C-19 lockdown makes it hard- but here are some images from the great land Downun

4 years 2 weeks ago #681416 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day All

From April 2020, Australia is in "informal lockdown" with travel restrictions imposed by the federal and state governments.  It makes it nearly impossible to travel and for me, the love of photography will be harder to fulfill ~ but with care, I can still walk around my home district. 

So I intend to offer members of this forum images from my archives ... and I encourage others here to do the same

Hope this helps bring a smile to your day
Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

4 years 2 weeks ago #681417 by Ozzie_Traveller
Barrel Racing at a rodeo

The contestants push their horses around a figure-8 course as fast as they can without touching a barrel or losing control of the horse

img\def

4 years 2 weeks ago #681490 by Eshan Rachit
Great action here Nicely-timed shot. 

4 years 2 weeks ago - 4 years 2 weeks ago #681537 by Ozzie_Traveller
#2-- Challicum Hills, western Victoria
When it was commissioned back in 2003-4 this wind farm was Australia's largest wind farm with 63 turbines. Today there are larger facilities to be found across the country.  This image was taken from the viewing area about 1-1/2km away from the turbines

img\def

2009, Panny FZ-30, 1/4sec exposure at sunrise

4 years 2 weeks ago #681540 by Nikon Shooter
Yes, that unmistakable red earth! :P

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
4 years 2 weeks ago #681568 by Sara Miles
I thought it's Mars! Nice wide shot. 

4 years 2 weeks ago #681671 by Ozzie_Traveller
Thanks both of you

It was taken about 7am during a 3-minute window in the heavy clouds blocking the winter sun / sunrise.  Once the cloud gap had moved, it was back to a dreary grey landscape
Phil

4 years 2 weeks ago #681672 by Ozzie_Traveller
#3-  2014- Fishing boat, southern Tasmania
Taken at one of the many coastal inlets that give shelter to the boats when not out seeking a catch
img\def

Fuji X-S1,1/500s x F8,0; 20x zoom

4 years 2 weeks ago #681728 by Ozzie_Traveller
#4- 2016- Outback farm windmill at sunrise
Near Julia Creek, outback Queensland

img\def

Panny FZ-200; 1/200s x F5,6; 20x zoom

4 years 2 weeks ago #681758 by Joshua Atkins
The sunset shot is pretty awesome. 

4 years 2 weeks ago #681851 by Ozzie_Traveller

Joshua Atkins wrote: The sunset shot is pretty awesome. 

Thanks mate - yes it was a spectacular sunrise to watch - and each time I view this pic, I still like it

Phil

4 years 2 weeks ago #681852 by Ozzie_Traveller
#5- 2009 Bee about to land on a grevillea flower head

img\def

Fuji S-5000 + #2 closeup lens + flash

4 years 1 week ago #681903 by Ozzie_Traveller
#6--  2017- Skydiving, tandem jump, instructor & passenger, Innisfail skydiving centre, northern Queensland

img\def

Panny FZ-200; 1/1300s x F4,5, lens at 940mm FFequivalent

4 years 1 week ago #681939 by Kira Minori

Ozzie_Traveller wrote: #2-- Challicum Hills, western Victoria
When it was commissioned back in 2003-4 this wind farm was Australia's largest wind farm with 63 turbines. Today there are larger facilities to be found across the country.  This image was taken from the viewing area about 1-1/2km away from the turbines

img\def

2009, Panny FZ-30, 1/4sec exposure at sunrise

Very nice panoramic shot. 

4 years 1 week ago #682013 by Ozzie_Traveller
Thanks Kira for your thoughts
Phil

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024