Slot Cars Racing

5 years 1 week ago #638775 by Nikon Shooter
Cheers Daryl!

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
5 years 1 week ago #638812 by Sara Miles
The lowlight shots are incredible. Must be difficult to pull through. 

5 years 1 week ago #638817 by Nikon Shooter
Set a tripod by the kitchen table and a dimming light
source. Create a composition of anything and try it! :P

Photo Comments
5 years 1 week ago #638844 by GaryA
J’aime ces... tous, mais, j’aurais tourne ce que j’aurais tourne une course de voiture a grande echelle, principalement au niveau des yeux. Bien sur, un oeil d’oiseau tourne pour mettre la scene, mais apres avoir mis la scene, au niveau des yeux. J’aurais essaye d’obtenir des flips de voiture et tels dans les courbes et virages serres.

I like these ... all of them, but, I would have shot this as I would have shot a full scale car race, mostly at eye level. Sure a bird's eye shot to set the scene, but after setting the scene, at eye level.  I would have tried to get some car flips  and such in the tighter curves and turns. 

There are photographs everywhere. It is the call of photographers to see and capture those images.
www: garyayala.com

5 years 1 week ago - 5 years 1 week ago #638853 by Nikon Shooter

Just before a state level competition — with all cars freshly
serviced and repainted, and two hours for 8 racers and some 
family to scrub, wipe, and clean the tracks, this assignment 
was clear: document the shiny toys for their website.…

and you're suggesting car crashes and flips? :rofl:

Photo Comments
5 years 1 week ago #638907 by Jack Mason
Yeah! car flips would have been great too but these shots are already great on their own. Lowlight shots for me is a challenge. 

5 years 1 week ago #638934 by Nikon Shooter
Try candle light shots, maybe?

Photo Comments
5 years 1 week ago #638945 by GaryA

Nikon Shooter wrote: 

Just before a state level competition — with all cars freshly
serviced and repainted, and two hours for 8 racers and some 
family to scrub, wipe, and clean the tracks, this assignment 
was clear: document the shiny toys for their website.…

and you're suggesting car crashes and flips? :rofl:

Quand j’etais gamin, j’aimais les voitures de course. Oui, les flips faisaient toujours partie de l’action.

There are photographs everywhere. It is the call of photographers to see and capture those images.
www: garyayala.com

5 years 5 days ago #639823 by Kyle Johnson
The color of the lights is cool, so attractive. Give a real feel of the race. This is awesome. 

5 years 5 days ago #639908 by Nikon Shooter
Cheers guys!

Photo Comments
5 years 4 days ago #640020 by Hannah Williams
Did they win the competition? I bet if it was a photo contest, you would have won. Really good shots. 

5 years 4 days ago #640025 by Nikon Shooter

Hannah Williams wrote: Did they win the competition?

These young guys have more enthusiasm than competition
experience at this time but I'm sure they'll get there!

Hannah Williams wrote: I bet if it was a photo contest, you would have won. Really good shots. 

I never entered a contest but you make me feel like a winner,
thank you Hannah! :P

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024