Can Anyone Make Sense of This?

1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #693662 by Nikon Shooter
For sure not a big spider but I never saw this before… got any idea?

Light is free… capturing it is not!
This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #693677 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day NS

Looks like an Aussie Huntsman spider - females are larger than males - and if it is on the loose, it may have escaped from someone's "pet" collection. Quite harmless to us, it hunts at night and traps flies and other insects while they are sleeping

Males grow to about 4cm across, females grow to about 9cm across

If it is in your place, leave it alone to go its own way - it will be unable to reproduce and at the start of winter, it will fade away

Hope this helps
Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

1 year 5 months ago #693738 by Jin Hyuk Kwon
I also have no idea. Nice focus here. 

1 year 5 months ago #693743 by Shadowfixer1
I hate spiders. I never paid much attention to them until I was bitten by a brown recluse. The bite eventually ate a hole into my arm about he size of a quarter and a half inch deep. That was no fun dealing with that issue. I had another spider bite on my ear and it swelled up till I looked like a old boxer who wasn't very good at his craft.

1 year 5 months ago #693756 by Nikon Shooter
Thanks guys!

Sorry for your bad experiences with spiders… luckily,
I had none. Cheers!

Photo Comments

1 year 4 months ago #695005 by Sara Miles
The focus is perfect here. 

1 year 4 months ago #695344 by Nikon Shooter
Cheers Sara!

Photo Comments

1 year 4 months ago #695480 by Joshua Atkins
No bad experience with spiders either. Really cool shot here. 

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

This Fujifilm X-Pro 2 vs X-Pro 3 comparison review explores the similarities and differences between these cameras so you can decide which best fits your needs.

Dec 13, 2021

The Nikon D3X is a 13-year-old high-end camera. The question is, does it still have what it takes to be a pro-level camera in 2021? The answer might surprise you.

Nov 19, 2021

The Canon EOS Rebel SL1 was the smallest DSLR on the market when it came out in 2013. Is it still a decent option for photographers in 2021? Let's find out!

Nov 04, 2021

The Nikon D4 is nearly a decade old, but despite its age, it still offers a lot of features and benefits for professional and amateur photographers alike.

Nov 03, 2021

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

There are many excellent used Sony cameras that you can choose from. The question is, which one is best? Check out this buyer's guide to find out!

Jan 19, 2022

Not sure how to hang a photo? Use this quick beginner's guide to get some great tips for making your photos look great on your wall.

Jan 14, 2022

There are many types of cameras used for photography, from small point-and-shoot cameras to full frame professional mirrorless. Learn what type of camera might be best for you!

Jan 13, 2022

The RØDE VideoMic GO II is here, and it's packed with features that make it an ideal audio option for new, intermediate, and advanced videographers.

Jan 11, 2022

There are many different choices for the best camera for product photography. Consult this guide to learn about some of the very best options.

Jan 11, 2022

Do you need some quality Nikon camera gear but don't want to break the bank? Check out these inexpensive Nikon accessories!

Jan 11, 2022

Not sure what the camera lens hood purpose is? In this guide, we'll dive deep into all things camera lens hood so you understand why they are a good investment.

Jan 07, 2022

If you're not sure what optical lens stabilization is or what it does, consult this quick guide that also dives into camera-based image stabilization.

Jan 06, 2022