The Peace March

5 years 1 week ago - 5 years 1 week ago #639972 by GaryA
A friend owns a doughnut shop in a lower economic area of Los Angeles.  My friend's brother was killed while chasing a robber. This is a tribute to the fallen and the neighborhood coming together to say enough-is-enough, no to violence, a march for peace.

There are photographs everywhere. It is the call of photographers to see and capture those images.
www: garyayala.com

The following user(s) said Thank You: KCook
5 years 1 week ago #640018 by Hannah Williams
I was moved to tears with these shots. Thank you for sharing. 

5 years 1 week ago #640069 by GaryA

Hannah Williams wrote: I was moved to tears with these shots. Thank you for sharing. 

Thank you Hannah.  It was a tough shoot.

There are photographs everywhere. It is the call of photographers to see and capture those images.

5 years 1 week ago #640072 by Nikon Shooter
I dig your eye and #4… yes, moving!

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
5 years 1 week ago #640115 by Adam Wilson
The 4th and 5th shot are really awesome man! I salute the bravery of this guy!

5 years 1 week ago #640361 by GaryA

Nikon Shooter wrote: I dig your eye and #4… yes, moving!

Merci Nikon Shooter.

5 years 1 week ago #640365 by GaryA

Adam Wilson wrote: The 4th and 5th shot are really awesome man! I salute the bravery of this guy!

Thank you Adam Wilson.

5 years 6 days ago #640504 by Eshan Rachit
Very good set. No words can say about the feelings in these shots. 

5 years 6 days ago #640542 by GaryA

Eshan Rachit wrote: Very good set. No words can say about the feelings in these shots. 

Thank you Eshan.

5 years 6 days ago #640637 by Jin Hyuk Kwon
Nice light and a very good render of the shot. I am moved with the story. Thanks for sharing. 

5 years 5 days ago #640696 by GaryA

Jin Hyuk Kwon wrote: Nice light and a very good render of the shot. I am moved with the story. Thanks for sharing. 

Thank you Jin Hyuk Kwon.

5 years 3 days ago #640908 by spudalicious
Every shot is moving on its own.  The series really drives home the grief, anger and the power of a supportive community.    Outstanding and very emotional Gary.   

I'm not built for this type of photography.  I envy your skill and am grateful to you and photographers like you, for telling these people's stories.

Photo Comments
5 years 3 days ago #640912 by GaryA

spudalicious wrote: Every shot is moving on its own.  The series really drives home the grief, anger and the power of a supportive community.    Outstanding and very emotional Gary.   

I'm not built for this type of photography.  I envy your skill and am grateful to you and photographers like you, for telling these people's stories.

Thank you Spudalicious.

5 years 3 days ago #640913 by Troponin
Incredible series, Gary. This is what photography is about! Capturing what the moment felt like and what it means. Good stuff.

Photo Comments
5 years 2 days ago #640997 by Joshua Atkins
This is a really emotional set. Real good composition! 

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024