my next lens.

8 years 4 weeks ago #270265 by john_m

McBeth Photography wrote: What is this?

Actually owning a lens and commenting about it after you take pictures with it? That's outrageous.

The only true way to tell if a lens is any good is to read lens tests on the internet or comments by people who have never owned or shot one... not to actually take pictures with one for yourself! Didn't you know that?

Just kidding... obviously...

Have fun with your new lens guys, it is awesome. :) Great shots too, BTW!!!

Your crazy Barry haha

Nikon D200

8 years 4 weeks ago #270266 by john_m

joteri wrote: Nice. I think this is going to be my next lens.

You will definitely not be let down by it.

Here is another quick snap with it. The weather has been pretty crappy lately so I still havent had a real opportunity to take the lens out.

Nikon D200

8 years 4 weeks ago #270279 by photobod
Love the photos :judge: , its a good lens obviously :beerbang: , yes Barry is crazy :ntf:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

8 years 4 weeks ago #270281 by john_m
haha David!

Nikon D200

8 years 4 weeks ago #270363 by Stealthy Ninja
I used to own this lens. Nikons best value lens bar none.

8 years 4 weeks ago #270418 by Vespista

Brilliant lens.

Photo Comments
Attachments:

8 years 3 weeks ago #271718 by john_m
^great photo!

Nikon D200

The following user(s) said Thank You: Vespista

8 years 2 weeks ago #271861 by Alex
Perfect... add another lens to the wish list for me! :judge:

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vespista

8 years 2 weeks ago #271869 by Vespista
Thanks guys.
:thx2:

Photo Comments

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Ricoh GR III is a little-known compact camera that might be just the ticket for you if you want a small, portable, and easy-to-use camera.

Feb 19, 2021

The Sony a7S III is a video-first full frame camera with a hefty price tag. Is it worth the price of admission? Get all the details in this Sony a7S III review.

Feb 18, 2021

In this Nikon Z7 II review learn how this new camera is similar to the original Z7 and how it makes improvements upon the original.

Feb 16, 2021

The Sony Cybershot DSC-RX10 III is a highly capable, video-first bridge camera. The question is, is it right for you? Get all the details in this Sony Cybershot DSC-RX10 III review!

Feb 12, 2021

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Which monitor panel types should you invest in? In this monitor buying guide, learn a few tips for getting the best monitor for photo editing.

Feb 23, 2021

Marketing for photography businesses can take up a ton of time, so you want to do it right and do so without taking up your entire day. Use these beginner marketing tips to help point you in the right direction.

Feb 23, 2021

If a photography tripod is too cumbersome for you, you can learn how to stabilize a camera with any number of tripod substitutes.

Feb 22, 2021

Use this real estate photography gear list to learn about some of the most critical pieces of kit you need to take the highest-quality real estate photos.

Feb 22, 2021

If you aren't sure how to get feedback from clients, check out these simple solutions for your photography business.

Feb 19, 2021

The Ricoh GR III is a little-known compact camera that might be just the ticket for you if you want a small, portable, and easy-to-use camera.

Feb 19, 2021

Drop shipping your printed photos can save you time and money. But there are cons to consider as well. Get all the details in this guide to drop shipping for photography businesses.

Feb 19, 2021

The Sony a7S III is a video-first full frame camera with a hefty price tag. Is it worth the price of admission? Get all the details in this Sony a7S III review.

Feb 18, 2021